Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Martha Louise  (Read 593299 times)
chocolate_angel

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2190 on: May 16, 2022, 07:17:01 PM »

ML is jsut a tragic figure... poor family
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2191 on: June 15, 2022, 03:40:56 AM »

June 13
ML participated in the Celebrity trot horseracing in Oslo, Norway.

Gaaawd, poor horse is so exhausted  Real mad hate horse races of any kind.

loveofenglishtradition

Micro Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2192 on: June 23, 2022, 05:40:38 PM »

A couple of days ago I watched a docu on German TV about several european heiresses. Among othesr it was about ML. At the interview she was crying and complaining about that she felt inferior all her life because she was the firstborn and a girl. At that time the rules in Norway were that only a boy could be king. She said that that made her feel so  bad and from thereon she felt inferior because she was "only a woman", not fit to inherit the throne" That was an old interview, but still thats what she said.

That explains to me that she was always difficult. I cannot imagine another royal being devastated about not being the heir. I think she is making up things, a bit like a "drama queen". I am not surprised that she is so in love with the shaman, it fits into  her life, they probably have discovered their "common soul" (being discriminated etc.)
Lucille

Baby Member

Norway Norway

Ignore
« Reply #2193 on: June 23, 2022, 10:37:03 PM »

A couple of days ago I watched a docu on German TV about several european heiresses. Among othesr it was about ML. At the interview she was crying and complaining about that she felt inferior all her life because she was the firstborn and a girl. At that time the rules in Norway were that only a boy could be king. She said that that made her feel so  bad and from thereon she felt inferior because she was "only a woman", not fit to inherit the throne" That was an old interview, but still thats what she said.

That explains to me that she was always difficult. I cannot imagine another royal being devastated about not being the heir. I think she is making up things, a bit like a "drama queen". I am not surprised that she is so in love with the shaman, it fits into  her life, they probably have discovered their "common soul" (being discriminated etc.)

I don't think she said that she is sad that she is not the heir. She said she felt she was a disappointment to the people and the country for being a girl, as girls could not inherit at the time, and that made her sad. If she had wanted to be the heir, I believe she would have been given the chance when the constitution was changed in the early 90s. She has revealed that the prime minister came to Skaugum and asked her opinion on the matter. The amendment to the constitution was (unlike Sweden) made to take effect for future generations, but that wasn't a given. They could have chosen the Swedish solution, and I believe everyone in the royal family was heard on the matter. Which, personally, I don't think they should have been alowed to. It should have been decided by the law makers with no regard to the personal feelings of the royals.

Everytime she has spoken about this subject she has always said that she is relieved she is not the heir. That said, I have sometimes felt that she has not spoken her own opinion, but the opinion of king Olav, as if she had internalized it. Example - when she was interviewed for her 18th birthday, she said that it made sense to her that girls can't inherit, because the monarch is the head of the military, and girls don't do military service. That sounds like an old man's bullshit to me. I am a couple of years older than ML, and I remember thinking at the time that I found her ideas strange and old fashioned.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 10:43:12 PM by Lucille » Logged
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #2194 on: June 23, 2022, 10:58:03 PM »

And more old fashioned than her mother who had then been in the military…but I think she was very unsure of her self in that interview and tried to say what she though was right or what her parents told her to say, who were rather uptight then, especially Sonja. Haakon said in his interview that he made light of just days ago, that his role model was Jesus, and he liked listening to Griegs Peer Gynt suite. 😂🤪None of them come close to beeing such a natural and honest, like Ingrid was in her interview this january.
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #2195 on: June 23, 2022, 10:59:58 PM »

Double post
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2196 on: June 23, 2022, 11:26:09 PM »

I don't think that's entirely fair. I don't blame any woman who is upset that she is not able to rule simply because of her sex. That's incredibly offensive in this day and age and I don't think any woman should be labelled as difficult for standing up for herself.

I do think the shaman is ridiculous, though.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Lucille

Baby Member

Norway Norway

Ignore
« Reply #2197 on: June 24, 2022, 12:07:36 AM »

And more old fashioned than her mother who had then been in the military…but I think she was very unsure of her self in that interview and tried to say what she though was right or what her parents told her to say, who were rather uptight then, especially Sonja. Haakon said in his interview that he made light of just days ago, that his role model was Jesus, and he liked listening to Griegs Peer Gynt suite. 😂🤪None of them come close to beeing such a natural and honest, like Ingrid was in her interview this january.

you're quite right. You could almost hear the adults whisper in their ears what to say. They came across as phony and out of touch with their own generation in those interviews.
periwinkle

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2198 on: June 24, 2022, 12:18:55 AM »

Interesting. Born into a modern and enlightened nation but parroting their elders (as young people do) who were stuck in a much more traditional mindset. It must have been weird for them to be a bridge between those clashing cultures. Seems to have worked out for the subsequent generation.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #2199 on: June 24, 2022, 01:04:33 AM »

I don't think that's entirely fair. I don't blame any woman who is upset that she is not able to rule simply because of her sex. That's incredibly offensive in this day and age and I don't think any woman should be labelled as difficult for standing up for herself.

But it wasn’t decided in this day and age. It was decided decades ago and it definitely doesn’t speak well for her if she hasn’t made peace with the situation. Especially since things have now changed and her niece is the future Queen of Norway.

Also - quite honestly - in this day and age it’s frankly ridiculous that you can be born to become the HOS. So royals need to pipe down about fairness and equality. By definition they’re born above everyone else. It’s deeply unequal in its very nature to be a royal.
Mariola

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #2200 on: June 24, 2022, 01:57:01 AM »

But it wasn’t decided in this day and age. It was decided decades ago and it definitely doesn’t speak well for her if she hasn’t made peace with the situation. Especially since things have now changed and her niece is the future Queen of Norway.

Also - quite honestly - in this day and age it’s frankly ridiculous that you can be born to become the HOS. So royals need to pipe down about fairness and equality. By definition they’re born above everyone else. It’s deeply unequal in its very nature to be a royal.

Good post
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2201 on: June 24, 2022, 02:57:29 AM »

This is 100% true!

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Pulsatilla

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #2202 on: June 24, 2022, 06:57:25 AM »

Good post
Lucille

Baby Member

Norway Norway

Ignore
« Reply #2203 on: June 24, 2022, 11:24:57 AM »

but that is an entirely different question. The fact remains that Norway IS a monarchy, whether we support the idea or not, and in that context it was of course discriminatory that women could not be monarchs.
autumn

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #2204 on: June 24, 2022, 04:03:57 PM »

I don't think she said that she is sad that she is not the heir. She said she felt she was a disappointment to the people and the country for being a girl, as girls could not inherit at the time, and that made her sad. If she had wanted to be the heir, I believe she would have been given the chance when the constitution was changed in the early 90s. She has revealed that the prime minister came to Skaugum and asked her opinion on the matter. The amendment to the constitution was (unlike Sweden) made to take effect for future generations, but that wasn't a given. They could have chosen the Swedish solution, and I believe everyone in the royal family was heard on the matter. Which, personally, I don't think they should have been alowed to. It should have been decided by the law makers with no regard to the personal feelings of the royals.

Everytime she has spoken about this subject she has always said that she is relieved she is not the heir. That said, I have sometimes felt that she has not spoken her own opinion, but the opinion of king Olav, as if she had internalized it. Example - when she was interviewed for her 18th birthday, she said that it made sense to her that girls can't inherit, because the monarch is the head of the military, and girls don't do military service. That sounds like an old man's bullshit to me. I am a couple of years older than ML, and I remember thinking at the time that I found her ideas strange and old fashioned.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I remember at the time Haakon wanted to marry MM, he wasn’t sure if he’d be allowed to marry MM because of her past. The story I remember is Haakon asked ML if she’d take over as the heir so he’d be free to marry MM and ML told him “No”
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: