Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine's news  (Read 970331 times)
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4545 on: December 28, 2018, 12:56:00 PM »

She used to live in New York for years and has a daughter who is a US citizen.
And no violent crimes that I know of. So what would be the problem ( Sofia)?
onar

Huge Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #4546 on: December 28, 2018, 01:02:26 PM »

It's hard to believe that Maddie had a problem with her visa. I cannot imagine any legal reason that could caused her such a problem.

freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Ask Maria.

Ignore
« Reply #4547 on: December 28, 2018, 01:10:23 PM »

If she was denied entry, she isn't a citizen.  Border officials cannot deny entry to US citizens.

I'm guessing a problem with her diplomatic passport perhaps?  Or, if she is a lawful permanent resident, a problem with her green card.

The TeaSpoon formerly known as Free The Spoon.  Don't ask me why unless you want a long story involving forks and betrayal.
VanillaMoomin

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4548 on: December 28, 2018, 01:29:05 PM »

If she was denied entry, she isn't a citizen.  Border officials cannot deny entry to US citizens.

I'm guessing a problem with her diplomatic passport perhaps?  Or, if she is a lawful permanent resident, a problem with her green card.

I donít think she can possibly be a citizen, even though the US allows dual citizenship now I think you still have to give up foreign titles when you become a US citizen.
Oh_Caroline

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #4549 on: December 28, 2018, 01:57:35 PM »

I'm going to go with this being Stoppa Pressarna stirring the pot.  Maddie is married to an American citizen, has one child recognized to have American citizenship, two more that only need to do the simple paperwork* to be recognized as citizens since dad is a citizen, and she travels on a diplomatic passport.  Even the article says that the "problem" is fine now...and one would have thought her visa was sorted out over the summer...whatever.

*AFAIK all the have to do for Nicolas and Adrienne is have gone to the US Embassy in Stockholm and filled out a Consular Report of Birth Abroad and paid a fee.  Once they had done that they could get Nicolas and Adrienne US Passports (citizens are required to us their US when entering and leaving the US).
Oh_Caroline

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #4550 on: December 28, 2018, 02:10:59 PM »

I donít think she can possibly be a citizen, even though the US allows dual citizenship now I think you still have to give up foreign titles when you become a US citizen.

AFAIK the Title of Nobility Clause (https://en.wikipedia.org/.../Title_of_Nobility_Clause) is for government officials only.

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

I could of course be wrong...but Maddie would be fine...I think.
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4551 on: December 28, 2018, 02:13:53 PM »

Her having American citizen children and an American citizen husband isn't irrelevant to her immigration status.

But I agree there was no actual visa issue, but more likely she was delayed crossing the border.  Which happens to many non-citizens on a daily basis.

Interesting that the press makes this a big deal, slyly (or not so slyly) implying that trouble follows Maddy.  When will these Inspector Ratchets turn their attention to the true dumpster fire in the Swedish Royal Family.

The TeaSpoon formerly known as Free The Spoon.  Don't ask me why unless you want a long story involving forks and betrayal.
Oh_Caroline

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #4552 on: December 28, 2018, 02:24:29 PM »

Her having American citizen children and an American citizen husband isn't irrelevant to her immigration status.

But I agree there was no actual visa issue, but more likely she was delayed crossing the border.  Which happens to many non-citizens on a daily basis.

Interesting that the press makes this a big deal, slyly (or not so slyly) implying that trouble follows Maddy.  When will these Inspector Ratchets turn their attention to the true dumpster fire in the Swedish Royal Family.

Citizens too...in high school we took a class trip to Canada, one of my classmates was on a Green Card from the UK and she was very worried...brought all of her paperwork with her.   Now British Classmate had no problem but a different girl whose family has been over since before the civil war and she like 200th generation American citizen...now her they didn't like (can't remember why).  Oh my teacher threw a fit.
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4553 on: December 28, 2018, 02:33:59 PM »

They can be a**es but they can't legally deny a US citizen entry into the US.

Anyone who isn't a citizen, on the other hand, isn't guaranteed entry back in.  I hold my breath every time I go through the border because re-entry for me - as a green card holder - isn't guaranteed.

AutumnOpal

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #4554 on: December 28, 2018, 03:56:32 PM »

This kind of fake story is so pathetic its laughable really. There is no way she would have any trouble at all getting into the U.S.
And if she did you better believe the president would personally intervene, this would be right up his alley.
Eve

Small Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #4555 on: December 28, 2018, 06:28:34 PM »

Considering the source of this "news", then its highly likely its just another fab story and attempt to cause scandal out of nothing Snore Though, Chris has showed his not-so-favorable opinion about Trump, then perhaps this was small revenge; they could not touch him, his wife was next best?
Sondra Finchley

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #4556 on: December 28, 2018, 07:08:09 PM »

Re: the visa, perhaps she was expecting something to arrive in time before she left and it didn't, someone had to make a phone call and something emergency was issued to allow her to get home. She wasn't denied entry, she wasn't standing at the US border in the airport being led away to a detention room before being put on a return flight, cripes SP.  Roll Eyes

Although interesting she would rather fly with her own family than stick it out another few days/weeks in Sweden with the larger family anyway.... Thinking

VanillaMoomin

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4557 on: December 28, 2018, 08:29:14 PM »

If she was denied entry, she isn't a citizen.  Border officials cannot deny entry to US citizens.

I'm guessing a problem with her diplomatic passport perhaps?  Or, if she is a lawful permanent resident, a problem with her green card.

AFAIK the Title of Nobility Clause (https://en.wikipedia.org/.../Title_of_Nobility_Clause) is for government officials only.

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

I could of course be wrong...but Maddie would be fine...I think.

I donít think so. The form N-400 that immigrants have to fill in to get citizenship explicitly asks you to renounce all foreign titles in part 17. Hereís a link, beware its to a pdf! https://www.uscis.gov/sys...form/n-400.pdf?download=1

ETA: I think itís possible that any child of hers that is born a US citizen might be able to have a Danish [oops! Of course I meant Swedish!] title too? But if she becomes a US citizen herself I think sheíll have to hang up her princessing hat.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 08:34:27 PM by VanillaMoomin, Reason: I goofed » Logged
Eliza B

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #4558 on: December 28, 2018, 08:33:16 PM »

Marrying an American does not make you a citizen. You'd have to still apply for it, but the process is shorter to citizenship.

As she works for Childhood,  I'd assume she's there on a work Visa. When you go in and out of the US frequently as a non-citizen you are more likely to have more questions. Given her family, and money (for lawyers) Im sure they worked it all out.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #4559 on: December 28, 2018, 08:46:08 PM »

IIRC, Hoefia has friends who work for this magazine.

There's no way they denied her entry.  She may have gotten delayed at Customs, which could and does happen to anybody, including American citizens.  I've had it happen to me personally after a visit to Cuba. 

This all sounds like BS and a desperate attempt to create a story where one simply doesn't exist.
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: