Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 116   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Martha Louise  (Read 350366 times)
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1605 on: October 24, 2020, 10:07:24 AM »

I think the older the "spares" get the more they loose track of how "real people" live. They have a relative careless life (finances are provided, interesting network) and most of them lack a real purpose in life. So they totally overestimate themselves and their importance. Sadly, that is the case here.

I don't think the heirs or the spares have any idea about normal life or what to do with themselves. I also think most of them married people unsuited to be a consort. These women (mostly) see the money and fame.

Charles of UK is the oldest heir - as he did not marry until into his 30's his brother had to "be on hand" in case needed. To give him his due Charles has forged a path in the environmental and disadvantaged spaces long before it was "woke". Had he married earlier and had his own heir then Randy Andy could have been cut loose to do his own thing away from the spotlight. I think Camilla has the right approach as a supporter and not a "Lead".

Moving onto Europe - well -

Sweden - Bitter old Carl G probably has never got over the fact that his son won't follow him ..... but Vic's brother still gets a higher profile than he should - no need for him as there are 2 heirs in front of him. Apparently he would be incapable of any independent achievement. At least Maddie got out of Sweden and has her own life. Daniel appears to have the routine in hand. Not pushy.

Norway - ML is another one who is irrelevant - she and her brother had children around the same time. At that point she should have dropped out of view and lived a private life .... mixed with the same rich strata of society and just showed up at family occasions and a few official ones. MM on the other hand is a but too low key.

Denmark - hmmmm - Jokke married much earlier that Fred so he was "parked" just in case. With no Crown Princess Alex was doing the meet and greet and photo ops. Once Christian was born Jokke and family were surplus to requirements. His second family should never have been wheeled out on the circuit.

Lux - well Henri married young and had children quickly so his siblings were not needed - they seem to have forged their own lives and careers. The family has mega bucks and some of Henri's siblings married into mega money - his sister into Lichtenstein RF and brother who married into the Weiller family. Felix was spare until this year but he also married into a lot of money and got out of the country. MT is "hell on wheels" - no wonder Claire chose to live elsewhere. With baby Charles here now they dodged a bullet.

Netherlands - well they at least seemed to have the sense to prepare the younger brothers to not "be royal" - part of the family but not The Court. The younger sons and families would never need to earn a $ due to the ill gotten gains from previous generations but were well educated and did their own thing - or so it seems. They kept a low profile. As to the current generation - well Max and Wax don't seem to be following in that path - just look at their ill considered actions over many years. Their first two daughters look likely to take "entitlement" to the next level.

Spain - I really don't know - JC and Sofia - just a big NO WAY - Felipe seems well adjusted but his sisters ? Very strange - at least they are either out or way in background now. This is one RF who has to walk a shaky path as they could be dumped again. Will be interesting to see what happens with his younger daughter - I suspect he has learned from the mistakes of his parents and she will be well prepared for her adulthood.

My last observation - these families need to assist their not heirs into a life without the public purse paying for them - education and the rest will happen - there will be plenty of organisations who will put them on the payroll so long as they have the ability - and it they don't then family money can smooth their way into private life.

And as for Titles - nope - if your parent is a HM then the oldest is HRH the rest - no - Prince or Princess but unable to pass that down to the next generation.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 10:12:54 AM by Princess MS » Logged
LadyBunion

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1606 on: October 24, 2020, 10:14:36 AM »

I think the  "ex spare" has another role in life - several of them are the only person that can genuinely treat the monarch like a human being and has known then since the year dot. They could be good counsel and also take them down a peg or two.

I think Margriet of the Netherland is one, Benedikte another. In the future Leonor, Ingrid, Estelle etc may be very grateful for their siblings even if they do seem to be having a more interesting life
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #1607 on: October 24, 2020, 10:48:25 AM »

This is going way O/T. Topic here is Märtha Louise, not how various European monarchies are working. That discussion belongs somewhere else, feel free to open a thread on the topic.

Back to ML.
katymc2

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1608 on: October 24, 2020, 12:09:48 PM »

He is half Norwegian? Really or is that a lie to support his attack on ML's inheritance?

He has claimed to have Norwegian ancestry on his mother's side, but as far as I know that has never been verified. His parents and all four of his grandparents were born in the US, and none of them had Norwegian names.

Maybe he does or maybe he is twisted the idea that all Europeans are related to Vikings and somehow turned into him being half norwegian (he may have an European ancestor somewhere) At the very least his maths is way off! Tbh pretty sure, he would claim to be anything or anyone
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #1609 on: October 24, 2020, 12:31:32 PM »

He is half Norwegian? Really or is that a lie to support his attack on ML's inheritance?

He has claimed to have Norwegian ancestry on his mother's side, but as far as I know that has never been verified. His parents and all four of his grandparents were born in the US, and none of them had Norwegian names.

Maybe he does or maybe he is twisted the idea that all Europeans are related to Vikings and somehow turned into him being half norwegian (he may have an European ancestor somewhere) At the very least his maths is way off! Tbh pretty sure, he would claim to be anything or anyone

Or perhaps he meant that he was Norwegian in a past life, just like he once claimed he was an Egyptian pharaoh and ML his queen  Laugh bounce

https://www.dailymail.co....-say-lived-past-life.html
Pomme

Gigantic Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #1610 on: October 24, 2020, 01:54:27 PM »

Silly old me, thinking that these love birds were whispering their sweet nothings in Norwegian...

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Queen’s Tea

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1611 on: October 24, 2020, 02:16:06 PM »

I didn’t watch whatever it was but is he really claiming Norwegian heritage?  Sounds like a PR ploy to make people accept him.  Which is weird because I don’t think they object to his heritage.  It’s that he’s so strange with his beliefs/work (if you can call what he does “work”). 

I get a player vibe from him.  Like he’s in it to take advantage of her position. 

Or am I completely off the mark here?
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1612 on: October 26, 2020, 02:13:40 PM »

According to some info:

"...His dad was from Haiti and Durek's mom is of Norwegian-Indian legacy...."

Legacy is a broad description, his mother could have been half Indian/half Norwegian.....or all Indian with a tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny etc. drop of Scandinavian blood (and for PR they assumed it to be Norwegian) Smiley
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1613 on: October 26, 2020, 02:51:49 PM »

According to some info:

Legacy is a broad description, his mother could have been half Indian/half Norwegian.....or all Indian with a tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny etc. drop of Scandinavian blood (and for PR they assumed it to be Norwegian) Smiley

“Legacy” is the type of non-answer answer that I would expect from him. Regardless, I’m not buying it. It sounds like something he made up to ingratiate himself with the family.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1614 on: October 26, 2020, 03:01:32 PM »

According to some info:

“Legacy” is the type of non-answer answer that I would expect from him. Regardless, I’m not buying it. It sounds like something he made up to ingratiate himself with the family.

The same feeling over here....
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #1615 on: October 26, 2020, 05:32:28 PM »

I guess Vahalala awaits for me with my .08% Scandinavian heritage!

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1616 on: October 26, 2020, 05:34:07 PM »

Well sure, but only if you die in battle.  Scream loudly too and you could come back as a Valkyrie. Or a berserker. One of those.
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #1617 on: October 26, 2020, 05:46:43 PM »

Well sure, but only if you die in battle.  Scream loudly too and you could come back as a Valkyrie. Or a berserker. One of those.
Jon Snow screamed loudly but it had no effect to the Dragon of Ice  Tongue

anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1618 on: October 26, 2020, 07:16:28 PM »

Jon Snow screamed loudly but it had no effect to the Dragon of Ice  Tongue

He had the bad fortune not to die, which is a prerequisite. And unlike the Shaman, he may not be 3/57th Norwegian.
Renee

Micro Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1619 on: October 27, 2020, 06:40:17 AM »

My apologies if this isn't allowed or has already been posted, but did anyone see this article earlier this year? I did search but I couldn't find mention of it:
https://www.harpersbazaar...altrow-treatment-results/
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 116   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: