Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine's news  (Read 990998 times)
Oh_Caroline

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #4620 on: March 11, 2019, 05:35:01 PM »

I always find it interesting that these stories fail to report that Madeleine is independently wealthy and has access to her portfolio and funds.  I believe at the last report on the SRF's investment wealth, Madeleine came out on top of the three kids with more than 20 million USD to her own name.  Then we can add in to the equation the independent wealth that Christopher has (he has money - he made an initial donation to Childhood of 100,000 USD after meeting Madeleine). 

Yet, this money isn't enough to be able to fund their lives in the States...what a crock.

I also think that there should be more transparency in the apanage funds, if only to clear up misconceptions about where the taxpayer funds go.  However, would it be better and more acceptable if Madeleine simply lived in Sweden and only did engagements on the level that Sofia does?  Sofia and CP only work every so often yet it appears that their being supported by the apanage is well and good.  Would that make the public happy?  Just Madeleine being in Sweden?

Yeah, they should either assign funds directly to each royal, say 'Madde bills us directly for her clothing and transportation tickets for this event and get's nothing else', or have CG be more clear on what pays what. Madde is wealthy, her hubby es wealthy.. so why there is the misconception that the swedish taxpayers pay for her lifestyle?

What they need is a line items for "The Prince Couple" and one for "Princess Madeleine or The Princess Couple".  That way every year it would be very clear how much is being spent on each couple.  Also they should say how many staff each have and what the staffing cost is.

Office of The Prince Couple
The Prince Couple (personal expenses or whatever they call it)

Office of Princess Madeleine
Princess Madeleine (personal expenses or whatever they call it)
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #4621 on: March 11, 2019, 06:08:35 PM »

I always find it interesting that these stories fail to report that Madeleine is independently wealthy and has access to her portfolio and funds.  I believe at the last report on the SRF's investment wealth, Madeleine came out on top of the three kids with more than 20 million USD to her own name.  Then we can add in to the equation the independent wealth that Christopher has (he has money - he made an initial donation to Childhood of 100,000 USD after meeting Madeleine). 

Yet, this money isn't enough to be able to fund their lives in the States...what a crock.

I also think that there should be more transparency in the apanage funds, if only to clear up misconceptions about where the taxpayer funds go.  However, would it be better and more acceptable if Madeleine simply lived in Sweden and only did engagements on the level that Sofia does?  Sofia and CP only work every so often yet it appears that their being supported by the apanage is well and good.  Would that make the public happy?  Just Madeleine being in Sweden?

Yeah, they should either assign funds directly to each royal, say 'Madde bills us directly for her clothing and transportation tickets for this event and get's nothing else', or have CG be more clear on what pays what. Madde is wealthy, her hubby es wealthy.. so why there is the misconception that the swedish taxpayers pay for her lifestyle?

The fact that Chris is wealthy is always, always ignored by the Swedish media. They focus on his company and assume that since Wilton Payments is not making a lot of money, it means that Madeleine and Chris is living solely off the Swedish taxpayers.

More transparency regarding the apanage is absolutely needed.
Oh_Caroline

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #4622 on: March 11, 2019, 06:15:06 PM »

If Maddie does have $20M+ USD with a good brooker she's probably making $2M USD every year (10% return).  Around half will go to taxes $1M USD and then she should really let half of the remainder continue to grow ($500K USD).  That would easily leave $500K USD to support the family.  Heck even half that would keep them comfortable with her appange cover official trips to Sweden and her Nobel gowns.
SnorkMaiden

Baby Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #4623 on: March 11, 2019, 06:55:21 PM »

My theory is that the media go after Madeleine about the money over and over again because she hasn't owned her "party princess" past. If she would admit that she lived a bit more reckelessly before becoming a mother of three, then I think most of the stories about money and spending would go away.
And I think that the reason because they are being harder about the past on Madeleine than on Sofia, is that Sweden being a country that values equality, it looks a bit less worse if you "attack" those who are more equal than others, instead of hunting down the commoner.
But I think that Sofia would be next, if they would get Madeleine sorted out first. So Madde, please mumble a sorry and then it would be Sofias turn to get the headlines
BUT, this is all just speculation that should not be taken seriously  Grin
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4624 on: March 11, 2019, 07:19:43 PM »

My theory is that the media go after Madeleine about the money over and over again because she hasn't owned her "party princess" past. If she would admit that she lived a bit more reckelessly before becoming a mother of three, then I think most of the stories about money and spending would go away.
And I think that the reason because they are being harder about the past on Madeleine than on Sofia, is that Sweden being a country that values equality, it looks a bit less worse if you "attack" those who are more equal than others, instead of hunting down the commoner.
But I think that Sofia would be next, if they would get Madeleine sorted out first. So Madde, please mumble a sorry and then it would be Sofias turn to get the headlines

This is my theory as well.  Yes
Besides people feel more attached to people who had a hard time in life. Vic had her health problems (dyslexia, anorexia etc.) and was never known as lazy. Madeleine had it all (freedom, beauty, health) and did (a long time at least) nothing.
karma chamelion

Medium Member

Harry 'Hotspur' Percy

Ignore
« Reply #4625 on: March 11, 2019, 07:22:29 PM »

Besides people feel more attached to people who had a hard time in life. Vic had her health problems (dyslexia, anorexia etc.) and was never known as lazy. Madeleine had it all (freedom, beauty, health) and did (a long time at least) nothing.

LOL best laugh I've had all day, thanks ladies!

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
genegal43

Large Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #4626 on: March 11, 2019, 07:57:24 PM »

Star  Fascinating theory SnorkMaiden!  That's probably a part of the puzzle as to why Madde gets shredded in the press.

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Eve

Small Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #4627 on: March 12, 2019, 08:16:17 AM »

I've sometimes wondered why Madde gets so ruthlessly shredded by the press and my theory is that the press sees that no one protects her from their nasty attacks. She's an easy target and many people want to see beautiful and rich people live in misery [why else those nasty rags are so popular?]. Its easier to pick on someone who has good looks - I seriously doubt they would pay any attention to her if she looked ugly, fat, and unattractive!
Madeleine is also unlucky to be the younger sister of future queen [Victoria has totally diffferent role-position from her siblings!], she's always compared to her older sis and come off second-best.
Madeleine also isn't too open to the press as Sofia, so they may feel left out.
If only Madeleine's "party princess" past had caused this kind of attacks, then Sofia with her wild and shady past should be teared to rags. I doubt Madeleine has done half of what Sofia has done in her youth, and I'm not even going to mention Ssss's lack of morals, ethics, etc  

BTW: I would also like to see more transparency regarding the apanage. Why the big secrecy I do not understand!
Kristallinchen

Large Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #4628 on: March 12, 2019, 08:37:29 AM »

I've sometimes wondered why Madde gets so ruthlessly shredded by the press and my theory is that the press sees that no one protects her from their nasty attacks. She's an easy target and many people want to see beautiful and rich people live in misery [why else those nasty rags are so popular?]. Its easier to pick on someone who has good looks - I seriously doubt they would pay any attention to her if she looked ugly, fat, and unattractive!
Madeleine is also unlucky to be the younger sister of future queen [Victoria has totally diffferent role-position from her siblings!], she's always compared to her older sis and come off second-best.
If only Madeleine's "party princess" past had caused this kind of attacks, then Sofia with her wild and shady past should be teared to rags. I doubt Madeleine has done half of what Sofia has done in her youth, and I'm not even going to mention Ssss's lack of morals, ethics, etc  

BTW: I would also like to see more transparency regarding the apanage. Why the big secrecy I do not understand!

So true and congrats on your 500. Champagne Star

Join in for #TeamTessy
Eve

Small Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #4629 on: March 12, 2019, 09:04:38 AM »

So true and congrats on your 500. Champagne Star

Thank you  Star  Champagne
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4630 on: March 12, 2019, 10:34:37 AM »

Well said!
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Huge Member

United States United States

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #4631 on: March 12, 2019, 10:52:09 AM »

Is the King so insistent on keeping those numbers private, not because of what Madde gets for working, but because of how much CP gets...for absolutely nothing?

Eve

Small Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #4632 on: March 12, 2019, 11:13:10 AM »

Is the King so insistent on keeping those numbers private, not because of what Madde gets for working, but because of how much CP gets...for absolutely nothing?

Somehow I rather bet on the second option. Also interesting to know who finances CP's car crashing rally hobby. Rally is expensive pastime to have.
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #4633 on: March 12, 2019, 11:46:12 AM »

Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #4634 on: March 12, 2019, 11:53:22 AM »

She’s so beautiful and I think she looks like a great mom as well.

Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: