Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal bridegrooms  (Read 13636 times)
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« on: September 19, 2010, 05:56:08 PM »

In my opinion the best looking groom from this generation: Harald V.

Flamingo

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 08:45:32 PM »

Harald was attractive, but I personally think the most attractive of the generation was the Dame, whatever faults the man may have.  (By the way, that second-to-last picture of Harald and Sonja, where she's smiling up at him and he's glancing away as though he's thinking about running, is begging for a caption.) 

Henri/Daisy engagement photo:
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 08:57:21 PM »

A pity that they never had a daughter. How would she look? More like Henrik, I guess. Thinking

Rearden

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 09:16:28 PM »

Flamingo I agree but I would add the duke of Edingburgh (I have a soft spot for him  Blush)

"You can never be too rich or too thin" - HRH The Duchess of Windsor Cambridge
tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 09:27:28 PM »

Flamingo  and Rearden  Star Henri and Philip were very very handsome men in their day. Its a pity that none of their children got the better looking gene, plus there was also some thing about the way they wore a uniform in them days Drool
Rearden

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 09:34:45 PM »

andrew Edward looks like him but as his personality is different so his looks are not enough

William also looks like him, I think he is a mix of his mother and grandfather but he is the boring version of his grandfather while Andrew Edward is the feminine version  Angel

A  Star for you too   Hug
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 11:07:30 PM by Rearden » Logged

tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 09:46:05 PM »

Lovely pictures Rearden I owe you a  Star tomorrow, I think Andrew looks like his Mother, who was lovely looking as well, even now Prince Philip is still very busy and his  looking amazing for his age.
Black and White Photo's did them Justice
Rearden

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 10:02:07 PM »

I didn't want to say Andrew but Edward  Dash2

I agree Andrew doesn't look like his father at all

Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 10:04:49 PM »

Edward was very lovely as a young man, with hair.
At Andrews wedding.

Thanks to TRF
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 10:53:49 PM »

Yes

And Lilibeths father Georg VI.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 11:00:17 PM by Miss Waynfleet » Logged
Flamingo

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2010, 11:03:06 PM »

Oh, I forgot about Philip - he was definitely breathtaking!
Tulip of Nonsense

Large Member

Monaco Monaco

Je chante donc je suis...

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 01:41:30 PM »

Miss Waynfleet, thanks for posting all these historically interesting photos! I feel kind of melancholy for the old-fashioned but truly dignified royalties era, and I always liked Sonia’s very elegant wedding dress.

"I was given a degree by a college of unbeautiful nonsense... And I have kissed a prince in a land where men grind their wheat in the sky..."
Melville Davisson Post
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 03:24:27 PM »

Honestly for me it was Philipp. He looked fab. dashing and did I already say fab? Any handsome groom contest he gets my 10 points.

The dutch (or shall I say deutsch?) bridegrooms get full points as well. Claus was some serious eye candy (a good dentist would have made him a contender for Gary Grant) and his father-in-law (minus the silly glasses, that however were quite normal for the time) was yummy too.
Anirac our poster in dutch residence, once posted an engagement video of the QueenBee, gosh was that sweet. The two handsome men, that chubby but cute young bride giddy with delight, and old mother goose...anyway I found myself thinking that Bernhard looked dashing and not even older than the bridegroom.(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFAWhiSIsWI)

This generation is a tad disappointing isn't it? I mean, apart from jummy Haakon, they aren't quite the hunks to get excited about? Considering that they had rather handsome fathers and their mothers weren't exactly selfhuggers, I wonder what happened to their appearance DNA? Obviously nature considered their looks superfluent, since titles and money makes a man beautiful even if he looks like a toad...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
divinemiss

Warned
Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2010, 03:35:43 PM »

I think Philip looked good too - Elizabeths good looks and Philips good looks seem to have cancelled each other out in their children. Although Elizabeth is certainly aging well so maybe some of her kids will grow into their looks???

Henrik was a good looking man too - what about JC? Was he a looker?
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2010, 03:47:19 PM »

Divine miss: Chuck is heading towards the big 65, Anne is 60, Andrew is 50 and little Eddie is in his mid 40's.
Don't mean to be a spoiler, but at what point in time do you expect someone to grow into looks? As much as I hate to say it, they are all past their prime. though Chuck has indeed prooved to be a better looking elder gentleman than a young dasher.
About JC, he was a good looking chap, his son looks quite like him: tall, slim and (if I may borrow a danish expression:) sportif...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: