Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Rania challenges the Western perception of Islam and Arab women  (Read 2776 times)
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2007, 09:15:10 PM »

a very interesting keynote speech by Queen Rania in Talberg, Sweden

http://www.petra.gov.jo/n...ras/2007/Jun/28/12000.htm

Yes. Interesting indeed. OK - maybe I should not say this, but I am going to do it anyway. I adore Rania. She is elegance personified. I love her looks, her clothes, her style, and I admire her dedication to various charity causes. Plus I really believe that her active role is a wonderful example for modern Arab women.

But I dislike that line she took in her speech! And I am a bit tired of this "Islam is peace, not terrorism". ALL religions are basically good, they share many good priciples and encourage us to live well. But: I would not be too surprised if I'd find out that these latest London terrorist-acts were done by CERTAIN people from CERTAIN ethnic and religious backround. (And no - I do not think that the guilty ones will be Norwegians of Lutheran backround!)

Muslim communities are in trouble, and I don't see that West is the problem here. Problems they have concerning equality of sexes are something they need to deal by themselves. It is up to them (not up to us) to solve this serious problem. Rania is privileged, her life cannot be compared to those many oppressed Muslim women in the world. And terrorism is something they need to condemn more strongly. Most people know that it is just some extremists doing harm, but still...

I have no problem admitting that well educated, privileged Muslim women are equal with men. This is not where the real problem is.

I wonder how many "honour killings" happened today in Jordan?
You know I still remember the sound of the IRA bomb going off in my home city. It was barely ten years ago when CERTAIN people from a CERTAIN country were behind all the terrorist actions we Brits had to worry about.

Did we call for condemnation from the Irish community? No. Did we expect all from N.Ireland to make a stand? No. We accepted where the problem was coming from and dealt with that small section accordingly.

The fact that people are unwilling to deal with this problem rationally is the problem.

Agree, fascism comes in many forms. Anyone can become a radical. But for whatever reason, people are a lot more scared of radical Islamic groups than they ever were of the IRA. The IRA had a face, this is a faceless enemy...
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2007, 03:45:14 AM »

My opinion ONLY..........when the "bad" guys do harm give them an 8 or 9 digit number, NO names or organizations.  NO NO NO NO media coverage except an 8 or 9 digit number that no one could remember.  See how fast they would fall without the almighty media coverage.  I blame 80% on the Media.  These and I quote "people" need and want the coverage.  Without Media coverage they would (not all) would go bye-bye. 
The world will always have evil...............lets just not help them. 
If some of you don't feel the way I do thats okay......................but at least think on it.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2007, 11:29:21 AM »

Yes. Interesting indeed. OK - maybe I should not say this, but I am going to do it anyway. I adore Rania. She is elegance personified. I love her looks, her clothes, her style, and I admire her dedication to various charity causes. Plus I really believe that her active role is a wonderful example for modern Arab women.

But I dislike that line she took in her speech! And I am a bit tired of this "Islam is peace, not terrorism". ALL religions are basically good, they share many good priciples and encourage us to live well. But: I would not be too surprised if I'd find out that these latest London terrorist-acts were done by CERTAIN people from CERTAIN ethnic and religious backround. (And no - I do not think that the guilty ones will be Norwegians of Lutheran backround!)

Muslim communities are in trouble, and I don't see that West is the problem here. Problems they have concerning equality of sexes are something they need to deal by themselves. It is up to them (not up to us) to solve this serious problem. Rania is privileged, her life cannot be compared to those many oppressed Muslim women in the world. And terrorism is something they need to condemn more strongly. Most people know that it is just some extremists doing harm, but still...

I have no problem admitting that well educated, privileged Muslim women are equal with men. This is not where the real problem is.

You know I still remember the sound of the IRA bomb going off in my home city. It was barely ten years ago when CERTAIN people from a CERTAIN country were behind all the terrorist actions we Brits had to worry about.

Did we call for condemnation from the Irish community? No. Did we expect all from N.Ireland to make a stand? No. We accepted where the problem was coming from and dealt with that small section accordingly.

The fact that people are unwilling to deal with this problem rationally is the problem.

Agree, fascism comes in many forms. Anyone can become a radical. But for whatever reason, people are a lot more scared of radical Islamic groups than they ever were of the IRA. The IRA had a face, this is a faceless enemy...
The IRA were just as "faceless" or are you suggesting they wore nametags?

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
lupina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2007, 12:37:20 PM »

The IRA were just as "faceless" or are you suggesting they wore nametags?

Yes, but didn't they keep the carnage inside the boundaries of UK?......not that it makes it acceptable, on the contrary, but indiscriminate global targets are very difficult to understand, and maybe that is what was meant?

lupina

Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind - Dr Seuss

The other RD - http://richarddawkins.net/
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2007, 01:59:10 PM »

They kept their own violence within the UK, however they were known for exporting their techniques to other groups such as FARC in Columbia and allegedly Palestinian groups.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2007, 02:11:10 PM »

I guess all of you are correct, as an individual you just feel helpless to understand.  Now we have medical doctors involved ... they work so very hard to become Doctors to save people, and then they do the opposite.  Logic doesn't work when thinking about these groups
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: