Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 222   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Luxembourg: activities and news  (Read 615131 times)
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #3105 on: April 26, 2017, 02:44:46 PM »

I think there's something very strange about Claire Nerves I don't know what it is exactly but she seems so .. plastic and empty? Robotlike? Idk.

I think it was very sweet of Gui to play and sing actually. Seems very genuine somehow.

I know what you mean, she looks like nobody is home (inside)

Exactly!
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #3106 on: April 26, 2017, 07:56:03 PM »

I also agree that she's going through the motions, so to speak.  She has seemed this way since the moment Amalia was born, IMO.  I hope she's getting help.
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3107 on: April 28, 2017, 12:54:25 PM »

Yesterdy, MT and the duchess of Bragance attended the opening of the vernissage "Portugal - Drawing the World" at the MNHA in Lux. The museum's fb page has some (non-photoshopped) pics

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #3108 on: April 28, 2017, 01:27:05 PM »

That's a very nice and flattering outfit for MT Smiley
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #3109 on: April 28, 2017, 06:08:15 PM »

Love her jacket!
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #3110 on: April 28, 2017, 07:12:34 PM »

MT looks fabulous.  I'm so glad she was the one who went to this event. 

The "Duchess" of Braganza never misses an opportunity to play royal, does she.  Roll Eyes  I suspect that she's there because there are many Portuguese immigrants in Luxembourg, but I'm curious to see if they're impressed by her presence. 
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3111 on: May 01, 2017, 09:31:36 AM »

The "Duchess" of Braganza never misses an opportunity to play royal, does she.  Roll Eyes  I suspect that she's there because there are many Portuguese immigrants in Luxembourg, but I'm curious to see if they're impressed by her presence. 

The Luxembourg royals are also related to the Portuguese Braganca's:

Henri's grandmother on paternal side Grandduchess Charlotte was the daughter of Grand Duke Guillaume IV and his wife, princess Marie Anne of Portugal. Charlotte's husband prince Felix of Bourbon-Parma was the son of Robert I, Duke of Parma and his 2nd wife princess Maria Antonia of Portugal. Both Charlotte's and Felix's maternal grandparents were Miguel of Portugal and Adelaide of L÷wenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg.

Marie Anne and Maria Antonia were sisters, and therefore Charlotte and Felix 1st cousins.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #3112 on: May 01, 2017, 08:59:23 PM »

Henri's grandmother on paternal side Grandduchess Charlotte was the daughter of Grand Duke Guillaume IV and his wife, princess Marie Anne of Portugal. Charlotte's husband prince Felix of Bourbon-Parma was the son of Robert I, Duke of Parma and his 2nd wife princess Maria Antonia of Portugal. Both Charlotte's and Felix's maternal grandparents were Miguel of Portugal and Adelaide of L÷wenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg.

Marie Anne and Maria Antonia were sisters, and therefore Charlotte and Felix 1st cousins.

Yes, I know that.  It's still funny though that Duarte Pio and Isabel are always there for any royal wedding in Europe; family or not, they never miss a chance to play royal.  A few years ago, Isabel gave MT the (extinct) Portuguese royal order for women.  I'd love to know what the Lux Portuguese community thought of this visit.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3113 on: May 02, 2017, 03:18:21 PM »

Yes, I know that.  It's still funny though that Duarte Pio and Isabel are always there for any royal wedding in Europe; family or not, they never miss a chance to play royal.  A few years ago, Isabel gave MT the (extinct) Portuguese royal order for women.  I'd love to know what the Lux Portuguese community thought of this visit.

Reminds me of other of those descendants of royals in exile. Almost more diligent in being present at royal events than the current reigning royals Wink Smiley
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3114 on: May 03, 2017, 04:24:20 PM »

Yeah, an incoming state visit in May! From 23-24 they will have an incoming state visit from Portugal.
Today, Henri and MT will have a reception at Berg for the government (they do it several times a year, so no special reason for this) and earlier today, Henri visited the military at Diekirch.

Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

TM The King and Queen of Spain

Ignore
« Reply #3115 on: May 03, 2017, 04:51:02 PM »

In the Duchess of Braganza defense I must say she's pretty discrete and she's not the type of royal who screams "cameras I'm here look at me" - actually in Portugal she's completed outshone by the Duchess of Cadaval. Both she and the D. Duarte Pio are a very discrete couple - every time he gives an interview there's always some polemical point of view coming from him, but they never try to outshine anyone when they appear in public. Actually I'm constantly saying they're terrible defenders of the monarchy - they've a terrible PR department (if they have any), their website is terrible and the press complains they're not easily accessible.
The only time I think she acted a bit over the top was during the state visit of F&L last november: our President, like his predecessors invited them for the state dinner and she decided to wear a tiara while Leti didn't. I don't know if by protocol she was allowed to do it or if Leti didn't feel comfortable to wear a tiara when visiting a republic and so she decided not to wear it, but it was quite an awkward moment.
If they're part of almost any royal gathering it's because they are related with some of the most important royal families in Europe, not because they're seeking for attention IMHO  Smiley

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3116 on: May 03, 2017, 08:46:40 PM »

Before Henri and MT met with the government for the institutional dinner, MT met with Dr Denis Mukwege at Berg. Gui and Linus did not attend the dinner because they milked their little artisan project again. Not sure why those 2 events had to be scheduled at the same time, I guess somebody messed up the agenda but still no excuse for Gui to miss this, Linus could have attended the other event on her own.

Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3117 on: May 03, 2017, 09:08:57 PM »

Tageblatt also published a few pics

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #3118 on: May 03, 2017, 10:37:36 PM »

Thank you for that explanation Nuno. Star  It's nice to hear a Portuguese citizen's point of view.  It sounds like the government politely tolerates the Braganzas. 
Coya

Huge Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #3119 on: May 03, 2017, 10:47:22 PM »

Did MT lost weight? She looks good with that suit o maybe is just photoshop  Thinking

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 222   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: