Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 346   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine's news  (Read 1481864 times)
thecrownjewelthief

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5100 on: June 17, 2022, 12:53:06 AM »

Gorgeous dress and I LOVE that she goes "full-on princess" for these outings, even if they're at a stable!  (Good call on the sneakers, though!)

Yes, it's very much a princess look while practical for the outing! She looks gorgeous and it was probably such a treat for the kids.
CyrilSebastian

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5101 on: June 17, 2022, 01:07:06 AM »

The little girls look so sweet with their floral crowns.
Eve

Large Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #5102 on: June 17, 2022, 09:07:49 AM »

Madeleine looks lovely in her pink dress and practical sneakers. And when did her hair grow so long again?

It looks like the children's dreams came true; they had their fun and relaxing day running around with the princess. They all look so adorable! It is so sad to think that they may not get too many chances but wishing them all the best and more special moments in their hopefully long future  Hug

lyndell75

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #5103 on: June 17, 2022, 06:15:09 PM »

pink sneakers

TheMorWearsPrada

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #5104 on: June 20, 2022, 10:22:19 AM »

She looks so happy, relaxed and engaged. I love that she throws herself into these types of engagements, giving the children, and their families, some wonderful memories.

I know that she missed her son's birthday, but God willing, Nicolas will have many more birthdays to celebrate with his mum. These sick children may not get too many chances to have such a special day. Had Madde cancelled this engagement, she would (quite rightly imo) have received a very negative backlash for letting these children down. She made the right decision.

Many of us grew up with working mothers who celebrated our birthdays on the weekend before or after and turned out fine. It was pretty normal when I was a kid in the 90s and I imagine it is even more common now. Madde made the right choice, and I'm sure Nicholas was surrounded by love on his birthday.

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #5105 on: June 20, 2022, 11:17:20 AM »

Again, I feel this is a mother vs father thing:
My husband has never been able to take a day off for his daughter's birthdays or school events. And as far as I know apart from disappointed kids, he never ever received a "duh" from any of his workmates/peers. Now, on the other hand I struggled to be there every time (until they got older and had their own engagements) yet I got a lot of "such a shame you couldn't be here, this time with them being little is so precious and they do need their mom".

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #5106 on: June 20, 2022, 11:28:07 AM »

She looks so happy, relaxed and engaged. I love that she throws herself into these types of engagements, giving the children, and their families, some wonderful memories.

I know that she missed her son's birthday, but God willing, Nicolas will have many more birthdays to celebrate with his mum. These sick children may not get too many chances to have such a special day. Had Madde cancelled this engagement, she would (quite rightly imo) have received a very negative backlash for letting these children down. She made the right decision.

Many of us grew up with working mothers who celebrated our birthdays on the weekend before or after and turned out fine. It was pretty normal when I was a kid in the 90s and I imagine it is even more common now. Madde made the right choice, and I'm sure Nicholas was surrounded by love on his birthday.

Celebrate with friends, perhaps. But every child had some special thing on the actual birthday.
And I don't know any child, who was sick at home and had to celebrate with one parent alone, while the rest of the family was on the way to their holidays. Since we learned Madeleine had some engagement nobody here or in the swedish press criticised her.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #5107 on: June 20, 2022, 11:29:15 AM »

Again, I feel this is a mother vs father thing:
My husband has never been able to take a day off for his daughter's birthdays or school events. And as far as I know apart from disappointed kids, he never ever received a "duh" from any of his workmates/peers. Now, on the other hand I struggled to be there every time (until they got older and had their own engagements) yet I got a lot of "such a shame you couldn't be here, this time with them being little is so precious and they do need their mom".

It really is one of those items that keeps on going, that women/mothers are looked at for, but that it is not an issue at all for men/fathers. The first stay-at-home fathers were already there when I was a child, but they often looked at  strangely. Sometimes seen as a man who couldn't hold a job. Or perhaps someone whose wife earned more at her job. Still most of the time it was the mothers who stayed at home and/or both parents were working (mothers usually part-time). In my case my mother was a stay at home mother, it was only later that I really realized what she has done for us: i.a. reading mother in primary school; driving me and my teammates to gymnastics competitions; help with cleaning primary school and so on.

At the present time, the lives of the children seem to have become even busier, all kinds of lessons, training sessions, clubs, etc. And with them usually mother too, who often also works part time. I have heard of more and more fathers who make use of paternity leave (which has recently been extended in the Netherlands) to also keep themselves busy with the children and to spare mothers somewhat.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5108 on: June 20, 2022, 08:02:28 PM »

I think she did the right thing. How difficult it must have been to have coordinated the schedules of all the children who participated in the ``My Big Day'' event.  Given that many of them have complex medical problems or complicated home situations, once the day was selected, it would have been very difficult to rearrange it. And Madeline is, of course, the main attraction because she is every child's fantasy of a beautiful fair princess who, nevertheless, isn't too high and mighty to kneel down in the horse stables in her pretty pink dress to talk to children on their level. BIG WIN for Madeline in my book. 
ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #5109 on: June 20, 2022, 08:38:13 PM »

So Madeleine was working and had to miss her son's birthday (because he was ill and couldn't fly) while his father looked after him. I don't see the problem. If it was the other way around I feel no-one would have a problem with it. I don't see a problem at all. This was a big exciting day for a group of children who are very ill and would have been looking forward to it immensely. Madde made sure not to disappoint them  while ensuring her own son was looked after and likely had his own special day when he was better and well enough to join the rest of the family and be spoilt by his wider family.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5110 on: July 02, 2022, 04:28:45 AM »

Madeline canít win. Sheíd get shit on in the press if she cancelled too
Paulina

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5111 on: July 02, 2022, 05:56:27 AM »

Did the tabloid criticism against madeleine only start after Sofia came on the scene?

Iíve never really understood what the problem was with Madeline in Sweden. Itís her country. She was process there her whole life, then suddenly she was a controversial figure.

I suppose I can find out if I read this entire thread? Is it all here?

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome ŗ Paris - paraphrased)
Ginger

Small Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #5112 on: July 02, 2022, 12:57:12 PM »

Did the tabloid criticism against madeleine only start after Sofia came on the scene?

Iíve never really understood what the problem was with Madeline in Sweden. Itís her country. She was process there her whole life, then suddenly she was a controversial figure.

I suppose I can find out if I read this entire thread? Is it all here?

As far as I remember Madeleine was regarded as "difficult" most of her life, even as a little kid.
Strong willed, "partying", educated, and who knows what else (irony).
I always really liked what I saw of her because of her rebel streak.
Paulina

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5113 on: July 02, 2022, 05:20:01 PM »

I started to read the threads, starting on page 23. Boy, itís interesting to see dishers opinions over time, the changes. Sofia wasnít even married in yet but people were concerned ( rightly). Not a ton of support for Daniel yet.

I have a surgery on Tuesday. Iíll amuse myself by looking at old threads.

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome ŗ Paris - paraphrased)
periwinkle

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5114 on: July 02, 2022, 05:37:19 PM »

My memory of the place is that Sweden has a weird conservative streak. It's a very open country in important ways but maybe as a natural backlash to liberal freedoms for all is a reactionary stance that is deeply imbedded. A beautiful princess with no real responsibilities to the country that has her as a princess is just too irresistible for those who like to attack or to benefit from attacks. In this context she is an easy target because she was raised not to complain or explain. Keep living your best life girl is what I say.
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 346   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: