Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Martha Louise  (Read 89012 times)
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: September 17, 2014, 09:09:35 PM »

IRRC Sverre Magnus only has the H.H. title, whilst IA - as heir - of course is styled H.R.H.

In the news today: "The king should stop Märtha".

https://translate.google....3295954%2F&edit-text=

(through Google Translate)

So this article says she assisted at a seance with some celebrity psychic. wow. just wow.

Is Martha-Louise the worst royal sibling currently living? I can't think of anyone else who shows less judgment. But I could be wrong. Thoughts?

no, IMO there are few who are worse (prince Jean of Lux, CP, William, Christina). ML is just crazy.
Artemis-Exe

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: September 17, 2014, 09:38:03 PM »

Oh yeah I'd forgotten about CP and his lovely bride. re: Cristina I feel like we should not judge her until she has been convicted of a crime.
waterbuck

Mini Member

Norway Norway

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: September 22, 2014, 03:10:02 PM »

Happy birthday, Märtha!  Champagne

Looks like the Norwegian press is ignoring you today, but at least Hello magazine made a piece.

http://www.hellomagazine....se-norway-birthday-facts/
royalfamily

Muted
Medium Member

Portugal Portugal

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: July 14, 2015, 05:02:56 PM »

http://www.dagen.no/Nyhet...es-prinsessetittel-222771

Split views on Märtha Louise Princess title
Monday 13 July 2015, at. 10:20 Updated: Monday 13 July 2015, at. 10:20

NTB

News people are divided over whether the princess Märtha Louise should give up princess title or not, a new study shows.

33 percent of respondents believe that she should retain princess title, while 32 percent believe that she should say it away, according to the survey, conducted by Ipsos MMI on behalf of Dagbladet.

Another 35 percent say they have no opinion about the princess should tell the title or not.

That's according to the survey mostly men, people aged over 60 and people with high education and income are most likely to wish that she relinquishes his title. The greatest support among Princess Martha Louise in central Norway, where a majority want her to retain the title.

- With so many negative issues that have been around Märtha Louise recent years, I do not think this is unexpected. I can understand that one third of the population has diminished confidence in her after all the books, statements and appearances in her controversial contexts, says the Swedish kongehuseksperten Johan T. Lindwall in the newspaper Expressen to Dagbladet.

my forum: crownroyals.proboards.com - active members only
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: July 15, 2015, 06:19:08 PM »

Once they consider this, they could also take the title of MM. She has basically done nothing in the past decade to deserve it.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: July 16, 2015, 07:11:24 PM »

Once they consider this, they could also take the title of MM. She has basically done nothing in the past decade to deserve it.
Grin
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: July 17, 2015, 11:53:45 AM »

WTH does Lindvall comment on this?

He was the one going completely over the moon for Carl Syphilis and Snakey.
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: July 17, 2015, 12:09:47 PM »

Star  Champagne I completely agree!!

Molly2101

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: July 17, 2015, 05:06:32 PM »

Why do they want her to remove her Princess style?  Didn't she have her HRH style renounced and now she is Her Highness (as is Prince Sverre?)

If they want to remove her Princess style then technically Sverre's Princely style should be removed as he is in the same position as Martha Louise - second child of a Monarch (which Sverre WILL be eventually.)

I also don't understand what this means:
Titles and styles:
22 September 1971 – 2002: Her Royal Highness Princess Märtha Louise of Norway
Since 2002: Her Highness Princess Märtha Louise of Norway
This style is used when she is not in Norway. In Norway, the style "Highness" is not used.

So in Norway she isn't even a Princess?  Eh?

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
Roman Patrician

Mini Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: July 18, 2015, 05:19:09 AM »

Why do they want her to remove her Princess style?  Didn't she have her HRH style renounced and now she is Her Highness (as is Prince Sverre?)

If they want to remove her Princess style then technically Sverre's Princely style should be removed as he is in the same position as Martha Louise - second child of a Monarch (which Sverre WILL be eventually.)

I also don't understand what this means:
Titles and styles:
22 September 1971 – 2002: Her Royal Highness Princess Märtha Louise of Norway
Since 2002: Her Highness Princess Märtha Louise of Norway
This style is used when she is not in Norway. In Norway, the style "Highness" is not used.

So in Norway she isn't even a Princess?  Eh?

I think it means she's just "prinsesse Märtha Louise" in Norway, no style attached to the title. Not sure how she would be addressed the first time around though, like a queen is "Your Majesty" and then "ma'am" afterwards. Maybe just "Ma'am"?
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: July 18, 2015, 05:37:04 AM »

Change in style
In 2002, the King (with Princess Märtha Louise's assent) removed Princess Märtha Louise's style of Her Royal Highness (Hennes Kongelige Høyhet) and instead styled her as Her Highness. Her current title and name after marriage is Princess Märtha Louise (prinsesse Märtha Louise). This was meant to loosen connections between the Royal Family and her business life. She doesn't have any form of address in Norway.

Patronages
On 18 January 2006 Princess Martha Louise (along with the rest of the Norwegian Royal Family) revised her patronage list, and will no longer be a royal patron of any cultural groups including the annual Bjørnson literary festival; her brother Crown Prince Haakon will take over that position. She will only retain six patronage roles, all of them health related. They include the country's foundations for the blind, deaf and those with epilepsy. "With these changes, we want to eliminate possible doubt about role conflicts for the princess." palace spokesman Astrid Versto told newspaper VG.

- The Norwegian Sports Organisation for the Disabled
- The Norwegian Association of the Deaf
- Norway Muscular Dystrophy Association
- The Norwegian Epilepsy Association
- The Norwegian Rheumatism Association
- The Norwegian Association of the Blind and Partially Sighted

EstellesBows

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: July 18, 2015, 12:23:27 PM »

I'm not Norwegian, but I have no real problem with ML keeping the title of Princess. She is the first born child of the King and Queen and while she's a little kooky, she hasn't done anything to warrant the title being taken off her/pressured to relinquish it. She's no Infanta Cristina.

i did not come to play with you hoes, i came to slay bitch.
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: July 18, 2015, 01:47:23 PM »

I agree. IMO, ML is quirky but seems like a nice and harmless person. However, she is a princess by birth and should be allowed to remain a princess. It seems very random to have this debate right now as she hasn't done anything criminal. To me, this comes across as one of the debates where you debate the NOT CP couple because that's too risky, even if those are the ones you ACTUALLY want to debate.

In the big perspective, ML is completely irrelevant monarchywise and should be allowed to continue her largely anonymous life as a daughter of the king but otherwise pretty much private citizen. She's been living like this for years, why would it all of a sudden be a problem now?

Why not discuss MM&H? Those are the ones always missing in action, the ones who ACTUALLY influence the monarchy. But I guess it's safer to debate the sibling to the heir than the heir.

diamond

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: July 18, 2015, 03:17:49 PM »

I'm not Norwegian, but I have no real problem with ML keeping the title of Princess. She is the first born child of the King and Queen and while she's a little kooky, she hasn't done anything to warrant the title being taken off her/pressured to relinquish it. She's no Infanta Cristina.

I totally agree, well said, she seems harmless enough .
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: November 25, 2015, 03:57:40 AM »

November 24
Martha Louise visited the Department of Health and Care Services in Oslo and met with Minister of Health and Care Services Bent H?ie.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: