Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 313   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine's news  (Read 1018359 times)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #4560 on: December 28, 2018, 08:48:24 PM »

If she was denied entry, she isn't a citizen.  Border officials cannot deny entry to US citizens.

I'm guessing a problem with her diplomatic passport perhaps?  Or, if she is a lawful permanent resident, a problem with her green card.

I don’t think she can possibly be a citizen, even though the US allows dual citizenship now I think you still have to give up foreign titles when you become a US citizen.

AFAIK the Title of Nobility Clause (https://en.wikipedia.org/.../Title_of_Nobility_Clause) is for government officials only.

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

I could of course be wrong...but Maddie would be fine...I think.

Anybody who becomes a US citizen has to promise not to swear allegiance to "Any foreign prince or potentate."  It's part of the actual vows.  I volunteer twice a year at local citizenship swearing-in ceremonies. 
Oh_Caroline

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #4561 on: December 28, 2018, 08:50:45 PM »

Good to know...not that I think citizenship is on her radar...but she could surprise us.
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4562 on: December 28, 2018, 10:37:43 PM »

So... however did they get ahold of that?

It's such an unimportant blip.

Antevorta

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #4563 on: December 28, 2018, 11:10:16 PM »

So, in other words, today is a day that ends in "y" and the shame/attack Madeleine train continues.

Yawn.

Thanks Sof.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #4564 on: December 28, 2018, 11:13:19 PM »

IIRC, Stoppapressarna is one of the magazines where Hoefia has a connection to someone on staff.  I'm not even kidding.
anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

Gone Too Soon!

Ignore
« Reply #4565 on: December 29, 2018, 12:00:35 AM »

Her having American citizen children and an American citizen husband isn't irrelevant to her immigration status.

But I agree there was no actual visa issue, but more likely she was delayed crossing the border.  Which happens to many non-citizens on a daily basis.

Interesting that the press makes this a big deal, slyly (or not so slyly) implying that trouble follows Maddy.  When will these Inspector Ratchets turn their attention to the true dumpster fire in the Swedish Royal Family.

IIRC, Hoefia has friends who work for this magazine.

There's no way they denied her entry.  She may have gotten delayed at Customs, which could and does happen to anybody, including American citizens.  I've had it happen to me personally after a visit to Cuba. 

This all sounds like BS and a desperate attempt to create a story where one simply doesn't exist.

I believe you Pixie.  I just don’t understand why Snakey thinks this will benefit her.

It makes Madeline look bad, and that ultimately reflects badly on the whole family. Make the family look bad enough times and maybe the Swedes decide they’re no longer needed (and aren’t they in enough trouble already?). 

Seems self defeating
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #4566 on: December 29, 2018, 09:15:47 AM »

IIRC, Stoppapressarna is one of the magazines where Hoefia has a connection to someone on staff.  I'm not even kidding.

You're probably thinking of Svensk Damtidning, where Sofia's biggest fan Lindwall works. I haven't heard anything about Stoppa pressarna having connections to Sofia, but you never know with her...
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #4567 on: December 29, 2018, 09:52:37 AM »

Doesn't Lindvall work for Stoppa pressarna now?
karma chamelion

Large Member

Harry 'Hotspur' Percy

Ignore
« Reply #4568 on: December 29, 2018, 09:56:11 AM »

Doesn't Lindvall work for Stoppa pressarna now?

I know he switched from one rag to another, but I don't remember which came first.

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #4569 on: December 29, 2018, 09:56:31 AM »

No, he's the editor-in-chief of Svensk Damtidning and has been since 2016. Before that, he used to work for Expressen.
Sondra Finchley

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4570 on: December 29, 2018, 10:42:00 AM »

Wasting time in my life to reread the blurb again - sounds like "when the trip was planned" - so that could have been months ago and her visa needed to be renewed or she had to apply for a different one or there was perhaps a renewal needed on the diplomatic passport. If her papers weren't in order she would not have been allowed to board in Stockholm in the first instance and that WOULD have made the normal newspapers.

Its a non-story blown up out of nothing, the nothing being something someone heard chatted about in bits around the family dinner table.

Forget the visa requirements, though, I want to know how large is their tax filing burden, considering the global investments and likely foreign accounts. Im sure its structured efficiently, but talk about complex!
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4571 on: December 29, 2018, 01:29:41 PM »

And it feeds into “ Trump hates immigrants, ahhhhhhh”
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4572 on: December 29, 2018, 05:27:59 PM »

If she was denied entry, she isn't a citizen.  Border officials cannot deny entry to US citizens.

I'm guessing a problem with her diplomatic passport perhaps?  Or, if she is a lawful permanent resident, a problem with her green card.

I don’t think she can possibly be a citizen, even though the US allows dual citizenship now I think you still have to give up foreign titles when you become a US citizen.

AFAIK the Title of Nobility Clause (https://en.wikipedia.org/.../Title_of_Nobility_Clause) is for government officials only.

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

I could of course be wrong...but Maddie would be fine...I think.

tell this to Trump.............he and his family love to "take gifts" from foreign governments and kings..................
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #4573 on: December 29, 2018, 07:04:40 PM »

You can call me TrollSpoon.
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #4574 on: January 21, 2019, 01:07:40 PM »

Madeleine is returning to Sweden in two weeks for the World Childhood Foundation's 20th anniversary charity dinner

https://www.svenskdam.se/...leine-ar-pa-vag-hem-igen/

Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 313   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: