Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine's news  (Read 1138934 times)
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #4830 on: April 24, 2020, 11:16:25 AM »

Sofia did something very good and usefull by helping in the hospital. It was wonderfull and it had a practical impact. IMO part of it it's ruined now, because of the article comparing her with Maddie. She didn't need that. She could set her own image without any comparison with anyone else. If this comes from S, shame on her. If this comes from the tabloids just because they can and they didn't have anything else to write, shame on them.

If Sofia is behind these attacks than everything good she supposedly did is for nothing. Who wants a saint, who's acting like the devil are the mess has ended?
I agree with you but as far as I understand, swedish public doesn't agree with Maddie's decision to move out of Sweden, so the swedish taxpayers maybe support what the article says.

Queenís Tea

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4831 on: April 24, 2020, 12:21:42 PM »

Sofia did something very good and usefull by helping in the hospital. It was wonderfull and it had a practical impact. IMO part of it it's ruined now, because of the article comparing her with Maddie. She didn't need that. She could set her own image without any comparison with anyone else. If this comes from S, shame on her. If this comes from the tabloids just because they can and they didn't have anything else to write, shame on them.

If Sofia is behind these attacks than everything good she supposedly did is for nothing. Who wants a saint, who's acting like the devil are the mess has ended?
I agree with you but as far as I understand, swedish public doesn't agree with Maddie's decision to move out of Sweden, so the swedish taxpayers maybe support what the article says.

Thatís true - we donít know the source for certain, and it would make a huge difference if we did.

Itís unfortunate the Swedish public is so critical of Madeleine for her decision.  But if this is the kind of nonsense she has to deal with, sheís better off where she is. 
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #4832 on: April 24, 2020, 01:04:32 PM »

Madeleine is about as popular as CP and Sofia. Sofia might gain points for her helping which is fair enough. But the press clearly has an agenda concerning Madeleine, CP and Sofia. IMO the population doesnít care very much about any of them so itís an extremely biased agenda suggesting continuously that Madeleine isnít popular and is loosing support and that Sofia and CP are popular. None of them are and people care very little.

Incidentally those media people who criticise Madeleine are the same who praise Sofia. Itís easy to connect the dots here.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4833 on: April 24, 2020, 02:10:49 PM »

Madeleine is about as popular as CP and Sofia. Sofia might gain points for her helping which is fair enough. But the press clearly has an agenda concerning Madeleine, CP and Sofia. IMO the population doesnít care very much about any of them so itís an extremely biased agenda suggesting continuously that Madeleine isnít popular and is loosing support and that Sofia and CP are popular. None of them are and people care very little.

Incidentally those media people who criticise Madeleine are the same who praise Sofia. Itís easy to connect the dots here.

Maddie made the choice to leave Sweden after the failed engagement .... went to US and married out ... husband not interested in being a handbag... good luck to them...  CP seems to be a dumbass ... wife is beyond any positive feedback.... presume the Nobels will be cancelled or scaled back to just recipients via web
jolene

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #4834 on: April 25, 2020, 02:20:02 AM »

Came across this and you can see Madde is perturbed by her brother around 2:37.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWyq8TxoXgg
Queenís Tea

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #4835 on: April 25, 2020, 06:26:41 AM »

Itís crazy how much younger everyone looks.  Astounding that was in 2004.  Boy, time really does fly. 
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #4836 on: April 25, 2020, 06:33:41 AM »

Everyone has proximity to Mary so I would be annoyed as well. Letizia looked fantastic.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4837 on: April 25, 2020, 07:07:45 AM »

And that hospital is the only charity that will except Sophia and it was basically forced on them by the King so her working there is not some big great PR win or anything
Mariola

Micro Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #4838 on: April 25, 2020, 01:15:38 PM »

I have not seen this video - thank you for putting it here. Actually Madeleine looks perturbed by almost everybody - for example she seems very unimpressed by Guillaume of Lux with Martha Louise and her husband from Norway a little bit later on.
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4839 on: April 25, 2020, 03:25:56 PM »

looks like he ""bowed"" to his sister...she also did not look appy at her brothers attitude..........maybe he was drunk like Freddy
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4840 on: April 26, 2020, 08:11:50 AM »

Madde had her fair share of mistakes but she has calmed down immensely.

She is no attention seeker, so I am surprised she is always dragged back for bad stories. It does not happen that much to other princesses, even ML is getting better press for her poor choices.

Maddes only chance to live outside the limelight was to leave Sweden. Considering there is her elder sister, her elder brother and 4 other grandchildren between her and the succession plus a husband on her side who was happy with what he was - Mr O'Neill. He is not sporting a title now without having lived in Sweden or speaking the language (can you imagine what would happen then) - he made a very clear and polite statement there. Thanks - but no thanks. They are raising their children in the US - far away from that circus - the kids won't have much connection to the SRF at all.

So also from that point of view the constant coverage is unfair. 
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #4841 on: April 26, 2020, 02:01:30 PM »

The problem is probably also that they, for some reason, wonít write about Sofia, wonít touch the king and queen and lastly that Victoria and Daniel, when it comes down to it, are super dull people. They work, yes, and are well liked. But theyíre not very exciting or anything like that.

So that leaves Madeleine. And she wonít - or canít - fight back.

Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4842 on: April 26, 2020, 02:14:58 PM »

The problem is probably also that they, for some reason, wonít write about Sofia, wonít touch the king and queen and lastly that Victoria and Daniel, when it comes down to it, are super dull people. They work, yes, and are well liked. But theyíre not very exciting or anything like that.

So that leaves Madeleine. And she wonít - or canít - fight back.

Poor CP is not heir as his sister got elevated over him ... so his father is not going to call anyone out. Maddie is the victim of the power play ...
kate_180

Baby Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #4843 on: April 26, 2020, 06:36:45 PM »

I donít understand why we allways have to mention Sofia in the Madeleine section.

I feel that everytime someone is critical of Madde , they allways have to mention Sofia.

The media is not horrible to Madeleine  and I donít think she is some victim please.
When it comes to media you canít expect to act as you want and then be surprise when they write less good things.
When it comes to media Sofia wins. Because the reason she is so nice to media is because she got something from it.

If Madeleine doesnít want to play this game fine for her, but then she shouldnít complain.

If Madeline has so much problem with being a princess , she can allways resign and become privatperson.

Because in the end Sofia is the winner. She is married to a rich prince and belongs to the societyís top.
Sofia knows that people are looking down at her and so on but she doesnít care.

Meanwhile Madde is nobody in Miami. Also her so called work with childhood 🤔
When she was living in Sweden + New York without children she was not famous for working hard.
Does anyone really believe that with 3 small children and Childhood doesnít even have a office in Miami that she is working so much ?!,?
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #4844 on: April 26, 2020, 06:59:28 PM »

That reads as quite a trolling post, sorry to say.

Madeleine is rich and married a rich guy so I doubt sheís jealous or loosing in anyway.
Also her husband married her with no need for her money and title, I doubt CP can say the same about his wife. I guess in the eyes of some people that makes Sofia a winner because she married up or something like that? Personally I would think itís a win marrying someone who certainly only married you for love, like Chris did.

The Swedish press is without any doubt shit towards Madeleine and Chris while it treats CP and Sofia with kid gloves. Itís very unequal treatment and thus worth discussing IMO. And since Madeleine is often treated liked shit by the press being compared to Sofia, thatís why those two are often discussed together here Wink

As for work - come on, you cannot have that rose-coloured glasses Sofia and CP barely works. Madeleine does not work that much either but it is as to say how much work she does for Childhood as the court has decided not to put it on her official agenda. Meanwhile Sofiaís work for PP countS as work.. Roll Eyes

Madeleine is a royal in her own right and will be so until she dies or the Swedish monarchy is abolished. I doubt you will find many Swedes who does not know her and have her entire life. She seems to want to move beyond that so I think sheís quite happy being a nobody in Florida.
Sofia married in. She is popular among some, notorious among others. Since she clearly loves being somebody she had better hope things will work out, once she and CP steps back as working royals as they have announced. Otherwise I guess she will be a bit of a looser by your definition..
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: