Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Belgian Royal News  (Read 246153 times)
Zazoo

Mini Member

Cyprus Cyprus

Ignore
« Reply #1155 on: March 23, 2016, 06:55:16 PM »

In the morning King Philippe and Queen Mathilde visited the Erasme Hospital in Anderlecht to be briefed about the victims of yesterday?s terror attacks.

source: http://queenmathilde.blog...ssels-terror-attacks.html
video:http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/videozone/programmas/journaal/2.43519?video=1.2609888

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." ? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1156 on: March 23, 2016, 10:00:28 PM »

Mathilde looks like she's had a very bad night. As indeed she has.

Hey, on the BBC I heard Philippe's remarks in the wake of the attacks and it seemed to me they were exclusively in French. Did anyone hear differently? I know the Belgian royal family works hard at using all the country's languages at most public events, so I was surprised that what I heard appeared to have been French only.
Pinkie

Baby Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #1157 on: March 23, 2016, 10:16:41 PM »

Hey, on the BBC I heard Philippe's remarks in the wake of the attacks and it seemed to me they were exclusively in French. Did anyone hear differently? I know the Belgian royal family works hard at using all the country's languages at most public events, so I was surprised that what I heard appeared to have been French only.
The message was recorded in 2 versions, one entirely in Dutch the other one in French. International media usually choses the French one as this language is more common than Dutch. The National Day and the Xmas speeches are also registered in German since Philippe took over from his father.
LadyBunion

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1158 on: March 23, 2016, 10:18:05 PM »

I am sure will have spoken in dutch and french - it was probably just a sound bite on the BBC- they are copmpletely hopeless re anything non english and would never prolong a sound bite to show it in more than one language ( they probably assume no one realises it is in likely to be in more than  one language)
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1159 on: March 24, 2016, 04:38:26 AM »

Thanks. that clears it up. So one in French and one in Flemish and maybe one in German, too?
debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #1160 on: March 24, 2016, 04:41:27 AM »

Mathilde seems like someone who has a sensitive heart. She seems like someone who feels grief very acutely.
Like that time when she seems like she's about to pass out during Fabiola's church service, etc.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #1161 on: March 24, 2016, 05:56:14 AM »

They seem to be a very good team.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1162 on: March 24, 2016, 06:30:47 PM »

I would bet that this week is the most difficult time the king and queen have ever had in their lives. Can't imagine how hard it must be to serve as a nation's comforter-in-chief.
cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1163 on: March 25, 2016, 06:58:53 AM »

Just saw Philippe and Mathidle on CNN at a ceremony for the victims. Looked so crushed  Sad
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

BooHoo Sugars

Ignore
« Reply #1164 on: March 25, 2016, 01:10:05 PM »

They are the lucky ones.  Their family is intact.  I'm sure they're thinking about the people who actually lost loved ones or whose loved ones are injured.

Ain't nobody got time for Mary's sh*t.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1165 on: March 29, 2016, 11:00:11 AM »

Paola and Albert have met the pope in Rome:
http://static.eo.nl/filea...s-Vaticaan_80a167b679.jpg
Mary Stuart

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1166 on: April 13, 2016, 05:28:52 PM »

The Royal Palace released a new photo of the children.
Rita

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1167 on: May 29, 2016, 11:16:06 PM »

Queen Mathilde, Crown Princess Elisabeth of Belgium and Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein attends the finals of the Queen Elisabeth Piano Competition 2016 on May 28, 2016 at the Palace of Fine Arts (Palais des Beaux-Arts) in Brussels. The Czech pianist Luk?? Vondr?cek has won this year's Queen Elisabeth Competition for Piano.

perdie

Medium Member

Svalbard and Jan Mayen Svalbard and Jan Mayen

Ignore
« Reply #1168 on: May 29, 2016, 11:39:42 PM »

Queen Mathilde, Crown Princess Elisabeth of Belgium and Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein attends the finals of the Queen Elisabeth Piano Competition 2016 on May 28, 2016 at the Palace of Fine Arts (Palais des Beaux-Arts) in Brussels. The Czech pianist Luk?? Vondr?cek has won this year's Queen Elisabeth Competition for Piano.

Elisabeth looks like she's going to be tall!
AddiesGirl

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1169 on: May 30, 2016, 03:00:52 AM »

Oh my heart, she's growing up so fast! What a sweet girl, she and mamma make a good team!
Does anyone have closer photos showing Mathilde's earrings? They look very interesting, kind of Art Nouveau in style maybe?
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: