Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Billed Bladet #25: The Swedish Royal Wedding 19 June 2010  (Read 7508 times)
Cece

Ginormous Member

presque-zizi

Ignore
« on: June 27, 2010, 05:38:04 AM »

Yay! The big wedding issue is here. I've only scanned a part of it because it is HUGE. Yay. Most of it we've seen but there are a few new photo perspectives that give a fresh angle. There is a lot of Vickie love and occasional nods to the bonds between the Swedens and Denmarks via MorMor Ingrid. Take that, Mary! BB does its usual Mary is one of the best dressed, but my overall impression of this issue is that even BB's editors couldn't lie on thissie. I'll post what I've scanned now and hit you later with the rest. Enjoy!
Cece

Ginormous Member

presque-zizi

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 05:39:20 AM »

The world's happiest Victoria!
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 05:41:50 AM »

Rubbing hands in glee and anticipation! Bring on Bride-Ultima Vickan!

And a moment's compassion for poor Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark ...

Thanks Cece!   
Cece

Ginormous Member

presque-zizi

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 05:42:14 AM »

A moment of silence for Frex...all done! More Vickie, please!

Nice angle in the church. Beautiful flowers! And a better understanding of the location of the choir and orchestra vis-a-vis the altar since the shots on tv were broken up.
Cece

Ginormous Member

presque-zizi

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 05:53:22 AM »

The 1858 veil is the same one that Mama wore and - wait for it - the tiny sprig of myrtle that was tucked into the back of the tiara is from Sofiero and a tradition handed down from Crown Princess Margarethe, the mother of Derf's MorMor Ingrid! Sofiero is the estate on the coast near Denmark where the royal mob gathered under blue umbrellas and Mary was completely on the outs. Yay, Vicks! Underscore those generational alliances with Freddles!

The bridal bouquet included flowers from all over Sweden including the area where Daniel was born, Ockelbo.

The tiara's cameos depict Amore and Psyche who symbolise love. The tiara was given to Empress Josephine from Napoleon in 1809. She wore it with the matching earrings and bracelet.

"Mary's dressmaker" Jesper HÝvring (the Danish designer who designs more for Marie) and says that Victoria's dress has world class tailoring and the fabric is in a class by itself. I guess it is a good thing that BB didn't try to get Uffe Frank's opinion - he would put Victoria's dress down in favour of Mary's and no one could believe that lie in side by side photos!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 06:00:58 AM by Cece » Logged
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 06:01:52 AM »

Yes - THAT is the deportment of a royal bride!
Cece

Ginormous Member

presque-zizi

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 06:04:26 AM »

Indeed, Hester! No kisses or stomach exams for show in this Lutheran cathedral! And Vicky didn't wipe her nose with her hands, either!

The six best dresses of the weekend. I like very much the ones they chose - hard to pick a real clear cut winner besides Victoria - but the one of Mary's is a JOKE. It looks like she took granny's smoke stained lace curtains out of Papa Slurpppppson's Sandy Bay rent house, shipped them to Denmark in a mouldy box, then put it on without bothering to clean or iron them. BB knows that sister didn't look good, there is no doubt if they call this 'trendy'!
Cece

Ginormous Member

presque-zizi

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 06:10:21 AM »

Bits and pieces. Note that Nikolaos and Tat are next. Kisses from little sister Madde (brava, Madeleine!). Pretty smile in the rain - Mary would have smirked and sulked! ANOTHER  Banana reference to Fred's MorMor Ingrid to dig into the side of MoreMore Mary (maybe Daisy has spoken to the editor of BB about the new PR initiative). The darlings royal bridal maidens (no demon seed).
Cece

Ginormous Member

presque-zizi

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 06:15:06 AM »

Daniel's wonderful speech. "The greatest of these is love. I love you, Victoria." 
Cece

Ginormous Member

presque-zizi

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 06:17:32 AM »

Different angle on the dinner guests. That was one well-coordinated effort. Loads of footmen all holding their champagne bottles the same way, ready to fill. Well done!
Cece

Ginormous Member

presque-zizi

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 06:21:58 AM »

The ride on the royal barge around Skeppsholmen and Kastellholmem (two islands between the royal palace and Djurgaarden - see map in BB #24) was so beautiful and reinforced Stockholm's reputation as the Venice of the North.
Cece

Ginormous Member

presque-zizi

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 06:28:11 AM »

BB found a safe photo of Mary to use - one in which she appears to be crying, but it illustrates that she actually is just faking it. Those eyes are dry and not red! What is Mary's phobia with hankies? She wiped snot out of her nose with her bare hands and onto Xian's historic christening dress. Maxima and MM each have hankies or tissue - and have pulled them out of their purses, so they anticipated tears of joy! Mary doesn't think, plan or care.
Cece

Ginormous Member

presque-zizi

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 06:32:23 AM »

Yay, Madeleine! You came, you were really genuinely happy, you stepped up into princess standards of composure and you looked great. Kudos! Thumb up Now go sink your teeth into that hockey player's puck.  Secret
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 06:43:31 AM »

Thanks Cece! Star 

Vikkan's dress was gorgeous and it would have been laughable if they put in a side by side comparison with Mary's dress. 

I was also wondering what the green thing was in her hair.  I'm glad that they had the details. 
royal observer

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 07:00:30 AM »

Indeed, Hester! No kisses or stomach exams for show in this Lutheran cathedral! And Vicky didn't wipe her nose with her hands, either!

The six best dresses of the weekend. I like very much the ones they chose - hard to pick a real clear cut winner besides Victoria - but the one of Mary's is a JOKE. It looks like she took granny's smoke stained lace curtains out of Papa Slurpppppson's Sandy Bay rent house, shipped them to Denmark in a mouldy box, then put it on without bothering to clean or iron them. BB knows that sister didn't look good, there is no doubt if they call this 'trendy'!

Of all the Queens at the wedding, I though Sofia looked the best. The white dress Mary wore on to the private dinner at Drottningholm was actually her best dress of the three days but even though it appeared on all the Swedish papers blaring it as "Mary's showstopper", it didn't appear to have caught the attention of the magazines. I also love Elena's matador outfit - it fit perfectly and I like the drama of it all. The best of all was Victoria's beaded dress she wore to the  concedrt. Sensational!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: