Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WEDDING of Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling, June 19, 2010  (Read 540063 times)
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2340 on: June 25, 2020, 01:46:06 PM »

As far as I can recall, Dan has never put a foot wrong, has he?  He always shows up, always behaves appropriately, puts on damn good show of being a family guy.  Vic lucked out finding him as far as I’m concerned. 

I agree.  These are also their new royal portrait photos that will go on to their patrons and on the court website.  As such they're more subdued It wouldn't be professional to be all over each other. 
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2341 on: June 25, 2020, 04:06:48 PM »

Interestingly enough at that time Jonas and Madeleine were always promoted as the "ideal couple" and despite his infidelity got engaged. That shows IMO that the Swedish RF can't appreciate the values Daniel brings into this family - despite being looked down at.

In fairness, it has been said that CG told Madeleine to cancel the engagement once the cheating was revealed; it was Madeleine who was reluctant to do so.

IMO, Daniel and Vic are fine.  That said, I would be heartbroken if anything ever happened between them.  I think we often times look for drama when there isn't any because there is no drama in Sweden any longer.  All of the children are settled, have children and from the outside looking in, are very happy with the choices they have made.  Vic and Dan have been Vic and Dan for years upon years.  You fall into a certain level of comfort when you're together that long and you become full fledged partners.  Where there is one, there is the other; that is Vic and Dan. 

As for him looking "off" as of late, we must remember that Daniel is a high risk individual and the world is in the middle of a pandemic.  I too, would be concerned for my health if I was high risk. 
oldfriends

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2342 on: June 25, 2020, 09:59:12 PM »

Actually I think that Covid and quarantine brought them again closer together and that they looked happier together than before.

They're obviously past the state of teenage love or honeymoon state, but I believe theirs is a stable marriage and that they will stay together, because they kove each other not because it is expected.

I agree! There's been a few times recently where you can see the 'spark' again.  I think they're a solid couple!  Personally I think Daniel is the best thing the Swedish Royalty has going! (Love Victoria but she is the Crown Princess - Daniel is just a darling! I'd say she scored!)
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2343 on: June 25, 2020, 10:23:58 PM »

CG once said, that a male crown prince would have it much easier. We all considered this very misogynistic (and I am still convinced he is a slime ball), but perhaps he had a point.
If you look at most male consorts, they had a very difficult time, much harder than the female consorts.
The idea that a woman can be the leading role with her husband as a supporting actor is fairly new and has not sunk in very deeply in our modern western educated societies.
Women, esp. royal women are expected to be totally involved with the care of children (not necessarily their own), charities for the elderly and vulnerable and of course a bit of the beautifying arts. Men who seem to enjoy that are easily called a tussy.
And the down playing of their education and career is proof of that.
Dan, the personal trainer compared to ...the successful lawyer from down under, the Hollywood a-list actress, the NY based financial expert, the former model and philanthropist (only exception is a royal lady who has had a bad media and is still only referred to as the former TV announcer)
They downplay his english, but if someone else simply says "hi" in a foreign language, the press fawns over their linguistic abilities.
In any case, I think he knew what he would be in for, but that doesn't mean that sometimes he doesn't hate it.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2344 on: June 26, 2020, 09:52:36 AM »

CG once said, that a male crown prince would have it much easier. We all considered this very misogynistic (and I am still convinced he is a slime ball), but perhaps he had a point.
If you look at most male consorts, they had a very difficult time, much harder than the female consorts.
The idea that a woman can be the leading role with her husband as a supporting actor is fairly new and has not sunk in very deeply in our modern western educated societies.
Women, esp. royal women are expected to be totally involved with the care of children (not necessarily their own), charities for the elderly and vulnerable and of course a bit of the beautifying arts. Men who seem to enjoy that are easily called a tussy.
And the down playing of their education and career is proof of that.
Dan, the personal trainer compared to ...the successful lawyer from down under, the Hollywood a-list actress, the NY based financial expert, the former model and philanthropist (only exception is a royal lady who has had a bad media and is still only referred to as the former TV announcer)
They downplay his english, but if someone else simply says "hi" in a foreign language, the press fawns over their linguistic abilities.
In any case, I think he knew what he would be in for, but that doesn't mean that sometimes he doesn't hate it.

In that regard I had great respect for Claus, who went for love. That man had so much to offer, so many passions, interests, etc. He gave up a lot for his wife, whom he loved. And also at a time when Dutch people were negative etc. towards Germans (WW II, etc.).
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2345 on: June 26, 2020, 10:36:29 AM »

The problem is that the royal world is not a progressive world - not much has changed. Royal consorts always had problems (see Prince Philip, Albert (Victoria), Claus, ...)

Objectively - CG is not a great representant - he looks grumpy most of the time and he has problems connecting to people. The only thing he got right was marrying a beautiful and interesting woman who sometimes overdoes it a bit with that "classy" thing and out of fear to be regarded too common always seems to be a bit stuck up.

Victoria and Dan are both not very clever people - but their job is representation, not making any clever deals, so they are warm, outgoing, able to connect to people and kind of modern (even though I will never get why Victoria with her perfect shape dresses in those awful frocks).
They are really well suited for their job and IMO are doing a better job than CG.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: