Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diana's Jewelry  (Read 66125 times)
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: February 27, 2017, 09:39:43 PM »

Yes, I also read somewhere she no longer liked the turquoise clasp.  I've tried/am trying to organize all my press photos and clippings of Diana and they are organized enough for the purposes of looking for this.  So she wore the choker pretty frequently in 1982 and 1983 and then hardly at all in 1984.  The only time I have a photo of her wearing it that year was on February 8 at the London Ritz at a party to unveil a new portrait of Charles.  It still has the turquoise clasp.  She was wearing a black velvet dress with polka dots.  Color pictures of that evening can be found in many of the Trevor Hall books.  Anyway the next time she wears the choker, or at least I'm pretty sure, is in Italy on April 28, 1985.  She is wearing a burgundy silk stripe suit with matching hat, the clasp is now all pearls. 

I have a theory.  Around late 1984/early 1985 Diana brought her sapphire brooch from the Queen Mother to the jewelers- I think it was Garrards but I'm not sure, to be turned into the centerpiece of a pearl necklace (which was to become one of her most famous pieces) that she debuted at her brother's 21st birthday party on May 20.  Perhaps no longer fond of the turquoise Diana brought her old choker along to be adjusted when she had her new one commissioned. 

If anyone has anymore information I'd be really interested to hear it.  I hope this helps Lille.  I'm guessing 1990 would be the absolute latest she would have worn it.  The latest picture I remember seeing her wear it in is from 1988.

Does anyone know if this was a wedding present or did she own the choker coming into the marriage?

She also wore it at Harry's christening in December 1984

apn324

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: February 28, 2017, 08:57:22 PM »

Yes, I just noticed that.  Thanks for posting the picture.  My thumbnail was too small to see it but I was looking through a new Japanese book I bought last night and I noticed she was wearing it at the Christening.  Thanks for posting.  I couldn't see in the book whether or not the turquoise beads were still there- as you can see from your photo they still are.  It helps narrow down the timeline.
stunking

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: March 02, 2017, 05:46:10 AM »

Thank you for the info, I actually found a photo of the Queen Mum wearing it on a sash. Possibly given to her by Queen Mary?
Special Kitty

Baby Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2017, 08:09:40 PM »

Special Kitty

Baby Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: April 24, 2017, 08:12:56 PM »

Special Kitty

Baby Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2017, 08:15:26 PM »

Special Kitty

Baby Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2017, 08:19:28 PM »

Special Kitty

Baby Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2017, 08:21:41 PM »

Special Kitty

Baby Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2017, 08:27:08 PM »

Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

New money SHOUTS -> -> old money whispers

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: July 22, 2017, 07:40:07 AM »

I just stumbled across this photo of Diana's Diamond and Aquamarine Dangle Earrings.   Diana really didn't need jewels to shine did she?

More detailed look of the diamond lobe portion of the earring:

rosella

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: July 22, 2017, 10:35:24 AM »

No, Diana didn't need any jewels to shine. I saw her in real life several times, and there was a sort of inner radiance that I've never seen in any other Royal, and I've been in crowds viewing several. She suited aquamarines and pearls beautifully. Hope some of her personal jewellery remains for Harry's wife, whoever she might be.
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: July 23, 2017, 01:14:12 AM »

No, Diana didn't need any jewels to shine. I saw her in real life several times, and there was a sort of inner radiance that I've never seen in any other Royal, and I've been in crowds viewing several. She suited aquamarines and pearls beautifully. Hope some of her personal jewellery remains for Harry's wife, whoever she might be.

I can not image that kind of experience rosella.   

I presume that Harry and his wife will have highly visible roles for many years and while she may have access to some of the jewels in the royal vault, it would be nice for her to also have access to some of Diana's.  I know it was reported that Diana left a letter of wishes stating that her jewellery collection was for her future daughters-in-laws use, so it would be a shame if she doesn't get to wear any of it.

Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: July 23, 2017, 01:39:56 AM »

With the photograph of Kate wearing Princess Diana's pearl bracelet, I started wondering about what other pieces we may start to see. I came here to see and was surprised to find that there are very few pictures of Diana's jewels.  So I thought I would add some photographs of her jewels.

Triple Row Pearl Bracelet with Diamond Spacers

Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: July 23, 2017, 01:48:10 AM »

Aquamarine Ring and and Five Row Pearl with Aquamarine Bracelet.     

Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: July 23, 2017, 02:16:15 AM »

I wonder where all these are and who will get to wear them (hopefully not Kate). I hope Harry finds someone nice who might get to wear these.

I love those aquamarines, including these earrings

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: