Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marie's Patronages  (Read 27595 times)
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 10:53:05 AM »

I've changed the title of the thread to avoid to start a new thread every time she will receive a new one (yeah, I know, she does not have a lot, but they seem coming in now)

So, here they are:

• Wadden Sea Festival
• Copenhagen Jewellery Fair and Bella Nordic Jewellery Award
• Denmark Ski
• The Danish National Commission for UNESCO
• Prix littéraire des Ambassadeurs
• Tønder Festival

I actually think Mary has made a strategic error. She will be kept out of the public eye for a further six months, and then it will be a PR risk for her to be seen out and about without her brood.

Meanwhile, Marie will take full advantage of Mary's lull and work hard and go from strength to strength, becoming the darling of the Danes!

Remember, Mary snubbed Marie early on and was rude to her. Marie is quite entitled to ignore Mary back now. Now that the tables are turning ...

Wha hae!
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2010, 02:06:47 PM »

LOL Holly!  Star

I don't think PeDe ever has to worry about looking anything like Mary!

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Gwen

Large Member

IBM-Ideal Breeding Material

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 02:14:08 PM »

I don't think that this conference on "Child Poverty and social exclusion", organized by BRIDGE Denmarkis such a small cultural cause though, I've roamed the internet for a bit and this subject will attract increasing attraction.

So there might be some more to do for Marie on a much bigger scale.

Remember when she became the patron for the Danish National Commission for UNESCO; little later she went to the headquarters to Paris to learn more about it. So maybe the upcoming conference will be something similar...who knows...maybe she'll become involved with UNICEF

She has the brains and the languages to show for (Danish, English, Spanish, Italian and French)

http://www.thenewfederali...erty-and-Social-Exclusion

http://unicefglobalstudy.blogspot.com/

Isn't Unicef Alexandra's main patronage?
Cara

Humongous Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2010, 02:26:15 PM »

I don't think that this conference on "Child Poverty and social exclusion", organized by BRIDGE Denmarkis such a small cultural cause though, I've roamed the internet for a bit and this subject will attract increasing attraction.

So there might be some more to do for Marie on a much bigger scale.

Remember when she became the patron for the Danish National Commission for UNESCO; little later she went to the headquarters to Paris to learn more about it. So maybe the upcoming conference will be something similar...who knows...maybe she'll become involved with UNICEF

She has the brains and the languages to show for (Danish, English, Spanish, Italian and French)

http://www.thenewfederali...erty-and-Social-Exclusion

http://unicefglobalstudy.blogspot.com/

Isn't Unicef Alexandra's main patronage?

yes it is. i doubt they want marie's brains instead of alex's.  Wink
Gwen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2010, 03:06:50 PM »

I think at the time of Alexandra's divorce Unicef stated that they were very happy to keep her as their patron, but now five years on, it might be the natural thing to look for someone with a higher profile.

I like Alexandra, but imo she should step away from the stage and live a private life. Marie is a completely different person, but she is wife of Joachim now and as such she should have her own place without having to compete with the ghost of the first wife.
thrilla

Gigantic Member

Desperately seeking one's kabuki makeup& Photoshop

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010, 11:30:33 PM »

I think at the time of Alexandra's divorce Unicef stated that they were very happy to keep her as their patron, but now five years on, it might be the natural thing to look for someone with a higher profile.

I like Alexandra, but imo she should step away from the stage and live a private life. Marie is a completely different person, but she is wife of Joachim now and as such she should have her own place without having to compete with the ghost of the first wife.

I see your point, but it begins to get problematic if Alex drops her patronages, because she is on the state payroll "for life". There will be absolutely no justification for her getting her yearly allowance if she no longer does public work. The taxpayer should not fund pensions for ex-princesses, so IMO not matter how good a job she did while married to Joachim, the state should not pay her any money when she stops doing the kind of service that entitles her to a royal allowance.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2010, 11:23:06 PM »

Princess Marie is patron of the National Association for Autism

•Copenhagen Jewellery Fair and Bella Nordic Jewellery Award
•Denmark Ski Federation
•The Danish National Commission for UNESCO
•National Association for Autism
•Literary Prix des Ambassadeurs
•Tonder Festival

(Source: http://kongehuset.dk/publ...k_dk_familien_marie_hvrv0)

National Association for Autism: http://www.autismeforenin...tismeforening.aspx?id=140
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 11:34:49 PM by PeDe » Logged

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2010, 11:35:07 PM »

So they cut the Wadden Sea Festival and replaced it with the NAfA?  Thinking

Wadden Sea Festival
• Copenhagen Jewellery Fair and Bella Nordic Jewellery Award
• Denmark Ski
• The Danish National Commission for UNESCO
• Prix littéraire des Ambassadeurs
• Tønder Festival

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2010, 12:51:16 AM »

Good news. I'm surprised it didn't already have a royal patron though.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Cece

Ginormous Member

presque-zizi

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2010, 12:57:29 AM »

Peeds, thank you so much for cross posting this info. I appreciate so much how you think of the archival nature of this board and keep information relevant and easy to find!  Hug
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2010, 01:03:28 AM »

Blush thanks Cece...glad to help  Hug

Purple

Large Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2010, 11:30:14 AM »

Thanks again PeDe.  I'm glad she's a patron for this cause - have a soft spot for it aaaand so glad Mary didn't get her hands on it  Sweating
Cara

Humongous Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2010, 12:01:41 PM »

I see your point, but it begins to get problematic if Alex drops her patronages, because she is on the state payroll "for life". There will be absolutely no justification for her getting her yearly allowance if she no longer does public work. The taxpayer should not fund pensions for ex-princesses, so IMO not matter how good a job she did while married to Joachim, the state should not pay her any money when she stops doing the kind of service that entitles her to a royal allowance.

alex has absolutely nothing to justify. she has a lifelong allowance which is not dependent from her chosen activities. she could entirely retire from her patronages and continue to enjoy it.

whether the tax payers like that or not is a different matter. i've often wondered what divorced husbands that have to pay for their ex-wives think about the state sponsoring the ex-wife of a royal.
Gwen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2010, 12:22:26 PM »

Thrilla, I never saw your response to my post, sorry for not answering. I see what you mean and I wonder if there will come a time when the feeling against Alex getting an allowance is such that there will be a movement to reduce it or scrap it altogether. Stranger things have happened and sometimes what seemed natural and appropriate at one time doesn't make sense later on.

I just think Unicef is such a good patronage, such a serious, worthy cause that it seems unfair that Joachim's new wife doesn't have it. It would be one thing if Mary had it, who is, after all, going to be the queen (perish the thought!), but as the princess number two, Marie has to compete for work, not only with Mary but with her husband's ex-wife too. T'is too much.

Agatha

Baby Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2010, 02:30:11 PM »

Marie hasn't got any brain.

Here she is at a meeting - but her little brain can't cope. http://www.bt.dk/royale/keder-du-dig-marie

Don't give Marie Cavallier more patronages. The patronage for skiing is al she can manage.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: