Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 125   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Martha Louise  (Read 411006 times)
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1770 on: December 12, 2020, 07:34:53 PM »

I'm really surprised by this. I thought that house was a present from her grandfather.  Why would it be mortgaged?  And now, how is she going to support her children?  Move in with her parents?  I know so much is free in Norway --education, medical care, potentially housing...  But for a princess?  Wow.

If the money's gone, we may see the shaman gone sooner than we think.

One can only hope.

Please please please!

So she sold her house and did those ridiculous shows with him and still has nothing. Has in fact used up an additional 2 Million NOK in a year?

Or maybe the spirits he hears are her parents telling him they won't give their blessing (for once) on an engagement that's less than a year after her ex died, leaving her a single mother. Can't imagine that would endear them to the public much either and they seem to want some approval and a chance to earn a lot more cash with this "Martha" reality TV series.

Propping up the Shaman must be expensive.

I was wondering what happened to the money from “The Princess and the Shaman” grift tour?
AutumnOpal

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1771 on: December 12, 2020, 07:37:12 PM »

I’m glad Maud’s bravery is getting credited. Good for her!!

I’m also majorly annoyed that ML is doing that whole “I’m a cool mom” thing on the pictures.

Yes it seems very unnecessary and rather attention-grabbing for ML to be in these photos
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #1772 on: December 12, 2020, 08:16:53 PM »

I’m also majorly annoyed that ML is doing that whole “I’m a cool mom” thing on the pictures.

YES!! to both things!
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1773 on: December 12, 2020, 11:37:11 PM »

Every photo with ML in it is all about posing, Maud is just a prop. Disgusting woman. Her daughter(s) deserves better.
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1774 on: December 13, 2020, 01:07:44 AM »

The article was posted on-line a few weeks ago, so yeah, we noticed that BS about the NDAs and the "engagement."  What a s**t-show!

Oh dear that is a red flag to me. He might very well be gaslighting her if she takes the time to explain sarcasm and he pretends not to understand. I mean at the end of the day this charlatan was born in Oakland and raised like a regular kid in American society even if he felt different from others. At best this is passive aggression.

I don't know if anyone is interested, but I received my latest issue of Vanity Fair magazine in the mail on Monday and there's an interview with the shaman and Martha Louise in it. It was creepy, to say the least, both because I find him to be just hella suspicious and because he went on and on about the supposed deep psychic connection they share, such that every time he's wanted to propose, the "spirits" have told her about his plan and he's had to reschedule it. And the fact that participants in the sessions that he holds have to sign an agreement acknowledging that some of his "healing" may involve touching/manipulating their genitalia. If that doesn't send up red flags, nothing does. He is a creepy and manipulative charlatan.  Nerves
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1775 on: December 13, 2020, 01:55:04 AM »

YES!! to both things!

Yes add me to both thoughts too I mean really. Maud is a very cute young woman and full of strength of character. She is at that very precious age between being a child and being an adult I wish her well in her life. It seems like she is handling her father's loss well. Now how is she handling mom's new life and nutso boyfriend?
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1776 on: December 13, 2020, 02:26:36 AM »

Star for that comment! That was my first thought too. Why is ML even there in the photo? The topic and attention is Maud, and pictures should reflect that.

It's not as though ML has done an awful job of commemorating and honouring her late ex-husband in the last year or so (heavy sarcasm here).

For ML to try and gain publicity for her daughter's strength and courage is disgusting and speaks volumes about her approach to motherhood. Was she this selfish before she met the Durex? I honestly don't know as I didn't follow the NRF much back then.
Athena

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1777 on: December 13, 2020, 08:00:15 AM »

Every photo with ML in it is all about posing, Maud is just a prop. Disgusting woman. Her daughter(s) deserves better.

ML made herself look ridiculous with that silly pose.
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1778 on: December 13, 2020, 11:33:10 AM »

ML looks as if she's trying to be the "cool mom." 

Did you notice the photo credit of Maud lists Leah as having done her make-up?  She did a great job.
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1779 on: December 13, 2020, 12:17:29 PM »

ML looks as if she's trying to be the "cool mom." 

Did you notice the photo credit of Maud lists Leah as having done her make-up?  She did a great job.

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #1780 on: December 16, 2020, 07:31:50 PM »

https://www.insider.com/p...an-monarchy-queen-2020-12

Princess Märtha Louise says she was a problem from the moment she was born because females couldn't inherit the throne

Norway's Princess Märtha Louise is the eldest child of King Harald and Queen Sonja, and yet she is fourth in the line of succession. At the time of the princess' birth in 1971, only males were able to inherit the throne — which, according to Märtha Louise, made her a problem from the moment she was born. Märtha Louise spoke to Insider about sexism within the royal family, and how she was once given the opportunity to be queen — but didn't accept the offer.

"So the first thing that happened when I was born was basically 'Oh my god, it's a girl. What do we do?' I was basically a problem from when I was born, which I didn't know about. My mom and dad always wanted a girl, so I never felt that I was undermined because I'm a girl within my family," Märtha Louise told Insider.

In 1973 the princess' brother, Haakon, Crown Prince of Norway was born. Haakon became heir to the throne when King Harald was crowned 1991. The prince's children, Princess Ingrid Alexandra and Prince Sverre Magnus, have also overtaken Märtha Louise at second and third in line respectively. However, when Märtha Louise was a teenager, discussions took place over whether the royal household should change its rules on the line of succession. The young princess was asked whether she wanted to be queen, something that she had never considered before.

"I was totally happy growing up, I wasn't jealous at all," she said. "But when I was 15, the Prime Minister at the time was a woman, and she suddenly came up with the idea that this was wrong. I remember she came home to us, with granddad [King Olav V], and we had a discussion about whether we should change the whole system and I should be queen."

"They said, 'What do you want, Märtha?' And I'm like, 'I'm 15, I don't know about these things,'" she added.

The princess didn't feel that she would be able to make such a big decision about her future at that age, so it was ultimately decided that her brother would keep his place in line to the throne.

"For me, I was like, 'Phew.' It is a lot of pressure, and it really is a life that you need to choose and be committed to 100%. So I'm very happy that my brother is next in line, and he's doing an amazing job. He's focused on all the right things," Märtha Louise said.

The princess has carved a life for herself without royal duties since 2002, when she denounced her HRH title in order to work as a private citizen. With her boyfriend, Durek Verrett, the royal embarked on a spirituality tour last year, titled The Princess and the Shaman. She also has her own TV documentary in the works, although production is currently halted due to the pandemic.

The Norwegian royal family has come a long way in its battle for gender equality

Norway eventually changed its rules surrounding the line of succession so that those born after 1990 would succeed the throne regardless of gender. Nonetheless, even the princess knows that queens aren't immune to gender inequality in the royal household. Märtha Louise said her mother, the Queen consort of Norway, faced sexism from within the royal palace when she started dating King Harald.

"We have a long way to go for equal rights for women. I've seen my mom struggle, because when she came into the palace they had to wait nine years to get married because she wasn't aristocracy or from any royal background," Märtha Louise said.

The princess added that when her mother arrived, the palace was "a military driven organization where the women had been gone for many years."

According to Märtha Louise, Queen Sonja — then known as Sonja Haraldsen — wasn't allowed to have her own office, and palace officials questioned her request to have her own staff.

"She wasn't even accepted in the building," Märtha Louise said.

Sonja was made Queen consort of Norway after Märtha Louise's father became King in 1991. Ever since then, the Queen has been fighting for equality in the palace. According to Märtha Louise, at least 50% of palace staff are now women, "thanks to my mother."

"Watching her fight for equality, and how she managed with little wins there, little losses there, and my father supporting her, seeing her persisting for such a long time that it paid off in the end — I learned so much from her," the princess said. "And I think this whole, me being a problem when I was born, also sparked an understanding in me in how this world works."

"It's this subconscious thing within us — we still expect the head CEO to be a man, or the doctor or surgeon is a man and not the woman," she added. "We have tried to be the same for a long time now, and women have overcompensated to be in the men's world. And I think it's swinging back now, to where women can be women and it's respected."
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1781 on: December 17, 2020, 12:19:00 AM »

I don't understand this part at all:

"So the first thing that happened when I was born was basically 'Oh my god, it's a girl. What do we do?' I was basically a problem from when I was born, which I didn't know about. My mom and dad always wanted a girl, so I never felt that I was undermined because I'm a girl within my family," Märtha Louise told Insider.

Completely contradictory.  I don't know if we can put it down to language, since I gather the interview was in English. 
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1782 on: December 17, 2020, 03:04:13 AM »

I have a feeling the "problem" in her being born a girl was that the laws at the time forbade women from inheriting the throne, and so the government/state would gave preferred a boy to ensure succession and avoid the problem of no male heir. I imagine Harald and Sonja were perfectly happy that they had a daughter, but perhaps realised a potential issue with succession, I.e. the official side of the family rather than the familial aspect. Then the issue of what role ML would take in adulthood may have been in their minds too. We've all seen how the spare child can have a problematic adulthood and difficulty in finding their role. From the interview I got the impression that ML is trying to say that she was accepted within her family, but perhaps not by the government/state and when asked about the issue of a change in constitution which would see her become Queen one day, she was still a child and naive of the adult world and its implications.

But that's just my interpretation, I could be completely wrong!! It is a very confusing interview. She seems protective of her parents (which we can understand why) but dismissive of the entire society/world in which she grew up in, a world which paid for her every whim.

Either way, going after government or even her own parents/court can potentially be a very slippery slope. I'm not sure what language the interview was conducted in, but you would think it would have been edited to make much more sense!
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1783 on: December 17, 2020, 03:30:59 AM »

I have a feeling the "problem" in her being born a girl was that the laws at the time forbade women from inheriting the throne, and so the government/state would gave preferred a boy to ensure succession and avoid the problem of no male heir. I imagine Harald and Sonja were perfectly happy that they had a daughter, but perhaps realised a potential issue with succession, I.e. the official side of the family rather than the familial aspect. Then the issue of what role ML would take in adulthood may have been in their minds too. We've all seen how the spare child can have a problematic adulthood and difficulty in finding their role. From the interview I got the impression that ML is trying to say that she was accepted within her family, but perhaps not by the government/state and when asked about the issue of a change in constitution which would see her become Queen one day, she was still a child and naive of the adult world and its implications.

But that's just my interpretation, I could be completely wrong!! It is a very confusing interview. She seems protective of her parents (which we can understand why) but dismissive of the entire society/world in which she grew up in, a world which paid for her every whim.

Either way, going after government or even her own parents/court can potentially be a very slippery slope. I'm not sure what language the interview was conducted in, but you would think it would have been edited to make much more sense!

I don’t agree with male preference primogeniture at all, but in this case it was a saving grace. She is unfit in every way.
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1784 on: December 17, 2020, 08:15:39 AM »

Did Gro Harlem Brundtland actually ask the princess if the succession laws should be changed retroactively?? Like it would have happened if ML had said yes?  Crazy Secret

Her English is perfect. I doubt there was a language issue in the interview.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 125   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: