Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crown Princess Victoria´s 30th birthday  (Read 4702 times)
Lena
Banned
Huge Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« on: July 05, 2007, 03:30:36 PM »

A thread to mark CP Victoria´s 30th birthday.
These days an interview with TT (Swedish agency on news) was released.
Victoria makes it sounding, as if still no wedding would be on the way  Blink
She is saying things like "It would come, as it would come" and that she isn´t in a rush, doesn´t feel pressed. And directly asked about an engagement, she is saying that one still has to wait for it longer. And asked how long that would be, she is saying, that "one doesn´t know that" (It´s at 1:24...check her face. I fear Daniel is putting her off again and again) Only measured by her wrinkles in the video, it´s high time to reproduce oneself  Roll Eyes  Secret
http://www.aftonbladet.se...egories/Nyheter/0707/4065 (video)

http://www.thelocal.se/7799/20070705/ (article)

Press pics

hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 06:57:31 PM »

I like her but I remember she said at one interview that she would give up love for the throne then I thought she's an idiot Crap and that stupid game when she and her boyfriend sometimes don't walk close to eachother when she is being photograph is just too much

so I like her most of the time Roll Eyes

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

Ugly Betty

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 09:47:45 PM »

I read that she said she would sacrifice love if it wasn't compatible with her duty as future queen.  I'd hate to be in her shoes.
Michelle

Gigantic Member

I smell bogan approaching

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 01:35:44 AM »

I like her but I remember she said at one interview that she would give up love for the throne then I thought she's an idiot

She said that?  Because I remember her saying quite the opposite.  That she wouldn't sacrifice love for her duty as Queen.

Lena
Banned
Huge Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 02:01:37 AM »

I like her but I remember she said at one interview that she would give up love for the throne then I thought she's an idiot

She said that?  Because I remember her saying quite the opposite.  That she wouldn't sacrifice love for her duty as Queen.

That is a translation of the statement, she made to a turkian newspaper in early summer 2005:
Victoria says that if she had to choose between the throne and love she would choose the throne.

"I will not leave this position, I was born to help Sweden and wants to do my best"

However in the bday interview in july 2005, she was asked about it again (after not sooo many had approved of it. I guess she was thinking, that she would make points with sooo much sense of duty) and was back-pedalling a little and said, that she would hope her choice would be accepted.

And earlier she had sometimes said, that it´s most important, that her future hub and her would love each other.

Hmm, I´m thinking these days, it´s not her, who has to choose, but Daniel  Roll Eyes I don´t think, that Daniel would ever ask her to choose between him and the throne. It´s rather, that he only has to choose, if he would want becoming a prince or if he wants to leave her.

Some nostalgia...SVT put old videos online. Victoria 15 ar...is showing Victoria´s first interview at 15. The difference to the little interview, that I had posted earlier today is so big, that you can´t imagine, that both were done by the same person.
"Kungafamiljen genom åren" is also nice. Love how proud Silvia is of baby Victoria. IMO her Swedish was then pretty much as good or bad as these days. She is also a reason, why I am always saying, that I don´t think, that Mary (and Maxima) would still improve...
http://www.svt.se/svt/jsp...ff_861900&lpos=lasmer

lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 03:35:51 AM »

Perhaps CP Victoria knows what she is doing.  Daniel is around......but  Nerves Ranting Real mad Thumb down Sad Thumb down
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 04:39:12 AM »

Perhaps CP Victoria knows what she is doing.  Daniel is around......but  Nerves Ranting Real mad Thumb down Sad Thumb down

....sure she does...Freddums will soon be available  Halo     Grin

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 02:20:51 PM »

Poor CP Frederick in't going anywhere ... I'm sure CP Mary will give him a nice long leash, and snap it back if he strays too far.  Actually, he does act like an adorable little Puppy, but CP Mary will always be Alpha Dog
Lena
Banned
Huge Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 11:05:43 PM »

Oh...my theory for ages. Don´t always blame the king, but also Victoria my motto was. But slowly...with Monsieur Westling babbling about an other project...
He is saying, that they are calculating on a (financially) positive result for Balance in 2008. The other 2, more exclusive gyms, can´t take members anymore...end of capacity.

And then Expressen says, that he is thinking about opening more gyms.
Daniel´s words:
"I´ve several ideas, I´m working with. Until a further (note) things are my little secret, but many things will happen in the future"
...and with her lost look at the question on the time, we still have to wait (usually one would have an idea by now. And since she has no education as A class actress, I don´t think, she could have hidden her anticipation and happiness about an official engagement in October-December that well)...I´m thinking, that Daniel is the problem.
Of late he had an other relapse into old habits and turned away, when he spotted a photographer taking pics of him and Victoria. Things aren´t getting better really  Crap
And I´m sooo tired of him getting praise for shutting up in things about his rship to the crown princess.
But at the same time he is very much enjoying the PR effect, that is going with being her bf...and is giving interviews about his gyms (which are nothing in comparison to chains like S.A.T.S) to all kind of newspapers  Real mad

Of course I would change my mind, if he would be at the birthday show in Borgholm´s sport stadium (broadcasted on TV) in one week  Cute ...but IMO the chance isn´t bigger than 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 %
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 11:20:55 PM by Lena » Logged
Michelle

Gigantic Member

I smell bogan approaching

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2007, 11:35:32 PM »

And I´m sooo tired of him getting praise for shutting up in things about his rship to the crown princess.
But at the same time he is very much enjoying the PR effect, that is going with being her bf...and is giving interviews about his gyms (which are nothing in comparison to chains like S.A.T.S) to all kind of newspapers  Real mad

As long as they talk about his gyms, he is fine and happy.  But once the subject moves to the CP, he shuts up.  Which is so ironic considering that the only reason he is even given the time of day by the journalists is because of her.  If he wasn't with her, would they even care?  IMO, no.   Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle  Danny boy, don't bit the hand that feeds you.  Tell us at least that you love her

Lena
Banned
Huge Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2007, 12:56:52 AM »

As long as they talk about his gyms, he is fine and happy.  But once the subject moves to the CP, he shuts up.  Which is so ironic considering that the only reason he is even given the time of day by the journalists is because of her.  If he wasn't with her, would they even care?  IMO, no.   Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle  Danny boy, don't bit the hand that feeds you.  Tell us at least that you love her

Precisely!
In the beginning it was still somewhat cute to spot Daniel in Sweden´s biggest newspaper on economy. They had an long article about his gyms, and with pics of Daniel in a suit with golden (!) lining and buttons  Cute
One year before he had still sported the K-Fed look...and suddenly he was a serious business man  Roll Eyes
http://www.di.se/Nyheter/...atekonomi%3BPrivatNyheter

Maybe this transformation was in some ways necessary. But what he is doing these days is simply annoying and risky. He is the cake eating and having it. He is milking the Royal cow and with all these investments, he is risking to lose all.
And really...there are mainly two groups...those, who are acknowledging his efforts and way of climbing. And those, who will always see him as "the gym trainer". Don´t see the latter group changing their minds pre-marriage...even not, if he would have 10 gyms and would have shares for 5 hotels.
Just like e.g. Mette Marit, he could only convince a part of them by showing, how good he is for Victoria and by fathering some cute little babies. Dón´t get, why the court isn´t pushing him gently into Royal life...or why they aren´t at least forcing him (gently as well) to make a decision. 5.5 years of this drama should be more than enough to know, what he wants...
hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 09:42:54 AM »

I think she looks much prettier with her hair like that
http://troonopvolgers.web...7/07/victoria_bijna_.html

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 07:54:36 PM »

Poor CP Frederick in't going anywhere ... I'm sure CP Mary will give him a nice long leash, and snap it back if he strays too far.  Actually, he does act like an adorable little Puppy, but CP Mary will always be Alpha Dog

I know this is just too wierd...but could CP Victoria have wanted CP Frederick and just waited too long, and hooked up with Daniel as a semi-accident, and now doesn't know what to do with him.  In several interviews she has said she "hope Mr Right will come along", that doesn't sound like she is rushing Daniel.... Cry Cry Cry Cry
Lena
Banned
Huge Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 04:22:45 PM »

Aftonbladet published a guest list today

Swedish Royal house
The King and Queen
Princess Madeleine and Prince Carl Philip
Princess Christina and Tord Magnuson
Danish Royal house
Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary
Prince Joachim

Norwegian Royal house
King Harald and Queen Sonja
Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princes Mette Marit
Princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn

Former Greek Royal house
Constantine and Anne Marie

But I can´t figure out, if these Royals would only gather for a dinner at Solliden...or if they would also come to Borgholm (so that we could see them)...and if this dinner would be of a private character (relatives...we ordinary mortals wouldn´t even know...but Royals seem to see things differently Wink) It´s at least not listed in the official schedule for the birthday.
But that Daniel Westling isn´t allowed to come speaks for an official dinner. Probably Daniel also won´t show up for the show at Borgholm. And I can already picture, what crap Victoria would tell tomorrow in the big SVT interview. Can you show me an more immature 30 years old woman  Crap Hopefully she would at least NOT say again, that she loves her dog Jambo...and that she loves children  Crap Secret
Piper

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 04:39:52 PM »

The Scandinavian Royal Families are pretty close, aren't they? They all attend each others' celebrations en masse.

I guess that goes too for the BeNeLux RF, though they don't party as often as their northern neighbors.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: