Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 336   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine's news  (Read 1349156 times)
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4950 on: April 27, 2021, 09:11:28 PM »

To give her credit - she is way more normal than a lot of other spares or spare spares.

At least she is not using the limelight for some weird designs or other jobs/ businesses (like her brother), to sport her unsuitable spouse (like her brother), to take away from attention for her sister (like her brother and Sophia). She lives in California and does not work (much) but she does not bother anyone with dating a flashy kind of guy (like the Shamane), her husband seems to have a decent job to earn a considerable lifestyle (not like Inaki), ...

Chris simply does not seem to be bothered with the royal "circus" at all in a very positive way - not once did he pretend he was, he did accept a title and then changed his mind, he was just Chris all along and showed no interest whatsoever.

I think in the years to come the kids will use the chances America gives them (and Sweden would not, because there they would always be the grandchildren of the king) and Chris will make sure they are normal working citizens working for their wealth and not feel entitled at all.

About working more: I think the "market" in Sweden is totally saturated. There are CG + Sylvia, Victoria + Daniel (and there it should stop) but there are Sophia + CP to an extend that makes you wonder. None of their involvment is necessary, there are currently four full-time adult royals working. But we have this discussed before.

Madeleine since her wedding does not create positive PR for the Swedish royal family - whenever she sets a foot into the country she gets heavily critizised - bringing her in more would just make sense if she was popular - which she clearly isn't (at least not with the press). She could be the star at any tiara event but that would not be fair on her sister and take away focus. So -if she is okay with that- the best thing for her is to stay in Florida, enjoy life, Chris and the children and a very generous life style.

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #4951 on: April 28, 2021, 06:40:21 AM »

Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4952 on: April 28, 2021, 10:08:39 AM »

To give her credit - she is way more normal than a lot of other spares or spare spares.

At least she is not using the limelight for some weird designs or other jobs/ businesses (like her brother), to sport her unsuitable spouse (like her brother), to take away from attention for her sister (like her brother and Sophia). She lives in California and does not work (much) but she does not bother anyone with dating a flashy kind of guy (like the Shamane), her husband seems to have a decent job to earn a considerable lifestyle (not like Inaki), ...

Chris simply does not seem to be bothered with the royal "circus" at all in a very positive way - not once did he pretend he was, he did accept a title and then changed his mind, he was just Chris all along and showed no interest whatsoever.

I think in the years to come the kids will use the chances America gives them (and Sweden would not, because there they would always be the grandchildren of the king) and Chris will make sure they are normal working citizens working for their wealth and not feel entitled at all.

About working more: I think the "market" in Sweden is totally saturated. There are CG + Sylvia, Victoria + Daniel (and there it should stop) but there are Sophia + CP to an extend that makes you wonder. None of their involvment is necessary, there are currently four full-time adult royals working. But we have this discussed before.

Madeleine since her wedding does not create positive PR for the Swedish royal family - whenever she sets a foot into the country she gets heavily critizised - bringing her in more would just make sense if she was popular - which she clearly isn't (at least not with the press). She could be the star at any tiara event but that would not be fair on her sister and take away focus. So -if she is okay with that- the best thing for her is to stay in Florida, enjoy life, Chris and the children and a very generous life style.

ITA with you. It would be ridiculous to work as royal in this little country. Sad enough she did not choose a real job and I really think that is the reason why swedish women cannot connect with her. You are right, her best step was to move away.
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4953 on: April 28, 2021, 10:56:35 AM »

ITA with you. It would be ridiculous to work as royal in this little country. Sad enough she did not choose a real job and I really think that is the reason why swedish women cannot connect with her. You are right, her best step was to move away.

I have some sympathy for her .. she was engaged to a Swede who cheated on her and was publicly exposed... no surprise she left the small country where she would come across him all too often... she “worked” for a charity her mother established... in reality how is she different to anyone else in the same space? I have no idea what her academic qualifications or abilities are ... so if she got a job due to her family rather than ability then she would be called out. And I cannot see how any Swedish woman would look at Sofia and think her “job” was anything to even vaguely support... but I guess she gets a “pass” as she got CP .... ☹️
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4954 on: April 28, 2021, 11:59:17 AM »

A lot of royal houses failed to prepare their spares for a life outside the royal circus. The ones that did were very successful (e.g. the Netherlands). I think that might be because the previous generation was different and there was not such a strict distinction between heir and spare. Until not so long ago Jokke + Marie worked for the DRF, ML did public engagements (now and then, ...).

Silvia might be a great Queen but I think when it comes to motherhood there were problems. I think Madde very much followed mom's example: marry rich and be a bit entitled (to be fair the real entitled years are behind her). It is a lifestyle. As Chris is funding her ... it is her private choice.

I prefer her not working to the kind of work her brother does (designing, car-racing) or ML (writing books, talking to angels). A lot of educated young royal woman are not working because they don't have to to earn money (Beatrice York, well, even Catherine Cambridge spend a decade of her life to hang about until Wills popped the question).
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #4955 on: April 28, 2021, 12:55:17 PM »

Madeleine has a university degree. AFAIK she’s the only one of the three who isn’t dyslexic and I think she did quite okay with her studies. She also has her own money, IIRC her stock portfolio is the most successful of the three children. If you add Chris’s economy they are likely living quite well with little need of more direct support from the bank of Sweden. You could argue that working for Childhood is a bit of a luxury but it’s a worthy organisation, it continues her mother’s work, it’s classic princess work and it perhaps saves the organisation some money so it’s not too bad.

Spares are often in a difficult position, I can think of many who does next to nothing and certainly many who work much less than Madeleine and cost taxpayers more.
Ginger

Small Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #4956 on: April 28, 2021, 03:49:49 PM »

I'd say Childhood, working against abuse of children, is quite astounding in the royal context.
Silvia was once asked how she could bear the knowledge of the atrocities going on.
She said if the children had to survive all that, she could certainly manage to try and do her bit to help.
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4957 on: April 28, 2021, 04:00:29 PM »

I'd say Childhood, working against abuse of children, is quite astounding in the royal context.
Silvia was once asked how she could bear the knowledge of the atrocities going on.
She said if the children had to survive all that, she could certainly manage to try and do her bit to help.

ITA, I admire Silvia for that. 20 years ago this issue was taboo. She really made a difference there.
anneboleyn

Warned
Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4958 on: April 28, 2021, 04:18:43 PM »

Madeleine's eyes are just so damn beautiful.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4959 on: April 28, 2021, 04:21:37 PM »

First of all, Madeleine doesn't have to get a job if she doesn't want to.  She has personal money and she has a husband that provides for her family.  

I am baffled as to why Madeleine should be expected to get a job when I have three women on my very own street who don't work because their husbands do and they stay home with the children.

Second of all, stating that she doesn't have a job when she is a full time mother to three children, the oldest being just 7, is offensive.  It's offensive to me and I think other mothers, working or not would say that having children is a full time job.

Thirdly, attempting to drag Jonas Bergstrom and the cluster that was their relationship/engagement back up as some kind of justification of Madeleine's choices is ridiculous. Jonas was another lifetime ago and that conversation should stay there.

As Maria and I have both stated, Madeleine's personal wealth is such that she doesn't have to work.  She could have gotten a job but she herself stated on Skavlan, that she wanted to be home and present for her children as they grew in a way that her parents were not due to their jobs.

She chooses to "work" in charity without a salary for a cause that she believes in wholeheartedly and wants to make a difference in.  Childhood has done some amazing things around the world and Madeleine has been in the back working on such programs for over a decade.

Do upper class women whose husbands work full time while they stay home and look after children, not even working in charity, get the same disdain from everyone?

Would everyone honestly not be even more angry and appalled, had Madeleine decided to stay in Sweden, living fully off taxpayer funds instead of her personal wealth, doing the odd bit of engagement here and there to justify the costs of her life on the public?  No, literally, everyone would be jumping on the hate Madeleine train asking why the hell she is attempting to royal as the eighth in line to the throne.

Madeleine's life and her choices are not impacting anyone in Sweden in even the remotest sense - I'm even tempted to say that we shouldn't even be dishing on her anymore because she lives privately.  Thus, I am boggled by the attempts to continue to criticise her and her choices.  

Again, she literally has no impact on anything.  

Just leave her be.
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4960 on: April 28, 2021, 04:48:15 PM »

Of course she can do what she wants. It's the public opinion I'm talking about. Some people here seem to wonder why the swedish people and the press don't like her. IMO the reasons are quite simple:

The swedish society is a rather equal society and most women work. I can fully understand why they find her irritating. She used to be a brat, I'm sure she matured, but as Miss Marple wrote, she did a lot of mistakes. She was known as superficial and arrogant, complained about being a princess and didn't get a job like normal people. So it was never clear what she really wanted to do with her life. Finding a rich husband? This is a very un-swedish goal for a women. (For example it's a running gag in american shows: the mean-goal of finding a husband who is a doctor. in Sweden is the goal to BE a doctor. At least at the normative level).

Perhaps she changed, but she never was able to show it. She only came back for a big wedding and the christenings. (Not only her fault, I know.) She did one interview with a paper and this Skavlan-interview. And then she left. In these days most Swedes simply don't care what she is doing IMO.

Again, this is not necessarily my opinion, just my observations of the situation. Smiley
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4961 on: April 28, 2021, 04:52:38 PM »

First of all, Madeleine doesn't have to get a job if she doesn't want to.  She has personal money and she has a husband that provides for her family.  

I am baffled as to why Madeleine should be expected to get a job when I have three women on my very own street who don't work because their husbands do and they stay home with the children.

Second of all, stating that she doesn't have a job when she is a full time mother to three children, the oldest being just 7, is offensive.  It's offensive to me and I think other mothers, working or not would say that having children is a full time job.

Thirdly, attempting to drag Jonas Bergstrom and the cluster that was their relationship/engagement back up as some kind of justification of Madeleine's choices is ridiculous. Jonas was another lifetime ago and that conversation should stay there.

As Maria and I have both stated, Madeleine's personal wealth is such that she doesn't have to work.  She could have gotten a job but she herself stated on Skavlan, that she wanted to be home and present for her children as they grew in a way that her parents were not due to their jobs.

She chooses to "work" in charity without a salary for a cause that she believes in wholeheartedly and wants to make a difference in.  Childhood has done some amazing things around the world and Madeleine has been in the back working on such programs for over a decade.

Do upper class women whose husbands work full time while they stay home and look after children, not even working in charity, get the same disdain from everyone?

Would everyone honestly not be even more angry and appalled, had Madeleine decided to stay in Sweden, living fully off taxpayer funds instead of her personal wealth, doing the odd bit of engagement here and there to justify the costs of her life on the public?  No, literally, everyone would be jumping on the hate Madeleine train asking why the hell she is attempting to royal as the eighth in line to the throne.

Madeleine's life and her choices are not impacting anyone in Sweden in even the remotest sense - I'm even tempted to say that we shouldn't even be dishing on her anymore because she lives privately.  Thus, I am boggled by the attempts to continue to criticise her and her choices.  

Again, she literally has no impact on anything.  

Just leave her be.

My comments on her previous life were in the sense of understanding why she wanted to be outside of Sweden at that point in time and in response to a comment that seemed negative about her choice to live elsewhere. Many people who have difficult circumstances take time out away from home as it is best for them. If they decide to continue a life elsewhere then that is their choice.
Eve

Large Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #4962 on: April 28, 2021, 05:32:33 PM »

I entirely agree with things said  (Maria, Antevorta, Caroline    Star).
Its good to see Madeleine being well and content with her life and family. It was so annoying the way the Swedish press, e.g Stoppapresserna created nasty gossip headlines about Maddy and Chris. Now that they are away from Sweden, there seem to be less trashy news about them. I'm sure they love more peaceful life [as peaceful as life with three little kids can be Wink
I'm sure Madeleine knows that people like to pick on her and she's not very popular in Sweden [for her information: there are lot of people who like her and enjoy seeing her around!].  But what can she do when she's not really needed? She's not the heir nor the spare or even the spare's spare. Her sister is the future queen, not her! Its been told over and over again that the working royals are GC, Silvia, Victoria and Daniel. Obvious choice is to draw back. Be there when needed, work with the charities, support her patronages. CP and Sofia are not really needed, yet, they push themselves everywhere. Are they more dependent financially, i.e they work, they get paid?
As to finding a rich husband and this being a very un-swedish goal for a women... why Sofia Hellqvist wasn't informed about that  Halo Wink Besides lots of women stay at home with their children because they want to.
anneboleyn

Warned
Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4963 on: April 28, 2021, 06:28:42 PM »

CP and Sofia are not really needed, yet, they push themselves everywhere.

Do we have any actual proof of this? I feel like a lot of the time CP/Sofia are criticized for being present at an event when the higher ups (aka CG or Victoria) have requested they be there.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4964 on: April 28, 2021, 07:24:09 PM »

CP and Sofia are not really needed, yet, they push themselves everywhere.

Do we have any actual proof of this? I feel like a lot of the time CP/Sofia are criticized for being present at an event when the higher ups (aka CG or Victoria) have requested they be there.

I think they are prepared to step up. Silvia is 77 years and CG 74 years old. Estelle only 9. They will be needed more and more in the years to come. If we like it or not. Sad
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 336   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: