Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine's news  (Read 1481835 times)
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #5145 on: July 12, 2022, 06:13:46 AM »

Victoria should not be forgotten. She is the future Queen Regnant.

was this one of the reasons Vikky developed her eating disorder?

G

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
emtishell

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #5146 on: July 12, 2022, 06:58:57 AM »

G

Who knows? Both Vic and Madde spoke in interviews a few years ago, basically about their awful childhood.

Remember CP was born Crown Prince, and held that position for 7 months. The issue should have been sorted before his birth.

I get the feeling both girls were treated badly and CP has been the favoured child from the start.
cecile

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #5147 on: July 12, 2022, 07:29:51 AM »

G

Who knows? Both Vic and Madde spoke in interviews a few years ago, basically about their awful childhood.

Remember CP was born Crown Prince, and held that position for 7 months. The issue should have been sorted before his birth.

I get the feeling both girls were treated badly and CP has been the favoured child from the start.

Wasn’t there a story about Silvia hiding food from Victoria during this times?

To make your own daughter wait almost ten years to marry the man she loves and who is standing on his own two feet and owns a business tells a lot about Silvia and CG. And I always thought that they took them the possibility of having more children cause both said before the wedding that they would love to have a lots of kids and the gap between E and O and Vic during this time make me believe that getting pregnant mid thirty was quite hard for her.
Madeleine had the luck not being the heir and all in all not really needed the permission to marry and I could imagine she was engaged and told her parents afterwards and they decided before on more scandal of a Princess marrying without permission the story will be of cause they’re delighted and gave their permission.
Princess MS

Warned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #5148 on: July 12, 2022, 08:21:18 AM »

G

It was known before he was born that Vic would be Queen - the legislation was still going through the approval process - first child to inherit, and a younger brother would not take precedence. So yes he was CP for a few months but barring something happening to Vic he was not going to keep that status.

It was known that CG was not happy about his son losing his status and I suspect he had hoped that the new legislation would apply to future generations but not to his children. The Swedish Government did not agree.  As it turned out CP is hardly suited to being Crown Prince - he does not appear to have the intellectual capacity to do more than ceremonial things. 
ralf103

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5149 on: July 12, 2022, 12:03:51 PM »

if you take ceremonial to mean looking presentable I'd say CP can't even do that while he keeps dipping his hair in grease
Princess MS

Warned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #5150 on: July 12, 2022, 12:18:49 PM »

if you take ceremonial to mean looking presentable I'd say CP can't even do that while he keeps dipping his hair in grease

Well maybe that is the fashion there ? Dan also has a greasy look
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #5151 on: July 13, 2022, 07:45:11 AM »

G

It was known before he was born that Vic would be Queen
- the legislation was still going through the approval process - first child to inherit, and a younger brother would not take precedence. So yes he was CP for a few months but barring something happening to Vic he was not going to keep that status.

It was known that CG was not happy about his son losing his status and I suspect he had hoped that the new legislation would apply to future generations but not to his children. The Swedish Government did not agree.  As it turned out CP is hardly suited to being Crown Prince - he does not appear to have the intellectual capacity to do more than ceremonial things. 

thx for this. can I ask why did the law change to allow a female and first born to inherit the throne? Confused Confused

Star PMS, Emtishell, ralf and cecile

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #5152 on: July 13, 2022, 09:52:15 AM »

G

It was known before he was born that Vic would be Queen
- the legislation was still going through the approval process - first child to inherit, and a younger brother would not take precedence. So yes he was CP for a few months but barring something happening to Vic he was not going to keep that status.

It was known that CG was not happy about his son losing his status and I suspect he had hoped that the new legislation would apply to future generations but not to his children. The Swedish Government did not agree.  As it turned out CP is hardly suited to being Crown Prince - he does not appear to have the intellectual capacity to do more than ceremonial things.  

thx for this. can I ask why did the law change to allow a female and first born to inherit the throne? Confused Confused

Star PMS, Emtishell, ralf and cecile

G Smiley

....Victoria was made crown princess on 1 January 1980 by the 1979 amendment to the Act of Succession of 1810 (Successionsordningen). This constitutional amendment introduced absolute primogeniture, meaning that the throne would be inherited by the monarch's eldest child without regard to gender. King Carl XVI Gustaf objected to the reform after it occurred—not because he objected to women entering the line of succession, but because he was upset about his son being stripped of the crown prince status he had held since birth...

As far as I remember, the number of male heirs to the throne in Sweden was very limited. In addition, CG herself was born after 4 daughters. In combination with the zeitgeist. This led to the amendment of the succession act, changing from Agnatic primogeniture to Absolute primogeniture.

Agnatic primogeniture:
"..Under agnatic primogeniture, or patrilineal primogeniture, the degree of kinship (of males and females) is determined by tracing shared descent from the nearest common ancestor through male ancestors.Those who share agnatic kinship (through solely male ancestors) are termed agnates; those whose shared lineage includes a female ancestor are cognates.
There were different types of succession based on agnatic primogeniture, all sharing the principle that inheritance is according to seniority of birth among siblings (compare to ultimogeniture) and seniority of lineage among the agnatic kin, firstly, among the sons of a monarch or head of family, with sons and their male-line issue inheriting before brothers and their issue. Females and matrilineal males are excluded from succession...."

Absolute primogeniture
"...Absolute, equal, or lineal primogeniture is a form of primogeniture in which sex is irrelevant for inheritance; the oldest surviving child without regard to sex inherits the throne...."

CG seemed to be surprised at how quickly the law went into effect/was put into effect. As a result, his only son lost his status as crown prince within a few months. It is public known that he wasn't happy about it.

Other countries which changed to absolute primogeniture soon followed, including the Netherlands and Norway. However, the change there did not come into effect until later. Usually the next generation. For example, Haakon remained crown prince and the status was not taken over by his older sister Märtha Louise. On the other hand, his daughter, his eldest child, is heir to the throne instead of her younger brother.

See:

https://en.wikipedia.org/...ion_to_the_Swedish_throne

It is a Wikipedia page about Succession to the Swedish throne.

....In 1979, the Riksdag introduced absolute primogeniture, meaning that the eldest child of the monarch, regardless of gender, is first in the line of succession. The change entered into force on 1 January 1980, making Sweden the first country to adopt absolute primogeniture. The Swedish crown had previously (since 1810) descended according to agnatic primogeniture, meaning that only males could inherit it. Though the change took effect in 1980, its application was backdated so that Crown Princess Victoria, who was born in 1977, became the first in line of succession, replacing her brother, Prince Carl Philip, who was born in 1979....

https://en.wikipedia.org/...Swedish_Act_of_Succession

A Wikipedia page about the Swedish Act of Succession.

...In 1980, the rule of succession was changed from agnatic primogeniture to absolute primogeniture. This change in effect made Victoria (born 1977) heir apparent and Crown Princess, passing over her younger brother Prince Carl Philip (born 1979) who had been the heir apparent and Crown Prince for less than one year....

« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 09:59:26 AM by Principessa » Logged
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #5153 on: July 13, 2022, 02:06:29 PM »

They knew it would happen and have still been upset about it ever since. Occasionally the SRF really comes across as extremely arrogant and very far removed from reality.
Princess MS

Warned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #5154 on: July 13, 2022, 02:47:49 PM »

They knew it would happen and have still been upset about it ever since. Occasionally the SRF really comes across as extremely arrogant and very far removed from reality.

Ideally it would have happened as soon as CG married.... but there was no question that CP would be the next in line for more than a few months.... as a baby he would have had no idea what changed... they should have made sure he was capable of an independent life both financially and personally... they failed
anneboleyn

Warned
Gigantic Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5155 on: July 13, 2022, 03:25:55 PM »

they failed

100%!

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #5156 on: August 19, 2022, 09:04:54 PM »

Madde and the kids were photographed outside their home in Stockholm last week

SvenskaSarah

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #5157 on: August 20, 2022, 05:01:44 PM »

Gosh Adrienne looks so grown up! I still think of her as a baby!
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5158 on: August 20, 2022, 06:40:54 PM »

Gosh Adrienne looks so grown up! I still think of her as a baby!

Isn't she gorgeous with those long curls?! I've always said she looks like a Botticelli angel.
I'm floored over and over again lately by how all these babies are growing. Babies of royals that I've watched since they were babies themselves. Makes me feel old!
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #5159 on: August 24, 2022, 01:47:57 PM »

Hilarious, I have the same clogs (shoes) as Madeleine. 
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: