Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 220   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Luxembourg: activities and news  (Read 606390 times)
Phina

Small Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #3225 on: August 12, 2017, 08:55:13 PM »

Well well, I think Alex is a fan of short dresses Beer She's easily the best looking of Henri and MT's children though. It's quite bizarre how unattractive they all are given how good looking the couple is Blink

Beer You took the words out of my mouth 
ralf103

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #3226 on: August 12, 2017, 09:09:33 PM »

But the British army has a long tradition of having foreign involvement within it - the Gurkhas being just one example that jumps to mind. The people asked to represent the sovereign are usually either Heads of State or Government from military allies, members of the BRF, senior military leaders or senior civilian leaders of the military - the PM, Sec of State for Defence etc. I just really don't see it as an insult or offence. When they start inviting David Beckham or Katie Price to do the job I'll start getting that it might be seen as an offence.

Anyway, I'm sure Sebastian is proud to be on parade, I wonder if this is the start of a military career or not? Any news on that?
melusina

Micro Member

Luxembourg Luxembourg

Ignore
« Reply #3227 on: August 12, 2017, 10:17:05 PM »

Well well, I think Alex is a fan of short dresses Beer She's easily the best looking of Henri and MT's children though. It's quite bizarre how unattractive they all are given how good looking the couple is Blink
That's indeed a hell of a micromini  Grin and it looks even shorter on the move in the video Jumping

As to Séb's eventual military career, I don't believe so. The lux army is really tiny and claims of nepotism would immediately arise. This passage at Sandhurst was a sacrifice to family tradition, and hopefully it helped him grow a spine and give serious directions to his life.
pocahontas

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3228 on: August 13, 2017, 01:27:12 AM »

Too bad about the length of Alex's dress. If it were 6 inches longer, she would've looked perfect.
The silhouette is flattering to her figure and simple and elegant. With the solid blue color and all accessories in contrasting natural, it is a classic look.
Except for the short length, this is perhaps her best look. It is one she may regret, though, when she looks back at these photos. It's a "What was I thinking?" moment. We've all had them.

Wow, Claire looks really frumpy. The coat is too long and and the red bands on her shoes are very distracting.
Good heavens where does Steph find all these peep toe shoes in odd pastel colors that match her clothes? Someone needs to tell her she doesn't have to be matchy-matchy from head to toe in order to be coordinated. Just look at Alex.

Bruce Willis and Demi Moore as well as Prince Andrew and Fergie come to mind as attractive parents whose kids inherited exaggerated versions of their parents' bad features instead of their parents' good features.

Alex inherited her father's height and fine bone structure and her mother's prettiness.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #3229 on: August 13, 2017, 05:17:26 AM »

Alex's dress is cute but way too short.  How tall is Claire?  She looks ginormous (in terms of her height, not her weight) in this picture.   Thinking

And why in the hell can't Linus figure out how to hold her handbag?  So awkward and strange.
Ellie

Warned
Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3230 on: August 13, 2017, 05:44:56 AM »

Louis's suit does not fit him, it looks a size too big or even worse.

MT and Henri are such lovely, wonderful people. Amazing their kids didn't seem to inherit much of that at all. (I do like Alexandra, something about her seems nice.)
rosella

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3231 on: August 13, 2017, 06:22:45 AM »

Grand Duke Jean (Henri's father) served in the Irish Guards during the Second World War, after Sandhurst, and was their Hon Colonel from 1984 until he abdicated. He often rode behind Queen Elizabeth on Sovereign's Day Parade, and on one occasion he presided over the giving out of the shamrocks to the Irish Guards on St Pat's Day, so there is a precedent for a foreign Royal serving in the British Army.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #3232 on: August 13, 2017, 06:20:35 PM »

Grand Duke Jean (Henri's father) served in the Irish Guards during the Second World War, after Sandhurst, and was their Hon Colonel from 1984 until he abdicated. He often rode behind Queen Elizabeth on Sovereign's Day Parade, and on one occasion he presided over the giving out of the shamrocks to the Irish Guards on St Pat's Day, so there is a precedent for a foreign Royal serving in the British Army.

^^^^^What a shame that Luxembourg doesn't have their own military academy tradition.  It's bizarre to me that they all go out of their way to play British soldier.  Roll Eyes

I know Lux has a military.  Tessy was part of it and was an actual soldier.  I'd have a lot more respect for these royals if they served in their home military instead of joining these fancy foreign guard units.
melusina

Micro Member

Luxembourg Luxembourg

Ignore
« Reply #3233 on: August 13, 2017, 08:00:53 PM »

Lux army consists of around 900 people, and that includes the military music, and around 80 officers. And these officers are all trained abroad, at belgian and french military academies. We don't have the necessary critical size to train our own people. And we don't have short service volonteers for officers careers. An officer's training is a consistent investment and the army wouldn't want to waste money on somebody who's only interested in a short fling.
So nobody expects the GD's sons to join the lux army, IMO that would only create unnecessary fuss.

Phina

Small Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #3234 on: August 13, 2017, 08:05:53 PM »

M-T giving Sebastien the blessing:

Henri greeting Sebastien:

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #3235 on: August 13, 2017, 11:06:30 PM »

Lux army consists of around 900 people, and that includes the military music, and around 80 officers. And these officers are all trained abroad, at belgian and french military academies. We don't have the necessary critical size to train our own people. And we don't have short service volonteers for officers careers. An officer's training is a consistent investment and the army wouldn't want to waste money on somebody who's only interested in a short fling.
So nobody expects the GD's sons to join the lux army, IMO that would only create unnecessary fuss.

I still think that royals, especially those who live a luxurious life funded by the citizen taxpayer, should be expected to serve in the military.  If the military doesn't want them, then they shouldn't be using taxpayer money to go to England and play soldier.  I doubt Sandhurst is cheap.  Just my opinion.
ralf103

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #3236 on: August 14, 2017, 01:28:28 PM »

Do you mean the Lux family paying for Sandhurst? In which case if there anything to say they have used taxpayers money? I thought the Grand Duke received a generous personal allowance, if he has used that then really thats up to them to spend his "salary" as he sees fit.

I think as Luxembourg doesn't have its own military academy like Sandhurst, for practical reasons, its seen as better to send them to the best possible alternative. After all why wouldn't they want their military leaders to be the best trained they can be?
Tinika

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3237 on: August 14, 2017, 01:48:40 PM »

Alex's dress is cute but way too short.  How tall is Claire?  She looks ginormous (in terms of her height, not her weight) in this picture.   Thinking

And why in the hell can't Linus figure out how to hold her handbag?  So awkward and strange.

Once again, Louis looks like a huge dork.  How the heck did Henri and MT's children turn out so gawky/weird/unappealing?
Ghost

Micro Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #3238 on: August 14, 2017, 03:53:28 PM »

M-T giving Sebastien the blessing:

Henri greeting Sebastien:

I do the same with my "babies"! (They are not much younger than Sebastien) This makes me feel so MT - like!
LadyBunion

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3239 on: August 14, 2017, 04:25:00 PM »

Do you mean the Lux family paying for Sandhurst? In which case if there anything to say they have used taxpayers money? I thought the Grand Duke received a generous personal allowance, if he has used that then really thats up to them to spend his "salary" as he sees fit.

I think as Luxembourg doesn't have its own military academy like Sandhurst, for practical reasons, its seen as better to send them to the best possible alternative. After all why wouldn't they want their military leaders to be the best trained they can be?

Sandhurst gets on average 40k for each overseas student, though that varies by country https://www.theguardian.c...s-with-bad-rights-records

Sandhurst has always liked to have links to overseas royal families  - suspect they were very keen to have these two
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 220   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: