Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Royal Family's Lookalike Ancestors  (Read 15333 times)
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 11:33:40 AM »

I have never heard of QueenMary being a redhead. Absolutely not..... Those photos had been black and white originally and were painted with all colours of the rainbow afterwards.....
But May of Teck was no ginger.
HOwever there are lot of ginger-genes floating around in the BRF they pop up everywhere.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
BaronessLee

Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 09:06:46 PM »

I have never heard of QueenMary being a redhead. Absolutely not..... Those photos had been black and white originally and were painted with all colours of the rainbow afterwards.....
But May of Teck was no ginger.
HOwever there are lot of ginger-genes floating around in the BRF they pop up everywhere.

The pictures I have seen, a number of them including on corination mugs, do seem like Mary had at least strawberry blonde hair at the least. The queen also seemed to have a touch when she was little. Queen Alexandra is reported to have been a red head as well. One of Andrew's daughters also has red hair, which did not come from Fergie alone.
tudorfan

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2011, 04:36:38 AM »

I always thought William had the same nose, small football shaped mouth, and long skull, as his ancestor, King George I.

"I was the one who was always pitched out front, whether it was my clothes, what I said, what my hair was doing, everything - which was a pretty dull subject, actually, and it's been exhausted over the years." - Diana
SouthernBelle

Big Member

With my thumbs I like to think I'm probably useful

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2011, 07:04:21 AM »

I always thought William had the same nose, small football shaped mouth, and long skull, as his ancestor, King George I.

That picture can give a person nightmares. If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, the beholder needs new glasses.

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2011, 09:50:23 AM »

That sentence is priceless!!!  Star SouthernBelle

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2011, 01:17:15 AM »

They are not ancestors but I think these two royal ring-ins looks alike:

Catherine Middleton and Wallis Simpson.

They share similar face shapes, similar body shapes and colouring.
They both have/had a mature public demeanor.
Catherine looks great in Wallis style dresses.

tudorfan

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2011, 06:16:22 AM »

They are not ancestors but I think these two royal ring-ins looks alike:

Catherine Middleton and Wallis Simpson.

They share similar face shapes, similar body shapes and colouring.
They both have/had a mature public demeanor.
Catherine looks great in Wallis style dresses.

I think Pippa looks more like Wallis than Kate actually, but I see what you're saying.

"I was the one who was always pitched out front, whether it was my clothes, what I said, what my hair was doing, everything - which was a pretty dull subject, actually, and it's been exhausted over the years." - Diana
Natasha12

Baby Member

Go on HOWL!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2011, 10:06:24 AM »

Awesome thread! It makes tracing Family roots even more fun!
 Star 

Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2011, 07:13:34 PM »

As Pippa is more androgynous than Kate (except for her ass, which guys just die over), I'd have to agree that Pips is closer to Wallis-land than her sister.

Wallis was in a category all to herself. Because she had the face of a Mack truck, she made it with the force of her personality. Kate has none whatsoever.  She is just a grinning cardboard cutout. And the only thing Kate and Walls truly share is a love of the indolent, rich, lazy life.

jusaca

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2011, 11:51:03 PM »

I believe the red hair was from the Spencer Family.  Yes

Red hair is recessive. So he gets it from both sides of his family.

If the rumours about Hewitt are without foundation, they would have been scotched by the BRF.  Discreet DNA testing and some subtly worded press statements would have sorted it out years ago. 

Truth is that the BRF either don't want to deny of the rumours, or they cannot deny of the rumours.  It's not rocket science.

Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2011, 02:43:04 AM »

If the rumours about Hewitt are without foundation, they would have been scotched by the BRF.  Discreet DNA testing and some subtly worded press statements would have sorted it out years ago. 

Truth is that the BRF either don't want to deny of the rumours, or they cannot deny of the rumours.  It's not rocket science.

It's beneath them to even considering "scotching" the rumors.

I've never believed it. And it really doesn't matter - thanks to Edward III, everyone's pretty much related to everyone else on that fair isle.

Nice_Hat

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2011, 03:40:42 AM »

I find it very dubious that a DNA test wasn't done by the press already. To me, it seems like the easiest thing to do. Hewitt is easily accessible. Harry isn't, but he has the clubbing, the snogging girls, the engagements and the military carrier. At some point, viable material is bound to appear. The British papers are ruthless, far from incompetent. IMO, a test (several, in fact) by the media happened but it failed their expectations, and Harry is the prince's kid.

As to why the BRF has never commented upon it... Well, they seem to operate under the premise that it would only be something if they addressed it, which I agree with. Completely ignoring is the best way to say this whole business is rubbish. Harry kept all of his titles and is still third to the throne, the BRF is endorsing him. Furthermore, if they made the tests and showed them to the press, there would be two problems: the first, that they actually considered it (with a plus of doubting Diana and mud sling at her after she's dead), and second, give precedence for the press that if they're bullied enough, the BRF will give in.

CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2019, 09:51:10 PM »

It was fascinating to see that Lord Frederick Windsor looked like Louis Frederick, Prince of Wales.   
The article referred to the son of King George II as Louis Frederick. His name was Frederick Louis. (Friedrich Ludwig when he was in Hanover.)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: