A Burgmannenhaus in Neheim/Westphalia. Build around 1360.
Owned by Burgmann Wilhelm Freyseken, who was a member of the knight of Nihem. The family owned it till the 16th century.
After that Hauptmann Israel owned the castle. Swedish-Hesse troups destroyed Fresekenhof 1633.
New owner was Ferdinand Lothar von Bönnighausen, who renovated the castle.
After 3 generations of Bönninghausens, the castle went to Hofrat Friedrich von Wrede-Lohe 1699.
Then in 1718 to Generalmajor Stephan Christian von Folleville. His widow lived at the castle after his death, but she was murdered 1749.
1766 Clemens Lothar von Fürstenberg zu Herdringen acquired it. After 1807 it was a widows castle (wher widows live after the death of the husbands).
Between 1802 and 1892 the castle was rented as courtroom. After the courtcrrom the castle was used as forest warden's office.
After WWII it was a refugee camp.
Today it´s a civic auditorium like civil weddings.