Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 152   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Juan Carlos, Sofía, Elena and Cristina News and Activities  (Read 541226 times)
fruela

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #2145 on: October 26, 2019, 09:46:35 AM »

QS looks great. People who have had the chance to meet her at events say that she is very nice.
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2146 on: December 23, 2019, 06:34:36 PM »

Apparently Iñaki will get out of prison tomorrow until 28th December and will spend that time at his mother's house in Vitoria.  Cristina and their four children are expected to join him there.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #2147 on: December 23, 2019, 07:38:46 PM »

Apparently Iñaki will get out of prison tomorrow until 28th December and will spend that time at his mother's house in Vitoria.  Cristina and their four children are expected to join him there.

How long does he have to stay in anyway? I mean how many years are still left?
Gemsheal

Small Member

United States United States

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #2148 on: December 24, 2019, 05:12:12 AM »

Wow.  A vacation from prison.  😑

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2149 on: December 24, 2019, 09:39:27 AM »

Nice for his kids who went through a lot and hopefully a reminder for him how much he is missing.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #2150 on: December 24, 2019, 05:28:46 PM »

Nice for his kids who went through a lot and hopefully a reminder for him how much he is missing.
Well said
I feel sorry for his kids it must be hard for them

Royal Di

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #2151 on: December 26, 2019, 12:02:51 AM »

Apparently, Iñaki will get out of prison tomorrow until 28th December and will spend that time at his mother's house in Vitoria.  Cristina and their four children are expected to join him there.
How long does he have to stay in prison, anyway? I mean, how many years are still left?

Inaki Urdangarin, who is married to the king’s sister Cristina de Borbón, is serving a five-year, 10-month prison sentence at the Brieva penitentiary in Avila.

He entered prison on June 18, 2018 and a full sentence would last until April 18, 2024.  So, 4 years and 4 months are still left.

Infanta Cristina's husband has been in prison for 18 months and as of last month served a quarter of his sentence.  As with any other inmate classified in second term, Urdangarin can request ordinary permits to leave the prison for a maximum of 36 days a year.

Click below to see pictures of Inaki on his four-day prison leave for Christmas, strolling with family through Vitoria, as published in HOLA!

https://us.hola.com/actua...urdangarin-paseo-vitoria/

« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 12:08:25 AM by Royal Di » Logged
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #2152 on: December 26, 2019, 09:55:11 AM »

Apparently, Iñaki will get out of prison tomorrow until 28th December and will spend that time at his mother's house in Vitoria.  Cristina and their four children are expected to join him there.
How long does he have to stay in prison, anyway? I mean, how many years are still left?

Inaki Urdangarin, who is married to the king’s sister Cristina de Borbón, is serving a five-year, 10-month prison sentence at the Brieva penitentiary in Avila.

He entered prison on June 18, 2018 and a full sentence would last until April 18, 2024.  So, 4 years and 4 months are still left.

Infanta Cristina's husband has been in prison for 18 months and as of last month served a quarter of his sentence.  As with any other inmate classified in second term, Urdangarin can request ordinary permits to leave the prison for a maximum of 36 days a year.

Click below to see pictures of Inaki on his four-day prison leave for Christmas, strolling with family through Vitoria, as published in HOLA!

Thank you. Star

36 days is very generous. It's more than an innocent person gets here for holidays. Of course it's not the same, but still.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2153 on: December 26, 2019, 11:01:43 AM »

Thank you. Star

36 days is very generous. It's more than an innocent person gets here for holidays. Of course it's not the same, but still.

I guess corporate crime is viewed differently... that would not happen here although those types of offenders do get to serve at least some time on low security facilities or those that have a less "lock up" old style cell
fruela

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #2154 on: December 26, 2019, 01:48:20 PM »

Urdangarín is serving his time in a women's prison about 100 km from Madrid. He has been in solitary confinement and not allowed to meet other inmates ever since he entered prison.He has been carrying out volunteer work (eight hours a week) at a centre for disabled people over the last few months.

Plenty of time to think. Anyway, I have always felt  sorry for their children.
KimmySue

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2155 on: December 26, 2019, 09:24:15 PM »

Urdangarín is serving his time in a women's prison about 100 km from Madrid. He has been in solitary confinement and not allowed to meet other inmates ever since he entered prison.He has been carrying out volunteer work (eight hours a week) at a centre for disabled people over the last few months.

Curious, why is he serving his time at a women's prison?
LadyBunion

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2156 on: December 26, 2019, 10:01:54 PM »

I think it was a prison that had an old block that was used for some prisoners in solitary - hadn't been used for a while and it was opened up for him. the rest if the prison is for women, the whole story is somewhere else, I'll see if I can find it

ETA https://murciatoday.com/k...on-sentence_518815-a.html
fruela

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #2157 on: December 26, 2019, 10:27:31 PM »

They said  it is partly for security reasons and because it is almost midway between Madrid and his hometown in northern Spain — his choice.Also, there  have been no leaks or pictures taken by other inmates or their visitors. A former & notorious high officer who served his time there stated that it was frozen hell and isolation drove you crazy.
Royal Di

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #2158 on: December 26, 2019, 10:29:55 PM »

Inaki Urdangarin, who is married to Princess Cristina, the king’s sister, chose Brieva penitentiary in Álava over 81 other prison facilities in Spain. Brieva houses around 200 female inmates.  It also has a small four/five cell module for male prisoners that is rarely used.  Inaki is the first male prisoner to used it in many years.

It is believed that he selected this facility for the following reasons, per El Pais:

1. "The center is located near Madrid, making it easier for his wife and four children to fly in from Geneva to visit him. Urdangarin had been considering Brieva and other penitentiaries near Madrid, such as the ones in Segovia and Zaballa (Álava).

2. "The fact that Urdangarin can be alone in the center is important. It means there is nearly no security risk to him and no chance that he will be recorded on a cellphone, as has happened recently with other celebrity inmates. He would not come in to contact with any other inmate or share any common spaces."

Inaki is a high security risk prisoner who would require extra precautions if he were incarcerated with other male prisoners.  Women inmates are housed in a separate section of Brieva. 

Of course, the downside of the situation is that he is very alone and this could lead to psychological issues related to isolation.  It should be noted that he is not in "solidary confinement" per se as punishment, but rather in an isolated situation of his choosing, presumably for his own safety and privacy.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 10:37:53 PM by Royal Di » Logged
fruela

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #2159 on: December 26, 2019, 10:42:13 PM »

Inaki Urdangarin, who is married to Princess Cristina, the king’s sister, chose Brieva penitentiary in Álava over 81 other prison facilities in Spain. Brieva houses around 200 female inmates.  It also has a small four/five cell module for male prisoners that is rarely used.  Inaki is the first male prisoner to used it in many years.

It is believed that he selected this facility for the following reasons, per El Pais:

1. "The center is located near Madrid, making it easier for his wife and four children to fly in from Geneva to visit him. Urdangarin had been considering Brieva and other penitentiaries near Madrid, such as the ones in Segovia and Zaballa (Álava).

2. "The fact that Urdangarin can be alone in the center is important. It means there is nearly no security risk to him and no chance that he will be recorded on a cellphone, as has happened recently with other celebrity inmates. He would not come in to contact with any other inmate or share any common spaces."

Inaki is a high security risk prisoner who would require extra precautions if he were incarcerated with other male prisoners.  Women inmates are housed in a separate section of Brieva. 

Of course, the downside of the situation is that he is very alone and this could lead to psychological issues related to isolation.  It should be noted that he is not in "solidary confinement" per se as punishment, but rather in an isolated situation of his choosing, presumably for his own safety and privacy.

Absolutely.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 152   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: