Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Juan Carlos, Sofía, Elena and Cristina News and Activities  (Read 566824 times)
Lord G¡n

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2280 on: August 14, 2020, 02:07:03 PM »

Why would an aristocrat of Corrinna's stature talk? Don't they not do that?

Her second marriage of about 5 years was to one but I don't think she was born one herself but she mixes in those circles. I think money is her chief interest

Also, if he got a commission, why didn't he park it into Spain's government coffers to the benefit of the country? Isn't that what bringing business to the country and investment . . . I mean, wasn't that part of his job as king?

Sofia's in a difficult place. I can't imagine she was knowledgable about JC's goings on.

I don't think Corrinna was born an aristocrat. She was married into an aristocratic family and had a son with him - but she has been airbrushed out of their family story. I'll link below - scroll down to Prince Casimir and scroll further to a picture of their son with his grandad. I'd say she's persona non grata there.
https://www.sayn.de/en/fu...rstenhaus/familie-aktuell

Yes, that is also what I heared about her....

Now I know why that son sounded so familiar. I was on this website of the Sayn family today To look up Casimirs younger sister who got married recently. Corinna's name wasn't mentioned at all, only that Casimir currently married to an US -Columbian lady has a son, Alexander, from a previous relationship
The Sayn W... family didn't know how to get rid of her.They have never trusted her (no wonder) and at long last, she is mentioned as Corinna Larsen again. The must have been  hopping on one leg ever since her ex-  remarried a few months ago and she at last lost the connection.The Sayn family have proved to be much more perceptive than others.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2281 on: August 14, 2020, 02:20:58 PM »

Casimir and Corinna:

BTW I am also reminded of the fact that Casimir was even her 2nd husband. Corinna divorced her 1sr hubsband also

https://en.wikipedia.org/...nstein-Sayn#Personal_life
kbart

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2282 on: August 14, 2020, 03:20:58 PM »

Casimir and Corinna:

BTW I am also reminded of the fact that Casimir was even her 2nd husband. Corinna divorced her 1sr hubsband also

https://en.wikipedia.org/...nstein-Sayn#Personal_life
The Sayn family website says that the grandson was born from a civil partnership, so maybe there was no religious wedding. AFAIK they are very RC. One of their daughters has remarried and her first husband is mentioned by name so they obviously want zero to do with Corinna.
periwinkle

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2283 on: August 14, 2020, 05:20:23 PM »

Is this the woman who is in a weird dating non-dating relationship with one of Danish Fred's cousins?
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2284 on: August 14, 2020, 05:26:27 PM »

No, Fred's cousin is Prince Gustav of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and his partner is Carina Axelsson Wink

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #2285 on: August 15, 2020, 11:13:55 AM »

I don't think Corrinna was born an aristocrat. She was married into an aristocratic family and had a son with him - but she has been airbrushed out of their family story. I'll link below - scroll down to Prince Casimir and scroll further to a picture of their son with his grandad. I'd say she's persona non grata there.
[/quote]

kbart, thx for the link. Star

Prince Alex senior, I've met  Roll Eyes at a conference once. I met his wife at teh same conference. she has a necklace with all her  7 (?) children's teeth on it  Crazy

he just talked about himself, then more about himself...then talked more about himself.

fascinating topic, I admitted to him Nerves

that and getting more money to upkeep his life style and castle....over and over

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Lord G¡n

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2286 on: August 15, 2020, 03:37:23 PM »

Prince Alex senior, I've met  Roll Eyes at a conference once. I met his wife at teh same conference. she has a necklace with all her  7 (?) children's teeth on it  Crazy

he just talked about himself, then more about himself...then talked more about himself.

that and getting more money to upkeep his life style and castle....over and over

G Smiley
[/quote]
Hahaha!! They must be awfully snob - and weird-  but,in this case,they were right  about her character. They could have lost even their dental necklace.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2287 on: August 17, 2020, 01:09:35 PM »

G Smiley
[/quote]

Creepy and snobs!  Nerves
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2288 on: August 17, 2020, 03:09:56 PM »

G Smiley
[/quote]

Well, I guess that’s better than her teeth or her husband’s. But  Dead

I’m amazed you kept a straight face.
ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2289 on: August 17, 2020, 04:44:43 PM »

The Royal House have confirmed that Juan Carlos is indeed staying in the UAE, old news but still, an official confirmation.

https://www.abc.es/espana...202008171447_noticia.html

Good point from the article, staying for free apparently maybe isn't the best move given the recent issues with Saudi Arabia apparently giving him money:

What is clear is that in Abu Dhabi Don Juan Carlos is not exposed to the media , he enjoys absolute privacy and his stay, invited by his friends, does not cause him expenses, now that he has been without the allowance he received from the Budgets of the House of the King. However, the fact that Don Juan Carlos has chosen an Arab country, in which it is customary to make valuable gifts, such as the supposed donation from Saudi Arabia that the Justice is now investigating, contributes to further wear down his image . In fact, this Emirate gave him a couple of Ferrari vehicles eight years ago, which he also gave to the State.

karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2290 on: August 17, 2020, 05:23:59 PM »

The Royal House have confirmed that Juan Carlos is indeed staying in the UAE, old news but still, an official confirmation.

https://www.abc.es/espana...202008171447_noticia.html

Good point from the article, staying for free apparently maybe isn't the best move given the recent issues with Saudi Arabia apparently giving him money:

What is clear is that in Abu Dhabi Don Juan Carlos is not exposed to the media , he enjoys absolute privacy and his stay, invited by his friends, does not cause him expenses, now that he has been without the allowance he received from the Budgets of the House of the King. However, the fact that Don Juan Carlos has chosen an Arab country, in which it is customary to make valuable gifts, such as the supposed donation from Saudi Arabia that the Justice is now investigating, contributes to further wear down his image . In fact, this Emirate gave him a couple of Ferrari vehicles eight years ago, which he also gave to the State.

What a poisoned chalice Felipe has inherited.
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #2291 on: August 22, 2020, 09:08:47 PM »

The fallout continues:
https://novaramedia.com/2...rys-political-settlement/

Spain’s Monarchy Crisis Has Shaken the Country’s Political Settlement

What is the significance of the scandals for the Spanish monarchy?
.....the revelations over Juan Carlos’s unlawful profiteering not only tarnish the reputation of a figurehead who, until recent years, could muster broad support from a range of diverse sectors across Spanish society – they underline something crucial about the character of the country’s young democracy and the nature of the transition that produced it.
The alternative reading of the period highlights the monarchy’s role in the safeguarding of elite interests and privileges – many acquired during the dictatorship
...... during the height of lockdown, there were noisy, sustained demonstrations from thousands of Spanish balconies, as protesters demanded the former king donate his murky Saudi millions to Spain’s struggling public health service.
 Juan Carlos’s stage-managed exit was secretly coordinated and facilitated by the country’s establishment powers, ..... the state pollster CIS does not conduct surveys on levels of popular support for the institution, while a broad party-political bloc pledges unbudging loyalty to the king emeritus – blocking the possibility of any mooted referendum that would raise the prospect of a new republic.
 – a ‘perfect storm’ comprising the economic fallout of the pandemic; a slow-burning constitutional crisis; the incendiary Catalan question potentially re-entering the frame, with regional elections on horizon;
As wider developments look to envelope the fledgling administration, the stakes have arguably never been higher.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 09:16:27 PM by Chandrasekhi » Logged

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2292 on: August 22, 2020, 09:42:05 PM »

It is a total disgrace and I feel sorry for the remaining royals who try and do their job right - Sofia, Felipe and Leti. Sofia has kept a brave face but it must be hard at the age of 81 to see decades of your good work crumble because her husband acts like this and made very unwise decisions. It is good for th that the Spanish people seem to distinguish between him and his short comings and her. Must be also weird, I guess she won't see him again, so this is the end of their marriage, it won't be officially, unless he gets the idea to file for divorce. Nevertheless - he won't see his wife and at least two grandchildren ever again. 
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2293 on: August 23, 2020, 02:17:06 AM »

It is a total disgrace and I feel sorry for the remaining royals who try and do their job right - Sofia, Felipe and Leti. Sofia has kept a brave face but it must be hard at the age of 81 to see decades of your good work crumble because her husband acts like this and made very unwise decisions. It is good for th that the Spanish people seem to distinguish between him and his short comings and her. Must be also weird, I guess she won't see him again, so this is the end of their marriage, it won't be officially, unless he gets the idea to file for divorce. Nevertheless - he won't see his wife and at least two grandchildren ever again.  

JC had wanted to divorce Sofia twice, one time for his long-time mistress Marta Gaya back in 90s, the other time for Corinna. Sofia was the one who wanted to stay in the marriage, to remain the QUEEN. They have lived separate lives for decades, don't see them divorcing unless JC wanted to make his mistress Marta his wife now.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 02:22:56 AM by dKaren » Logged
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2294 on: August 23, 2020, 03:33:39 AM »

JC had wanted to divorce Sofia twice, one time for his long-time mistress Marta Gaya back in 90s, the other time for Corinna. Sofia was the one who wanted to stay in the marriage, to remain the QUEEN. They have lived separate lives for decades, don't see them divorcing unless JC wanted to make his mistress Marta his wife now.

I don’t see them divorcing either, but he has certainly embarrassed the bejeezus out of her. 
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: