Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 142   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Juan Carlos, Sofía, Elena and Cristina News and Activities  (Read 452776 times)
jessmie

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2010 on: January 02, 2019, 05:31:23 PM »

I Saw a photo in norwegian press of JC  with the Saudi-Arabia crown prince MBS...in Dubai I think. Seems rather unwise at the time with Kashoghi murder. Any reaction in Spain?

Wow. Just when I thought I couldn’t dislike him more.

JC was at the racing event in Saudi Arabia with Cristina. It's hard to believe no one thinks this stuff through.

THIS! For a family that’s supposed to be close-knit and trying to stay as such in the midst of all the scandals, they’re not really acting very responsibly! Plus, I think that Juan-Carlos and Cristina have gone a bit rogue and didn’t really bother consulting the Spanish Royal Court, because I think that there’s no way any senior advisor would objectively look at the father and sister of the king visiting Saudi Arabia and think it’s a good idea!
jessmie

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #2011 on: January 02, 2019, 05:37:04 PM »

How is Sofia's Spanish?
"                    English

do any of her three children or any of her grandchildren speak Greek?           How well?   Do any of them read Greek?
I don't think so. I know that Sofia's mother used to speak english at home, with the kids and somewhere I've read that Sofia used to speak english with Felipe.

I think she spoke Spanish with the kids and they always had British nannies, although I could be wrong about the former.

I also don’t think any of kids can speak Greek, but maybe they might be able to understand some, since Sofia’s sister, Irene, has lived with them since the 70s and presumably the sisters spoke Greek?
fruela

Mini Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #2012 on: January 03, 2019, 04:55:15 PM »

Well Miss Marple, considering that  KJC's father, Conde de Barcelona, Alfonso XII's  youngest son, became the heir because his eldest brothers died or gave up their rights , and KJC's sisters married commoners and were  left out of the race, Cristina may think that her children must be positioned,as it were. The horizon is not  very clear for the SRF nowadays, but I insist: Cristina wants to be in. Just my hunch.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2013 on: January 03, 2019, 05:52:22 PM »

How is Sofia's Spanish?
"                    English

do any of her three children or any of her grandchildren speak Greek?           How well?   Do any of them read Greek?
I don't think so. I know that Sofia's mother used to speak english at home, with the kids and somewhere I've read that Sofia used to speak english with Felipe.

I think she spoke Spanish with the kids and they always had British nannies, although I could be wrong about the former.

IIRC, Felipe actually mentioned in an interview many years ago that his mother used to spoke English with them, when they were children. I think this was also mentioned in many biographies of Queen Sofia, including the one she collaborated with.

They all had British nannies.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2014 on: January 03, 2019, 11:50:10 PM »

January 02, 2019, Emeritus Queen Sofia of Spain and Princess Irene of Greece and Denmark attended the Solidarity Concert of the Recycled Orchestra of Cateura (Orquesta de Instrumentos Reciclados de Cateura) at Royal Theatre (Teatro Real) in Madrid. The Recycled Orchestra of Cateura, also known as the Recycled Orchestra, is an orchestra composed of children from Asunción, Paraguay who play musical instruments made from scrap materials collected from Asunción's Cateura landfill.

jessmie

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #2015 on: January 04, 2019, 03:47:25 AM »

It’s nice too see that Juan accompanied his grandmother and Irene to the concert. He’s not being excluded because his parents totally messed up, and that’s of course how it should be.

I know that Felipe has kept Cristina at arms length, officially at least, but what about his nephews and niece? He’s always seemed close to the kids and he doesn’t look like the man who’d keep a grudge against children because of their parents’ mistakes.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #2016 on: January 04, 2019, 03:51:59 AM »

It’s nice too see that Juan accompanied his grandmother and Irene to the concert. He’s not being excluded because his parents totally messed up, and that’s of course how it should be.

I know that Felipe has kept Cristina at arms length, officially at least, but what about his nephews and niece? He’s always seemed close to the kids and he doesn’t look like the man who’d keep a grudge against children because of their parents’ mistakes.

sorry, who is Juan's grandmother?

Is juan the ex king JC?

Is irene juan's granny?

sorry. utterly muddled  Crazy Blush

G Confused

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
jessmie

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #2017 on: January 04, 2019, 04:51:44 AM »

sorry, who is Juan's grandmother?

Is juan the ex king JC?

Is irene juan's granny?

sorry. utterly muddled  Crazy Blush

G Confused

Isn’t Juan, Cristina and Inaki’s eldest son? Isn’t he the young gentleman behind Sofía and Irene in the pictures? I could be wrong.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #2018 on: January 04, 2019, 06:05:18 AM »

sorry jessmie, you are absolutely right  Banana

Star

I don't follow the spanish as much as I ought to, I guess,

Thx  Hug

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
jessmie

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #2019 on: January 04, 2019, 10:46:04 AM »

sorry jessmie, you are absolutely right  Banana

Star

I don't follow the spanish as much as I ought to, I guess,

Thx  Hug

G Smiley

No worries! I didn’t spot him either in the beginning, but then he reminded me of Felipe when he was younger so I realised that it must be Juan. It’s good to see that at least he’s welcome in the family, and as I mentioned in an earlier comment I really do hope that there’s no grudge or tension towards the children. It’s not their fault that their parents totally messed up!
fruela

Mini Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #2020 on: January 04, 2019, 11:48:31 AM »

Yes, he is Juan Valentín, Cristina's eldest son. Irene  is his great-aunt and  she has lived at Zarzuela  with  sister QS for years. A few months ago she  became a Spanish citizen and has been photographed with the SRF more often since then. She used to remain in the shadows - she attended certain events but shied away from  the cameras.
These children always look so sad.
SpainFan

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2021 on: January 06, 2019, 12:14:53 AM »

Did Casareal release anything today regarding JC's birthday -- a family photo or info on how it was celebrated? Wasn't sure if I missed anything.
fruela

Mini Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #2022 on: January 15, 2019, 07:50:06 PM »

Did Casareal release anything today regarding JC's birthday -- a family photo or info on how it was celebrated? Wasn't sure if I missed anything.
SpainFan, hola!
Nothing (words or images) from Casa Real and rumours from "close reliable sources"  :  there was a family meal at Las Jarillas , an estate where  young KJC spent his first years in Spain ,though not everybody  was there; others say that he just met some old friends at Las Jarillas; others know for certain  that there was lunch at Zarzuela and KF didn't attend because he felt unwell but popped in to say happybirthday while  QL stayed at home. A few days later, he did attend the National Sports Awards ceremony with KF and QL  and looked OK. QS, Infantas Elena and Pilar were there too.
Saltypleb

Baby Member

Pakistan Pakistan

Ignore
« Reply #2023 on: January 16, 2019, 05:33:37 PM »

I Saw a photo in norwegian press of JC  with the Saudi-Arabia crown prince MBS...in Dubai I think. Seems rather unwise at the time with Kashoghi murder. Any reaction in Spain?

I really detest that man and it says a lot about JC that he met with MBS but let's not forget that JC also embraced Chaim Herzog after he presided the mass murder of Palestinians so I guess if he's capable of looking the other way in that case, he wouldn't give two hoots about the murder of a journalist.
anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

United States United States

Gone Too Soon!

Ignore
« Reply #2024 on: January 16, 2019, 06:51:54 PM »

I really detest that man and it says a lot about JC that he met with MBS but let's not forget that JC also embraced Chaim Herzog after he presided the mass murder of Palestinians so I guess if he's capable of looking the other way in that case, he wouldn't give two hoots about the murder of a journalist.

I agree. JC is as broken down and dissipated on the inside as he is on the outside.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 142   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: