Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jordan's king takes Tattoo salute  (Read 9295 times)
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« on: August 17, 2010, 02:47:53 AM »

King Abdullah of Jordan is to take the salute at the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo on Wednesday.

The king and his wife, Queen Rania, will watch the Tattoo show, which includes The Royal Jordanian Army Band.

Tattoo chief executive Major General Euan Loudon said it was "an honour" to welcome the royal couple.

The Tattoo, which runs for three weeks on Edinburgh Castle's esplanade, is celebrating its diamond anniversary, having first been staged in 1950.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news...nburgh-east-fife-10989712

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 05:28:32 PM »

is that an official visit or what?

they just get back to Jordan seems they cant wait there for long time

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 06:24:45 PM »

The Ednburgh Tattoo is an incredibly distinguished event and it's a big honour for the Jordanian forces who will be there. It would be a massive snub against to the Jordanian Army if they were not there to support and respect them IMO.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 06:44:33 PM »

sound nice event i have nothing against the isea of attending it but i still think it will be very nice from them and sign of respect to their ppl if they remind in Jordan for more than one month at least Roll Eyes
they travel alot something for good reason and other times for nothing IMO

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 06:46:55 PM »

Honouring and supporting their military is nothing?! Ok then  Whistle

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 06:54:34 PM »

Honouring and supporting their military is nothing?! Ok then  Whistle
i didn't say it's nothing look back to my post and  read it carefully: i said i have nothing against it if they attend the event.
i was talking in general, about the fact that their ppl makes jokes of their no stop visits abroad it's clear they are annoyed.
and it seems to me like they cant wait in their contry for long time they look for any reason to fly out.

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 07:00:35 PM »

They usually spend every Ramadan in Jordan so it's not as though they fly out every year. Moreover at least the Jordanian people know where they are, unlike other ME royal houses where the royals regularly jet in and out without the average citizen knowing anything.

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 07:07:46 PM »

they usually spend the whole Ramadan in Jordan.
WOW that's big

if i was Jordanian knowing where they are exactly is the last thing i'll care about.

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 07:15:39 PM »

I used it as an example because it just shows how important this is that they have actually left during Ramadan. Moreover, despite the fact that they are going away they have both been working with Rania maintaining activities right up until this morning before they left.

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 07:26:47 PM »

I used it as an example because it just shows how important this is that they have actually left during Ramadan. Moreover, despite the fact that they are going away they have both been working with Rania maintaining activities right up until this morning before they left.

i think yet you didn't get my point dear LS.
i am not puting in question their "hard work" i am talking about their no stop visits abroad and their travel for a reason and without reason ,the way they are always absent,always in official or private visits the fact that  their ppl are annoyed so much so they make jokes and the fact that they clearly don't care about what their ppl think about that.

if i remember well they traveled during Ramadan last year too.

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 07:38:31 PM »

Firstly I don't think you should speak on behalf of "their people". I know plenty of Jordanians who are perfectly happy with their RF and the things you are saying certainly don't reflect their views or those of the people they know. (JMO)

They are not the only Middle Eastern RF that travels abroad regularly. London in the summertime is teaming with Arab royals from Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Bahrain etc. Throughout the year, certain bars/clubs usually have a couple of Arab princes hanging about, so compared to their Middle Eastern counterparts they do not travel outside their country alot solely for pleasure.

They are not the only royals who travel alot for their work, they are king and queen, not just CP or constitutional monarchs so that means they have to travel. It's no different to being the CEO of a company who has a busy travel itinerary. The days where kings and queens could just sit back in their country and people would come to them have long gone, especially in countries where the monarchies have an actual substantive role and do not simply have ceremonial powers.

Moreover, at least they don't disappear from the public eye for months on end like other RFs (the Moroccan ladies spring to mind here).

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2010, 07:59:10 PM »

who said i am talking on behalf of their ppl??
i am not Jordanian and i don't have right to talk  on behalf of them but i have the right to say what i think to bring up my opinion here this a forum no?.you know some Jordanian who are so happy from with king and queen i also know some others who are not that happy with their behavior althought they like them they would love to see them doing things more home.

they are not senior royal like these who invade London in this period of year they are head of state and they should take that in consideration work or not they exaggerate a little with their Marco Polo trips IMO.

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2010, 08:09:14 PM »

You kept making references to "their people", which seemed as though you were making references to everyone. Apologies if that wasn't your intention.

they are not senior royal like these who invade London in this period of year they are head of state and they should take that in consideration work or not they exaggerate a little with their Marco Polo trips IMO.
How is their attendance at a military event an example of them not taking consideration of their work?!

I could understand and would probably agree if they were in London for a gala event or a dinner or something but they are attending an established, military parade where their military is participating, which isn't something to be sneered at IMO.

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 08:12:10 PM »

why you just don't want to understand that i am not talking about this visit in particularly and i am talking about their agenda in general?

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2010, 08:15:07 PM »

I do understand what you are talking about but so far you have failed to mention a specific event, you've been talking in more general terms.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: