Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Norwegian Royal News  (Read 706242 times)
Larzen

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2970 on: March 22, 2021, 11:24:51 AM »

The funeral is today from Asker church. The King, Queen , CP couple, Princess Märtha and Princess Astrid attend.

Only 30 invited guests. His son Haakon and Family who lives in Brazil could not travel to the funeral.
the brazillian ambassador to Norway could also not come because he is in quarantine.
The service is broadcast so that Family and workers at his Company in Brazil can watch.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 12:41:49 PM by Larzen » Logged
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #2971 on: March 22, 2021, 03:21:40 PM »

Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2972 on: April 05, 2021, 02:42:43 PM »

Not sure if this is the best thread but...Atlantic Crossing is now on PBS.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/.../shows/atlantic-crossing/

A princess steals the heart of the president of the United States in an epic drama based on the World War II relationship of Franklin Roosevelt and Norwegian Crown Princess Martha. Kyle MacLachlan (Twin Peaks, Sex and the City) stars as Roosevelt, opposite Swedish star Sofia Helin (The Bridge) as the beautiful Martha, who flees the Nazis with her three young children and lives under Roosevelt’s protection. The eight-part series co-stars Tobias Santelmann as Crown Prince Olav and Harriet Sansom Harris as First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt.

I haven't watched it yet but I did want to let you all know.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #2973 on: April 05, 2021, 08:11:23 PM »

I'm glad you posted about this, OC. I did watch it last night and was very interested. I'd like to know from those with more knowledge about the events as to how accurate the production is. I was mostly struck by how strongly the actor portraying Olav resembled him - it was almost spooky.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #2974 on: April 05, 2021, 09:45:39 PM »

Erling Lorentzen was not impressed by it: https://royalcentral.co.u...-of-royal-history-153264/

lilyrose

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2975 on: April 06, 2021, 03:19:04 AM »

I'm glad you posted about this, OC. I did watch it last night and was very interested. I'd like to know from those with more knowledge about the events as to how accurate the production is. I was mostly struck by how strongly the actor portraying Olav resembled him - it was almost spooky.

What I loved is how they portrayed the family speaking to one another--Martha mostly speaks Swedish, Olav speaks Norwegian and Haakon speaks Danish, and the children mostly Norwegian but the subtitles sometimes have them speaking a little Danish or Swedish too. Haakon even calls Harald "Hajan" which was apparently his childhood nickname. I've read the show does take a lot of artistic license but I liked that the director kept this accuracy in!

Haakon also seems like he was a really fun grandfather and a loving father. And I agree, the actor playing Olav looks scarily identical to the real Olav. Haakon's actor as well. Very good casting there!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 03:25:53 AM by lilyrose » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: