Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 124   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Juan Carlos, Sofía, Elena and Cristina News and Activities  (Read 334053 times)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #1770 on: March 19, 2017, 05:38:25 PM »

He has three children with his wife of 75 years Sofia. Their relationship since his abdication is said to have been virtually non-existent and it has been claimed they last shared a bed nearly 40 years ago.
Wow, wife of 75 years? Thinking

Sofia and Juan Carlos married in 1962, so it's not quite 75 years, though it probably feels that long to Sofia.

I think that is a translation error.  I believe that it was translated from something written about them when they were 75 years old.  They're now 79 and 78 years old.
Rita

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1771 on: March 20, 2017, 11:54:41 PM »

["A King recognises a King" Zlatan Ibrahimovic meets former Spain King and 'fellow royalty' Juan Carlos/b]
Zlatan Ibrahimovic has stepped up his bid to become the King of Sweden by getting tips from a former Spanish king.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/s...izes-king-zlatan-10063061

Amalia

Micro Member

Brazil Brazil

Ignore
« Reply #1772 on: March 21, 2017, 02:21:39 AM »

["A King recognises a King" Zlatan Ibrahimovic meets former Spain King and 'fellow royalty' Juan Carlos/b]
Zlatan Ibrahimovic has stepped up his bid to become the King of Sweden by getting tips from a former Spanish king.

Juan Carlos I had taken in Manchester City against Liverpool on Sunday - sitting alongside City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak in the Etihad stands.

Juan Carlos abdicated the throne in 2014 to allow his son Alfonso a shot at leading the country.

Crazy  Confused
Alfonso?!?!

What kind of newspaper is this?
Julaine

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1773 on: March 21, 2017, 02:39:37 AM »

One with a very poor grasp of facts and/or limited funds to pay for a fact checker? But then even a casual glance of the Daily Fail reminds me that many newspapers are spending less and less on fact checkers and proofreaders.

Patience is a virtue, it just isn't one of mine.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #1774 on: March 21, 2017, 04:16:59 AM »

He has three children with his wife of 75 years Sofia. Their relationship since his abdication is said to have been virtually non-existent and it has been claimed they last shared a bed nearly 40 years ago.
Wow, wife of 75 years? Thinking

wow!! how old is this man??  Blink Blink

140??

G Confused Confused

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Rita

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1775 on: March 21, 2017, 08:58:45 PM »

Juan Carlos I had taken in Manchester City against Liverpool on Sunday - sitting alongside City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak in the Etihad stands.

Juan Carlos abdicated the throne in 2014 to allow his son Alfonso a shot at leading the country.

Crazy  Confused
Alfonso?!?!

What kind of newspaper is this?
english newspapper dear
independent,daily mail and others don't even bother to check on if their facts are right.
i hate to say that but maybe Trump is right about media these days

Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1776 on: March 22, 2017, 10:33:22 AM »

Well tecnically they got the name right, Felipe's full name is Felipe Juan Pable Alfonso

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1777 on: March 26, 2017, 07:27:25 PM »

Critistina's PR mouth piece let it be known a week ago that she and Inaki were invited to the upcoming parties of both King Harald's 80 birthday and WA's 50 birthday. And they turned both down to "keep a low profile". Sure, letting the press know all about it is the way to keep a low profile. Roll Eyes She's so desperate to let it be known that she's a "royal" again and everyone else, including Felipe and other royals, is eager to "reconcile" with her.  Roll Eyes

First, are there going to be birthday parties in Norway and Netherlands? Could anyone who follows these two royal families closely clarify?

Second, isn't this type of invitations sent to the head of the royal family rather than individuals?

Third, why would any other royal families invite C&I when they're shunned by the SRF? Aren't they concerned about offending Felipe and he may not attend as a result? Plus, why would they want to have anything to do with a convicted criminal?

It doesn't make any sense but it's picked up by various Spanish online sites. This is how fake news get spread on Spanish sites with not an ounce of evidence.  

Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #1778 on: March 26, 2017, 07:41:52 PM »

Critistina's PR mouth piece let it be known a week ago that she and Inaki were invited to the upcoming parties of both King Harald's 80 birthday and WA's 50 birthday. And they turned both down to "keep a low profile". Sure, letting the press know all about it is the way to keep a low profile. Roll Eyes She's so desperate to let it be known that she's a "royal" again and everyone else, including Felipe and other royals, is eager to "reconcile" with her.  Roll Eyes

First, are there going to be birthday parties in Norway and Netherlands? Could anyone who follows these two royal families closely clarify?

Second, isn't this type of invitations sent to the head of the royal family rather than individuals?

Third, why would any other royal families invite C&I when they're shunned by the SRF? Aren't they concerned about offending Felipe and he may not attend as a result? Plus, why would they want to have anything to do with a convicted criminal?

It doesn't make any sense but it's picked up by various Spanish online sites. This is how fake news get spread on Spanish sites with not an ounce of evidence.  

Harald and Sonja (both turn 80 this year) are having a combined birthday party on May 9-10th. No guest list has been released but the Norwegian press is speculating that it will be a big party with around 60 royal guests.
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1779 on: March 27, 2017, 01:13:18 AM »

Thanks, LA.

I just read that WA will celebrate his birthday with family, friends and foreign guests on April 29 and 30. Harald's celebration will be May 9 and 10. They are just within 9 days of each other. I'm guessing JC and Sofia will go to Norway and F&L will go to Netherlands. I still don't see how Norwegian and Dutch royals will invite Cristina and especially, Inaki.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1780 on: March 27, 2017, 01:15:42 PM »

Thanks, LA.

I just read that WA will celebrate his birthday with family, friends and foreign guests on April 29 and 30. Harald's celebration will be May 9 and 10. They are just within 9 days of each other. I'm guessing JC and Sofia will go to Norway and F&L will go to Netherlands. I still don't see how Norwegian and Dutch royals will invite Cristina and especially, Inaki.

WA's birthday is on April 27; which is since his accession Kingsday (the successor of April 30; Queensday).  This year WA and his (direct) family will celebrate it in the Dutch town of Tilburg. Because of his jubilee this year, he will become 50 (seeing Abraham), there are some special events.

To celebrate his birthday, the King's invited 150 50-year-olds to a celebratory dinner on Friday, April 28 at the Royal Palace. After dinner, the palace is for 50 hours continuous opened with a special programming to the public.
Lady Alice

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1781 on: March 27, 2017, 03:09:34 PM »

This year WA and his (direct) family will celebrate it in the Dutch town of Tilburg. Because of his jubilee this year, he will become 50 (seeing Abraham), there are some special events.

I don't mean to threadjack, but can you elaborate on what "seeing Abraham" means? Is that a Dutch cultural thing? Thanks!

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1782 on: March 27, 2017, 04:27:01 PM »

This year WA and his (direct) family will celebrate it in the Dutch town of Tilburg. Because of his jubilee this year, he will become 50 (seeing Abraham), there are some special events.

I don't mean to threadjack, but can you elaborate on what "seeing Abraham" means? Is that a Dutch cultural thing? Thanks!

In the Netherlands when a man or women becomes 50 years of age it is said resp.  "He has seen Abraham" or "She has seen Sara(h)"

"Abraham gezien hebben" (= have seen Abraham)

The phrase "have seen Abraham" apparently comes from a Bible story. Jezus said he had seen Abraham. As Abraham was then already dead for some centuries, Jezus wasn't believed by the Jews 'You are not yet 50, and have seen Abraham?"(Joh. 8:57). In the female version the Biblical name Sara(h) is used, which was the name of Abraham's wife.

The birthday boy/girl is often depicted with a (Abraham/Sara(h)) doll, while an apt slogan about the birthday boy/girl on or with it. Also, Abraham and Sara(h) may be donated as a cake on the birthday. After this age, they know where Abraham took the mustard from.

This last phrase refers to another Dutch saying:

"Weten waar Abraham de mosterd haalt" (= knowing where Abraham gets the mustard)

The origin of the term "Knowing where Abraham gets the mustard" is, according to several scientists and linguists in the Old Testament, Genesis 22-6, is which Abraham is told  to sacrifice his son on a fire. He collected mutsaards and "put the wood on the shoulders of his son." Mutsaard means "bush of branches." The word would be distorted into 'mustaard"and later to" mostaard ". Eventually became the word "mosterd". The term "Knowing where Abraham gets the mustard" means' He is aware, knows all. " Because Abraham knew where to pick up the bush of branches to sacrifice his son.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 04:36:45 PM by Principessa » Logged
Lady Alice

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1783 on: March 27, 2017, 07:58:20 PM »

Thanks so much!! :D

Rita

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1784 on: April 03, 2017, 09:34:56 PM »

King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia of Spain attended the opening of the exhibition 'Visions of the Hispanic World: Treasures from the Hispanic Society Museum & Library' (Visiones Del Mundo Hispanico Tesoros de la Hispanic Society Museum & Library) exhibition at El Prado National Museum on April 3, 2017 in Madrid, Spain.

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 124   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: