Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jordan's king takes Tattoo salute  (Read 9294 times)
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 08:27:58 PM »

I do understand what you are talking about but so far you have failed to mention a specific event, you've been talking in more general terms.

yes i am talking in general i don't have to mention  all or some of events to proove what i said although if you want i can make to you a big list.
my point is not how usuful is these trips are (althought i don't think a Dinner in London with Uma Thurman is usuful for Jordan or a speech in Idaho) my point is that they take any opportunity or reason to fly out of Jordan that's it.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 08:46:58 PM by Rita » Logged

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 08:41:28 PM »

I didn't say you needed to "prove" anything, but it's difficult to have a discussion with somebody without mentioning specifics.

The Sun Valley Conference has been running for a number of years now (I think close to 30) and it regularly attracts political figures, for example this year the PM of Singapore was there. Moreover IMRIC the news reported that some of the discussions focused on the Jordanian economy, new projects being implemented in the country etc. These are all issues that were well within their remit and they should be discussing for their country's long-term benefit.

The ARK dinner raised £14million for the benefit of children. So Uma Thurman was there? So what? Rania doesn't control the guest list and IMRIC she was there to give a speech urging for donations to benefit children in South Africa.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 08:55:20 PM by Little_star » Logged

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Cara

Humongous Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 11:47:27 PM »

You kept making references to "their people", which seemed as though you were making references to everyone. Apologies if that wasn't your intention.

they are not senior royal like these who invade London in this period of year they are head of state and they should take that in consideration work or not they exaggerate a little with their Marco Polo trips IMO.
How is their attendance at a military event an example of them not taking consideration of their work?!

I could understand and would probably agree if they were in London for a gala event or a dinner or something but they are attending an established, military parade where their military is participating, which isn't something to be sneered at IMO.

IMO anybody with a healthy sense of debate would easily understand that rita did not mean every single jordanian citizen or was speaking for all jordanians.

Star to you rita for your posts that are always so civil and so nice -no matter what you discuss and with whom you discuss- even when you are of a different opinion.  Thumb up

btw you are not the only that finds that rania spends a lot of time jet setting the world and taking each and every opportunity to leave jordan.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2010, 11:21:28 PM »

You kept making references to "their people", which seemed as though you were making references to everyone. Apologies if that wasn't your intention.

they are not senior royal like these who invade London in this period of year they are head of state and they should take that in consideration work or not they exaggerate a little with their Marco Polo trips IMO.
How is their attendance at a military event an example of them not taking consideration of their work?!

I could understand and would probably agree if they were in London for a gala event or a dinner or something but they are attending an established, military parade where their military is participating, which isn't something to be sneered at IMO.

IMO anybody with a healthy sense of debate would easily understand that rita did not mean every single jordanian citizen or was speaking for all jordanians.

Star to you rita for your posts that are always so civil and so nice -no matter what you discuss and with whom you discuss- even when you are of a different opinion.  Thumb up

btw you are not the only that finds that rania spends a lot of time jet setting the world and taking each and every opportunity to leave jordan.
and  Star Star back to you too Cara.
thank you very much for you're kind words i am really touched,i am happy someone understand my point i started to believe my english let me down

dirgiz

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2010, 11:59:01 PM »

The first pics from Edinburgh. They took their daughter Iman with them:

http://www.gettyimages.co...11&p=King%20Abdullah#
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2010, 12:04:27 AM »

Thanks for the photos, dirgiz. It's nice to see you around. 

More:
http://www.daylife.com/se...burgh+Castle+on+August+18

They both look very pleased to be there.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2010, 11:12:50 AM »

Petra photos

http://www.petra.gov.jo/T.../Original/News-215660.jpg[/img]

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2010, 11:14:29 AM »

Edinburgh, Aug 19 (Petra) -- Their Majesties King Abdullah II and Queen Rania on Wednesday evening attended part of the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo held in Scotland to mark its diamond jubilee.

King Abdullah was the main honour guest at the world's largest military musical show where he received salutes from bands representing ten countries performing at this year's event, including Jordan. Over 1,000 military performers along with a wealth of talent from around the world joined forces to stage a spectacular 60th anniversary programme of music, song, dance and drama at this year's Diamond Jubilee Tattoo on the Esplanade of Edinburgh Castle from Aug.6-28.

A number of Jordanian army bands, Circassian Royal Guards and a group of Public Security Cavalry carried out traditional military performances that had won admiration by the crowd. King Abdullah met members of Jordanian bands and expressed his appreciation for their participation and performances.

He also met 10 Jordanian students taking part in a study programme organised by the British Council in Amman who had the opportunity to attend the Tattoo.His Majesty also attended a reception hosted in his honour by City of Edinburgh Councillor George Grubb, representative of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, and attended by 120 figures.

The Jordan Armed Forces band took part in the festival in 1963 for the first time represented at the time by officer Jamal Zreiqat, who was invited this year as a guest of honour. King Abdullah met Zreiqat during the festival and thanked him for representing Jordan in such events in world capitals and cities during his service
http://www.petra.gov.jo/A...tion=8&Artical=215608

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2010, 11:36:09 AM »

SHE is a glamorous queen consort on a fleeting visit to Edinburgh to be a distinguished guest at the Royal Military Tattoo.

But yesterday, Queen Rania al-Abdullah of Jordan took time out of her busy schedule to pay a surprise visit to a Scottish teacher she remembers very fondly and pass judgment on Scotland's "other national drink".

After being a guest of honour at Edinburgh Castle on Wednesday night, Queen Rania arrived at George Heriot's School yesterday to catch up with Robert Dickson, who taught her English during her time at the New English School in Kuwait before outbreak of the first Gulf war.

Earlier in the day, the Jordanian consort announced on social networking website Twitter that Mr Dickson had been her favourite teacher and that she was excited to be going to meet him at the Edinburgh institution at which he is a deputy head.

A surprised Mr Dickson took the call from her staff early while still in bed and later rushed to give his guest a tour of the school before discussing its charitable foundation scheme and her work promoting education in Jordan.

Queen Rania told The Scotsman that the 51-year-old Mr Dickson, who has taught at Heriot's since 1991, had been an inspiration to her.
"All of us have memories of a teacher who had a profound impact on our lives and who stays with you," she said. "Someone who has given you something, or given you confidence and brought out the best in you. For me, it's this Scotsman."

She added: "Sometimes Mr Dickson was cruel to be kind with us, but he really did give me a lot of confidence, and I think the knowledge and the skills he has passed on to me have really been invaluable for me carrying out my duties. I am not sure I would have been able to carry them out in the same way if I hadn't had those skills. I am very indebted to him."

Later, she reviewed the meeting on Twitter, stating: "Mr Dickson was just as I remember: passionate about what he does, enthusiastic and full of life".

Mr Dickson taught Queen Rania in his English class for three years during his seven years at the international school that, at the time, had pupils from more than 60 countries, including a girl from Blantyre.
He recalled his royal visitor as a hard-working pupil. "I remember teaching her," he said. "I taught her for three out of her five senior school years.

"She sat right at the front of my class not because she was placed there, she was just one of those pupils. I suppose you would describe her as a model pupil, but she really was. She was very diligent, conscientious and extremely modest. I think that still comes across when you listen to her."

Mr Dickson added: "I am very proud of all of my pupils, but she is the most illustrious I have taught. I was absolutely delighted she came to visit us. We got on well, and it is still exciting to see what she does."

Queen Rania was in Scotland with her husband to celebrate the participation of the Jordanian military in the Tattoo, an event she described as "fantastic".

"I really enjoyed it," she said. "It was a really great performance from all over the world. The audience were so excited, it was really good."

This was Her Majesty's second visit to Scotland after spending a few hours in the country several years ago on her way to the US, and she indicated she wishes to return.

"I would really love to come back here, for a few days at least, with my children and experience more of Scotland. I would like to go to some of the restaurants and try some of the cuisine."

Being at her service, The Scotsman presented Queen Rania with a bottle of regular and diet Irn-Bru as well as a packet of Tunnock's Teacakes so she could sample the finest food Scotland has to offer.

After sampling the low-sugar drink, Queen Rania said: "This is fantastic. This is the diet version and it is still very sweet. It definitely beats Coke any day."

Profile: Mother of four who is dedicated to charity work

HER Majesty Queen Rania al-Abdullah was born Rania Al Yassin on 31 August, 1970, to a Jordanian family of Palestinian origin. She attended the New English School in Kuwait, before going to the American University in Cairo to study business administration.

After graduating in 1991, she pursued a career in banking in Jordan before briefly working in information technology.

She married the then Prince Abdullah bin al-Hussein in June 1993 and the couple have four children, the eldest of whom is Prince Hussein, 16.

Queen Rania dedicates much of her time to charity work, focusing on education and children's health. She runs a programme that rebuilds dilapidated schools, heads a body to help the poor and also works as an advocate of children's rights for Unicef.
http://news.scotsman.com/...een--and-model.6485090.jp

Gwen

Large Member

IBM-Ideal Breeding Material

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2010, 01:10:19 PM »

Great article! Thanks for the link, Little Star.
royal observer

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2010, 07:46:04 PM »

What is it with Princess Iman? She never cracks a smile either here or at Victoria's wedding - so either she's bored out of her mind at these events and/or she just doesn't enjoy being there. So why does Rania keep dragging her to these things - can't she take Hussein instead (who is crown prince after all and should be getting his training at going to royal events)?  Thinking

Also, I've noticed that Rania is the only one waving and looking for the cameras at the Tatoo while both hubby and daughter are looking straight ahead. She's turning into a Mary - always with an eye out for the cameras! I've noticed the same thing when I was in Stockholm watching at the balcony at the royal palace. Before Vic & Dan came out and all the other royals were gathered, I noticed a single woman on the balcony madly waving at the crowds (when she's not tweeting). Who was it? Of course, it was Rania waving at everyone while the Countess of Wessex and others who were standing next to Rania were not. Hey Rania - people are not gathered there to see YOU, it's Victoria's big day!
twilightroyalty

Mini Member

United States United States

"One of the bestlove stories ever lived"

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2010, 11:26:17 AM »

RO  Supercontent  Star for u  and thos was the 1st post ive read since my return to royal dish have say made my day/night lol  Banana
ssassi

Huge Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2010, 02:08:21 PM »

It seems this is a very interesting and spectacular event. Lolipop
I noticed that especially the King was very happy to be there (Queen Rania always seems to be at ease in these kind of events). Laugh bounce
I don't know if she really loves to be in the spotlight or she considers it is her duty or both but one thing I know : I learned very much about Jordan (even I dream about a trip there) since Rania appeared on the scene. And in the end I think this is the goal of these monarchies: to promote their countries and to help their people to live better. Angel
Although to improve their citizens lives can take a lot of time I can say that in promoting their country they make a good job.  Thumb up
Even I do think she really loves her couture closet Whistle  (nobody is perfect)  Tongue
twilightroyalty

Mini Member

United States United States

"One of the bestlove stories ever lived"

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2010, 04:38:55 PM »

hmmm i thought that to before i read about the true rania ....... Nono and her dictator husband but.....let me stop before "team rania doing the best she can make up some lame excuse for her..."
Rearden

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2010, 04:51:15 PM »

hmmm i thought that to before i read about the true rania ....... Nono and her dictator husband but.....let me stop before "team rania doing the best she can make up some lame excuse for her..."

Can I join you in the "team rania is as superficial as the rest of the royals only that she has better PR than them"?  Angel

"You can never be too rich or too thin" - HRH The Duchess of Windsor Cambridge
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: