Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silvia Sommerlath  (Read 109778 times)
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: December 10, 2013, 11:04:44 PM »

Carl Gustaf isn't following protocol when he shoves Daniel to the back. Silvia basically is in the same position (Silvia is married to the king and Daniel is married to the future queen), but she's never relegated to the back row or the bottom of the guestlist.

Silvia isn't treated as Carl Gustaf's equal, but she's not treated as if she ranks below his sisters.

Queen consort is higher than future prince consort. CG's sisters aren't technically still members of the royal family but the extended royal family.

My13

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2013, 11:14:45 PM »

Carl Gustaf isn't following protocol when he shoves Daniel to the back. Silvia basically is in the same position (Silvia is married to the king and Daniel is married to the future queen), but she's never relegated to the back row or the bottom of the guestlist.

Silvia isn't treated as Carl Gustaf's equal, but she's not treated as if she ranks below his sisters.

Queen consort is higher than future prince consort. CG's sisters aren't technically still members of the royal family but the extended royal family.

I think you misunderstood Smiley I'm not saying protocol calls for Daniel to be placed higher than Silvia. As I said, she's married to the king and he's only married to the future queen. It's logical that she outranks him.

I'm noting that Carl Gustaf has a double standard - he puts Silvia ahead of the born-royals of her generation, but puts Daniel behind the born-royals of *his* generation.

I agree that Margaretha, Désirée and Christina don't really count. However, Princess Birgitta kept her title and remained in the royal house. So did CG's uncle Prince Bertil. They didn't outrank Silvia, either.
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2013, 03:12:49 AM »

I think you misunderstood Smiley I'm not saying protocol calls for Daniel to be placed higher than Silvia. As I said, she's married to the king and he's only married to the future queen. It's logical that she outranks him.

I'm noting that Carl Gustaf has a double standard - he puts Silvia ahead of the born-royals of her generation, but puts Daniel behind the born-royals of *his* generation.

I agree that Margaretha, Désirée and Christina don't really count. However, Princess Birgitta kept her title and remained in the royal house. So did CG's uncle Prince Bertil. They didn't outrank Silvia, either.

Oh, I think I did!  Grin Well, here's a hopeless (I'd like to think 'hopeful') romantic speaking but maybe he has a double standard when it comes to Silvia because she's his darling...    Blush Oh well, that is how I would like to think he feels about her anyway. Or maybe a queen outranks princesses? Oh darn, I'm not an expert in protocol by any means! Daniel is the guy who "stole" his daughter, so...  Secret Maybe it's intentional, maybe not. I don't know but I do know what a difficult thing it can be for dads when their daughters marry.

tudorfan

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: December 18, 2013, 05:55:37 PM »

I always thought she looked like Ali MacGraw when she was young Smiley, and he looks like Kelsey Grammer.   Crap

"I was the one who was always pitched out front, whether it was my clothes, what I said, what my hair was doing, everything - which was a pretty dull subject, actually, and it's been exhausted over the years." - Diana
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: December 18, 2013, 08:34:06 PM »

She did have a marked resemblance to Ali McGraw, I have always thought so too! And she looked just like my mom, they could be twins.
BTW on the last pic, with her in that pretty evening gown and CG, you can tell she is Victoria's mom. Only she was much more pretty.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
AliCat

Gigantic Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: December 18, 2013, 08:38:44 PM »

She did have a marked resemblance to Ali McGraw, I have always thought so too! And she looked just like my mom, they could be twins.
BTW on the last pic, with her in that pretty evening gown and CG, you can tell she is Victoria's mom. Only she was much more pretty.

She was very pretty in her days (IMO prettier than vickan and madde Secret), it's funny how the kids are such a mix of Silvia and CG, though madde is the only one who got CG's colouring.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: January 31, 2015, 03:18:53 PM »

Silvia as a 2-year-old  Smiley

Imperial Majesty

Small Member

Madeleine's reaction to the wedding

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: March 19, 2017, 06:52:20 AM »

Never seen this photo before. She looks lovely.

http://www.gettyimages.ca...unich-picture-id644949125
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: March 19, 2017, 05:41:22 PM »

She looked lovely. She would be still very nice looking (she kept her figure) if she had not turned her face into the JOKER. Plus I don't like her double standards when it comes to protocoll ....
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: October 16, 2017, 01:48:00 PM »

Photo of Silvia taken in 1974. I think Madeleine resembles her a lot in this one

Olya

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: October 16, 2017, 01:55:10 PM »

Photo of Silvia taken in 1974. I think Madeleine resembles her a lot in this one

She does! I love old pics of Silvia, she was beautiful! No wonder Madde resembles her though, Vic & Madde sometimes look like twins when the light & angle is right! 
Phina

Large Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: October 16, 2017, 02:01:51 PM »

Yes you're right!  I see Leonore in Silvia here too.
Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: October 16, 2017, 02:08:03 PM »

Wow, what a timeless beauty Silvia was!! She looked like Ali Mc Graw and Lynda Carter... Damn plastic surgery, which turned her exquisite features into a sad joker mask :-(
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: October 16, 2017, 05:25:15 PM »

She was a beautiful girl, so vivid look, such a warm smile, such a style and confidence!

I rarely see a resemblance between Maddie and Silvia but in the pic above is obvious!

AddiesGirl
Banned
Banned
Big Member

"I am aware that you believe me insane" - Sisi

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: October 16, 2017, 06:09:40 PM »

She does! I love old pics of Silvia, she was beautiful! No wonder Madde resembles her though, Vic & Madde sometimes look like twins when the light & angle is right!  

You're right, I never noticed before, that's so sweet! I think Estelle resembles her around the eyes and mouth as well. What a beautiful picture, thank you for sharing Lady Adelaide! Star
Ah, white go-go boots, I remember begging my parents for some at Christmas, quite the rage the back then  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: