Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Juan Carlos, Sofía, Elena and Cristina News and Activities  (Read 705527 times)
Pulsatilla

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #2535 on: May 20, 2022, 11:53:29 AM »

She sometimes rivals BA Baracas for the amount of jewellery she wears, and it ends up looking cheap.

What I will say is that she’s ten months younger than JC, but looks at least ten years younger. She looks fantastic for someone who will be 84 this year.

True, exactly like Sonja of Norway.
emtishell

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2536 on: May 20, 2022, 12:00:00 PM »

Yes, she always overdoes the jewelry and it ends up looking bad. It's a shame because they are beautiful jewels on their own but layered they get lost.

The gown is gorgeous. She looks really well overall. In your face, JC!

Especially with all the handsome younger men in uniform around her. Drool

Oh really? I didn’t notice  Lolipop Lolipop
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2537 on: May 22, 2022, 02:53:27 AM »

Since JC left Spain, Sofia was said to put lots of pressure on Felipe to let his father return to Spain. But when JC actually returned, she ran to Miami. I guess that's very Sofia  Wink.
On the other hand, JC's return has been a 'circus' with media following him every step. It's good to not see Sofia put on another fake show playing a loving wife  Smiley.
Lord G¡n

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2538 on: May 22, 2022, 04:01:13 PM »

She sometimes rivals BA Baracas for the amount of jewellery she wears, and it ends up looking cheap.

What I will say is that she’s ten months younger than JC, but looks at least ten years younger. She looks fantastic for someone who will be 84 this year.
And she walks as unsteadily as JC. They showed her walking to the JS Elcano on TV ( I haven't found the footage) and  she walked with difficulty. Probally the dress was too long and heavy but she didn't even try to hold it up to give her feet space.

About JC, I 'd like to say that his father behaved more honourably and loyally to him. Don Juan  renounced  his rights to the throne to his reigning son in a low key ceremony: “I believe the moment has arrived to deliver to him the historical legacy that he inherits, and consequently I offer to my country the renunciation of the historical rights to the Spanish monarchy, its titles, privileges and the headship of the royal family and house of Spain, which I received from my father,” the Count of Barcelona said.  JC has been putting stokes in the wheel for a long time  and continues to do so.
When asked by reporters how he felt about his meeting with the King at Zarzuela: "You ask them; I'm here, in Sanxenxo." Shame on him.

https://www.elcorreogalle...ui-en-sanxenxo-GG11246880
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2539 on: May 23, 2022, 07:14:27 AM »

And she walks as unsteadily as JC. They showed her walking to the JS Elcano on TV ( I haven't found the footage) and  she walked with difficulty. Probally the dress was too long and heavy but she didn't even try to hold it up to give her feet space.

About JC, I 'd like to say that his father behaved more honourably and loyally to him. Don Juan  renounced  his rights to the throne to his reigning son in a low key ceremony: “I believe the moment has arrived to deliver to him the historical legacy that he inherits, and consequently I offer to my country the renunciation of the historical rights to the Spanish monarchy, its titles, privileges and the headship of the royal family and house of Spain, which I received from my father,” the Count of Barcelona said.  JC has been putting stokes in the wheel for a long time  and continues to do so.
When asked by reporters how he felt about his meeting with the King at Zarzuela: "You ask them; I'm here, in Sanxenxo." Shame on him.

https://www.elcorreogalle...ui-en-sanxenxo-GG11246880

Sofia still wore shoes with mid-size heels. I really wish she should start wearing flat shoes to avoid slips.
JC has always been folksy, tongue in cheek. People are used to this type of answers from him.
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

Felipe, Leti: where are you?

Ignore
« Reply #2540 on: May 24, 2022, 10:35:04 PM »

So J-C had a meeting with Felipe yesterday at La Zarzuela.
There was also a lunch. In attendance were Felipe, Leti, Sofia Jr, Queen Sofia (who tested positive for covid on her way back from Miami), Elena and her kids and Infanta Margarita and husband, Dr. Zurita.
He left Zarzuela arround 8pm straigth to Barajas. His fligth left arround 10pm.

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2541 on: May 25, 2022, 04:21:20 AM »

This is so comical  Grin. Sofia ran to Miami, only came back with Covid 19 positive.  I doubt she got it in Miami since she was only there for 2-3 days, more likely she got it at her sister's 80th birthday party.

Wish her speedy recovery.
Paulina

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2542 on: May 25, 2022, 05:26:12 AM »

What is the reaction in Spain to this visit? It made the news on my local NPR station, which never has anything about royals. Rarely.

Well, Michael Goldfarb in London did amazing reporting when Diana died. But generally public radio doesn’t say anything about royals. I was surprised this visit made the news.

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome à Paris - paraphrased)
Gemsheal

Big Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #2543 on: May 28, 2022, 03:24:06 PM »

There was also a lunch. In attendance were Felipe, Leti, Sofia Jr, Queen Sofia (who tested positive for covid on her way back from Miami), Elena and her kids and Infanta Margarita and husband, Dr. Zurita.

If a picture says a thousand words then this one says "smug" to me x 1000.  Shouts it actually. 

When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.
~ Helen Keller
Mariola

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #2544 on: May 28, 2022, 05:14:01 PM »

If a picture says a thousand words then this one says "smug" to me x 1000.  Shouts it actually. 

I am no fan but I think he looks sad.

Lord G¡n

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2545 on: May 28, 2022, 06:29:18 PM »

I am no fan but I think he looks sad.

ITA. He looks red-eyed and melancholy.
A warm welcome by the people in Sanxenxo; lots of public complaints and demands,even from members of the government,and antimonarchical parties.
There is no need to make matters even more difficult for his son, his King and  also Head of the  House Borbòn. Don Juan legitimised Juan Carlos. Whenever they have the chance , JC and part of the family throw  the monarch to the lions.
 IIRC, Q Sofia has always respected the institution.
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2546 on: May 28, 2022, 07:31:34 PM »

I always thought he was a family man. He was a lousy husband but I think he was emotionally close to his children and his grand-children. He might be financially secure but I could imagine that he is very lonely.
Lord G¡n

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2547 on: May 28, 2022, 08:00:44 PM »

I always thought he was a family man. He was a lousy husband but I think he was emotionally close to his children and his grand-children. He might be financially secure but I could imagine that he is very lonely.
It is his private life and  the absolute lack of respect towards HIS own family  what I find abominable. Most of us didn't know details about his private way of life,but his wife and children had to be aware of ,and suffer it. As he was Head of the Royal Family, his family had to comply and  abide by it.
Apart from money matters,his private life will always cast a shadow over his,otherwise,admirable reign and the effort he put in showing a good image of  Spain in the world after 40  years of isolation.
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2548 on: May 28, 2022, 08:07:43 PM »

It is his private life and  the absolute lack of respect towards HIS own family  what I find abominable. Most of us didn't know details about his private way of life,but his wife and children had to be aware of ,and suffer it. As he was Head of the Royal Family, his family had to comply and  abide by it.
Apart from money matters,his private life will always cast a shadow over his,otherwise,admirable reign and the effort he put in showing a good image of  Spain in the world after 40 decades of isolation.

Hear, hear. He's an old man now and I'm sure he has regrets and may even be lonely for home, but his not-so-distant actions put him in this position so I have minimal sympathy. He ran around like a playboy with a devil may care attitude and now he's paying the price. It's a shame, but he did it to himself.
Pulsatilla

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #2549 on: May 28, 2022, 08:44:09 PM »

It is his private life and  the absolute lack of respect towards HIS own family  what I find abominable. Most of us didn't know details about his private way of life,but his wife and children had to be aware of ,and suffer it. As he was Head of the Royal Family, his family had to comply and  abide by it.
Apart from money matters,his private life will always cast a shadow over his,otherwise,admirable reign and the effort he put in showing a good image of  Spain in the world after 40 decades of isolation.

Hear, hear. He's an old man now and I'm sure he has regrets and may even be lonely for home, but his not-so-distant actions put him in this position so I have minimal sympathy. He ran around like a playboy with a devil may care attitude and now he's paying the price. It's a shame, but he did it to himself.

ITA.  A typical case of "We all make the bed we must lie in".
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: