Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 336   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine's news  (Read 1321389 times)
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4935 on: April 26, 2021, 11:26:21 PM »

Wasnít there something about Chris not being allowed to work in Sweden or something similar that basically made it impossible for them to have a private existence in Sweden?  I probably have my wires crossed but I seem to remember that it wasnít as clear cut as the media likes to make it out to be.
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4936 on: April 27, 2021, 09:45:53 AM »

Wasnít there something about Chris not being allowed to work in Sweden or something similar that basically made it impossible for them to have a private existence in Sweden?  I probably have my wires crossed but I seem to remember that it wasnít as clear cut as the media likes to make it out to be.

This should be no problem because was a EU-citizen back then. The swedish tax declaration is not very private in Sweden, do you mean that? But he could have worked there. Sweden has a lot of rich people who are able to live with that.

I can kind of understand that sentiment - every country wants to believe their country is the best, so when a royal princess decides to peace out, I can see why the media would be like "how dare you say our country isn't good enough for you!"

Me too, besides her actions were not very sensitive back then. You can't have your cake and eat it, but she tried anyway. And it's very sad she never had a real job. CP and Madeleine never were prepared for the real life out there. No she ist an american house wife and he plays with cars and pretends to be a designer.
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4937 on: April 27, 2021, 11:15:41 AM »

This should be no problem because was a EU-citizen back then. The swedish tax declaration is not very private in Sweden, do you mean that? But he could have worked there. Sweden has a lot of rich people who are able to live with that.

I can kind of understand that sentiment - every country wants to believe their country is the best, so when a royal princess decides to peace out, I can see why the media would be like "how dare you say our country isn't good enough for you!"

Me too, besides her actions were not very sensitive back then. You can't have your cake and eat it, but she tried anyway. And it's very sad she never had a real job. CP and Madeleine never were prepared for the real life out there. No she ist an american house wife and he plays with cars and pretends to be a designer.

I seem to remember that if he was a Prince as per Daniel then he would have had to step back and not continued working? And his Swedish would have been limited at best. And if he denied the title and they decided to live there would his qualifications allowed him to work there in his career? They met in the US and became partners there ... no surprises they decided to stay... in time that might change?
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4938 on: April 27, 2021, 12:07:03 PM »

I seem to remember that if he was a Prince as per Daniel then he would have had to step back and not continued working? And his Swedish would have been limited at best. And if he denied the title and they decided to live there would his qualifications allowed him to work there in his career? They met in the US and became partners there ... no surprises they decided to stay... in time that might change?

They didn't stay, they have quite a journey behind them: NY, London, Stockholm, London (again IIRC), Florida. But I really hope for them they have found their place. Smiley
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #4939 on: April 27, 2021, 12:42:52 PM »

I believe Chris is actually a Brit and the rather consistent portrayal of him as an American in the press strikes me as a wee bit of nationalistic xenophobia from the Swedish press.

IIRC he was offered to be a duke. He talked once about wanting to provide for his family, something else he was side eyed for in the Swedish press. I love our Swedish sister people but at times they have a severe blind spot for how the rest of the world might not work as Sweden. Itís pretty odd to blame a (n obviously very) private man for wanting to take care of his family in accordance with his (and his wifeís) values. The contrast to CP and Sofia is stark. They barely work, certainly not enough to provide for their current lifestyle and with Alexanderís dukedom even one of their children will likely also be provided for by the public.

And still we have only these discussions about Madeleine and Chris.. Beer Roll Eyes
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4940 on: April 27, 2021, 04:14:32 PM »

They didn't stay, they have quite a journey behind them: NY, London, Stockholm, London (again IIRC), Florida. But I really hope for them they have found their place. Smiley

My mistake... but despite the travels apparently the US is what works for them for several years again... a private life apparently is what they want and have there ... and with travel restrictions I imagine they will stay for the immediate time
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4941 on: April 27, 2021, 06:04:13 PM »

I am not a fan of Madeleine (no secret  ) but leaving Sweden was a clever decision. I mean first of all after the failed engagement with Jonas she had left anyway and she had already moved to New York.

She was needed when it was not clear if Victoria would have children (or a spare) in case people rejected Princess Sofia - but this did not happen. Sweden has only 10 million inhabitants, there is certainly no need for four working royals, leave alone six. There is no existing Europan monarchy where the third child is of importance (Netherlands: even after Friso died there was no need for Constantijn to step up - and they have 17 million inhabitants - Wax and Max just seem to manage fine with Bea), Denmark even stopped giving official engagements to the spare, Norway never had a spare spare and ML is a total lost cause, MM, sick, ....

She would have forever been the "daugher of" or "sister of" without many advantages. Plus: She and Chris have the press against them. They made mistakes. But she is trying to make up, but is not successful. Somehow the press loves Sofia and CP (even though Madeleine looked like the perfect princess in ball gowns). You also have to think of the children: In Florida they grow up in a nice safe environment and can be "normal", something they could not do in Sweden.

Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4942 on: April 27, 2021, 06:30:13 PM »

Wasn’t there something about Chris not being allowed to work in Sweden or something similar that basically made it impossible for them to have a private existence in Sweden?  I probably have my wires crossed but I seem to remember that it wasn’t as clear cut as the media likes to make it out to be.

I found it.  I was looking at the Chris thread and as soon as their engagement was announced the press started making trouble, claiming that as he was marrying into the royal family it would be inappropriate for the company he was working for to represent or do business with a Swedish company or a company with a substantial presence in Sweden.  He ended up leaving the company he was working for.

So because of who he married, he’s basically unable to work in Sweden, with a Sweden company, or with any company with a substantial presence in Sweden.  That would make it difficult to live in Sweden.  Thanks to the press the only options they had that would enable them to live in Sweden were to either live off the taxpayers or for Chris to find a different job that the press approved of (ie no longer be in finance). 
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 07:46:20 PM by Oh_Caroline » Logged
anneboleyn

Warned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4943 on: April 27, 2021, 07:38:39 PM »

Yeah, they can hardly be faulted for leaving. If they had stayed and lived off tax payer money, they would have been crucified.

ďAnd she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.Ē - Annabelle M. Ramos
kate_180

Warned
Micro Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #4944 on: April 27, 2021, 08:25:55 PM »

I found it.  I was looking at the Chris thread and as soon as their engagement was announced the press started making trouble, claiming that as he was marrying into the royal family it would be inappropriate for the company he was working for to represent or do business with a Swedish company or a company with a substantial presence in Sweden.  He ended up leaving the company he was working for.

So because of who he married, heís basically unable to work in Sweden, with a Sweden company, or with any company with a substantial presence in Sweden.  That would make it difficult to live in Sweden.  Thanks to the press the only options they had that would enable them to live in Sweden were to either live off the taxpayers or for Chris to find a different job that the press approved of (ie no longer be in finance). 

That is not true because it was after the wedding, it was revealed Chris had quit his job before he married Madeleine.

Chris then said he is working as ď business angelĒ and also some of the company he invested was known for unethical stuff like exploring poor people.
Because of that Chris said he will not invested in Swedish company.
Chris is allowed to work in Sweden, Jonas Bergstrom is working as a business-lawyer so if Jonas could work than Chris could also work in Sweden.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #4945 on: April 27, 2021, 08:30:24 PM »

What Jonas does now is completely irrelevant? Youíre starting to sound awfully troll-like. RD is not a hate board, please remember that!
kate_180

Warned
Micro Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #4946 on: April 27, 2021, 08:37:47 PM »

I believe Chris is actually a Brit and the rather consistent portrayal of him as an American in the press strikes me as a wee bit of nationalistic xenophobia from the Swedish press.

IIRC he was offered to be a duke. He talked once about wanting to provide for his family, something else he was side eyed for in the Swedish press. I love our Swedish sister people but at times they have a severe blind spot for how the rest of the world might not work as Sweden. Itís pretty odd to blame a (n obviously very) private man for wanting to take care of his family in accordance with his (and his wifeís) values. The contrast to CP and Sofia is stark. They barely work, certainly not enough to provide for their current lifestyle and with Alexanderís dukedom even one of their children will likely also be provided for by the public.

And still we have only these discussions about Madeleine and Chris.. Beer Roll Eyes

Maria, I appreciate the work you are doing for this site.

But I donít understand why you are constantly bring up C-P and Sofia in the Madeleine forum. Just because we criticize Madeleine it doesnít mean we like C-P and Sofia.
If people want to criticize CP and Sofia, they have their own thread.

Some of the reasons people arenít criticizing CP as much as Madeleine has always complained and mentioned how hard it is being a princess and blabla. This is not completely Madeleines fault but tax money paying expensive wedding and christians for 3 children that are living abroad is why so many have more issues with her than CP.
Also if Madeleine have so many issues being a princess,  why havenít she then removed her title. Nobody is forcing her to be a princess.
 We have had the exact same conversation before. I call that trolling.
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4947 on: April 27, 2021, 08:50:46 PM »

But I donít understand why you are constantly bring up C-P and Sofia in the Madeleine forum. Just because we criticize Madeleine it doesnít mean we like C-P and Sofia.

Some of the reasons people arenít criticizing CP as much as Madeleine has always complained and mentioned how hard it is being a princess and blabla. This is not completely Madeleines fault but tax money paying expensive wedding and christians for 3 children that are living abroad is why so many have more issues with her than CP.
Also if Madeleine have so many issues being a princess,  why havenít she then removed her title. Nobody is forcing her to be a princess.

I think it's very sad she doesn't have a job. Even at childhood she fades more and more into the backround. She could do wonderful things with her title. Her mother ist not perfect but she did amazing things. She could have followed her. Instead Sof takes over.  No The people always considered her as superficial, I fear they were right.  Sad
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #4948 on: April 27, 2021, 08:52:03 PM »

The repeated stale arguments against Madeleine are extremely tiresome. Move on.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #4949 on: April 27, 2021, 08:56:34 PM »

I think it's very sad she doesn't have a job. Even at childhood she fades more and more into the backround. She could do wonderful things with her title. Her mother ist not perfect but she did amazing things. She could have followed her. Instead Sof takes over.  No The people always considered her as superficial, I fear they were right.  Sad

Sheís a SAHM with three children who works actively behind the scenes in Childhood. She is doing a difference with the work she does for Childhood and the other causes she supports. Being a princess by birth doesnít come with requirements or a ďhow to planĒ. There are quite a few princesses and princes around who are very much of the grid. As is their right. Yet itís only Madeleine who gets discussed like this. I donít get it.

ETA AFAIR it was CG who insisted on a public wedding. Leonore was essentially the spare when she was born. Again and again Madeleine is getting the blame for things that arenít entirely up to her. I am neither here or there about her but the discussion is honestly slightly bizarre and certainly not founded on facts.
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 336   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: