Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish history, culture and miscellaneous thread  (Read 128531 times)
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: May 13, 2011, 02:30:31 PM »

"Mio, min Mio" is one of my childhood favorite's books too .

Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: May 15, 2011, 05:04:49 PM »

I like Lars Hollmer. Sadly he died 2008.  Sad

The played in the movie "Pane e Tulipani" one song from him "Franska Valsen"

http://www.youtube.com/wa...ECdNQ&feature=related

Marianne
Banned
Small Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: May 15, 2011, 05:17:18 PM »

"Mio, min Mio" is one of my childhood favorite's books too .

One of my favorites too. All of her books are wonderfull.

(And I do also love the little prince, but that is another thread)
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: May 15, 2011, 05:57:03 PM »

It's a truly beautiful book!!  Thumb up

Idun

Huge Member

Vatican City State Vatican City State

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: May 26, 2011, 11:17:30 AM »

Ingemar Bergman switched at birth?

A DNA analysis proves that Karin Bergman, alleged mother of Ingmar Bergman, wasn't the biological mother of Ingmar Bergman. Karin Bergmans maternal granddaughter, has compared her own, Karins and Ingmars DNA it the result is intriguing.

In Bergman family everything had been analysed, gone through things over and over again. There has never been any room for family secrets. That's why I'm so surprised about this result, which, with great certainty confirms that Karin Bergman can't have been his mother.

When Karin Bergman, gave birth to her son the 14th of July 1918, she had been seriously ill for a long time and it's possible that the child didn't survive.
I havn't talked to the hospital in Uppsala, whether there were a stillborn child born during that period, so far, it's just a thought. But I think that's what happend and that her husband Erik switched the stillborn for a child that had been born by a woman called Hedvig Sj÷berg in Stockholm.

The mystery is even bigger, since it seems that Karin knew nothing that Ingmar wasn't the child she had given birth to in 1918, but a changeling. She was ill in the Spanish flu, and the newborn baby was very ill and already at the hospital, the staff feared for his life. The child was baptized immidiately. According to Bergman himself, the ill child was brought to Dalarna, baptized again and taken care of by another woman.

Two baptism, but one child? Maybe Erik, a priest in Stockholm at the time, forged the birth information, fearing that Karin would leave him if anything happend to the child. A letter from Karins mother, supports that Karin could have done that.

Karin Bergman

Hedvig Sj÷berg

hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: May 26, 2011, 11:32:32 AM »

Yikes Yikes Yikes

what a twist in the plot! I wouldn't want anyone to find something like that about me  Shocked

so sad for the other woman or wasn't she able to take care of the baby?

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

MerryPeacock

Mini Member

Sweden Sweden

At the Vanity Fair: Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: May 26, 2011, 01:18:59 PM »

A DNA analysis proves that Karin Bergman, alleged mother of Ingmar Bergman, wasn't the biological mother of Ingmar Bergman. Karin Bergmans maternal granddaughter, has compared her own, Karins and Ingmars DNA it the result is intriguing.

In Bergman family everything had been analysed, gone through things over and over again. There has never been any room for family secrets. That's why I'm so surprised about this result, which, with great certainty confirms that Karin Bergman can't have been his mother.

When Karin Bergman, gave birth to her son the 14th of July 1918, she had been seriously ill for a long time and it's possible that the child didn't survive.
I havn't talked to the hospital in Uppsala, whether there were a stillborn child born during that period, so far, it's just a thought. But I think that's what happend and that her husband Erik switched the stillborn for a child that had been born by a woman called Hedvig Sj÷berg in Stockholm.

The mystery is even bigger, since it seems that Karin knew nothing that Ingmar wasn't the child she had given birth to in 1918, but a changeling. She was ill in the Spanish flu, and the newborn baby was very ill and already at the hospital, the staff feared for his life. The child was baptized immidiately. According to Bergman himself, the ill child was brought to Dalarna, baptized again and taken care of by another woman.

Two baptism, but one child? Maybe Erik, a priest in Stockholm at the time, forged the birth information, fearing that Karin would leave him if anything happend to the child. A letter from Karins mother, supports that Karin could have done that.

Karin Bergman

Hedvig Sj÷berg

Thanks Idun for the digging !  Star Star Star Very interesting...The Master of Drama still creates drama even when he is dead  Smiley

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.

Oscar Wilde
Idun

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: May 26, 2011, 01:53:00 PM »

Yikes Yikes Yikes

what a twist in the plot! I wouldn't want anyone to find something like that about me  Shocked

so sad for the other woman or wasn't she able to take care of the baby?

Don't know, it seems that his father was a tyrant and that he didn't want Karin to leave him, and gave her the child of his mistress instead Nerves
Karin wrote diares every day of her life, when Erik Bergman was able to read them after her death he "realized that he had never known the woman he was married with for over 50 years". She loved a young priest, he was "the life in my life" and she obvioulsy thought about leaving him. This is so sad and crazy.

Sorry about the crappy English, I was trying to work and write at the same time  Blush  Star MP (would love to hear your opinion about Snake girl and the recent events).  Banana
Cara

Humongous Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: May 26, 2011, 02:01:52 PM »

wow. life is stranger than fiction.

will they analyze the dna from the other woman or her family ?

please keep us posted.
abs

Humongous Member

Svalbard and Jan Mayen Svalbard and Jan Mayen

Illegal substances? MOI???!!!

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: May 26, 2011, 02:18:58 PM »

Karin Bergman

Hedvig Sj÷berg

Thanks Idun for the digging !  Star Star Star Very interesting...The Master of Drama still creates drama even when he is dead  Smiley

Wow! I think that Ingmar Bergman looks like Hedvig Sj÷berg and her son! What a story!

SEXY,SEXY!!!
Idun

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: May 26, 2011, 05:06:37 PM »

wow. life is stranger than fiction.

will they analyze the dna from the other woman or her family ?

please keep us posted.

I think they will. Karin's granddaughter Veronica read a book written by Hedvigs granddaughter, Louise. In that book, Louise Tillberg wrote about how very much alike her father Holger and her uncle G÷sta was to Ingmar Bergman and that she thought they had to be siblings. People who knew Bergman could mistake the brothers to be him, even his granddaughter did. When her father had died, she saw him on the street and then in the last moment understood that it was Bergman (both lived in Stockholm).

Veronica sent 15 envelopes and postcards with stamps to a DNA test, and they took two tests, one stamp from 1931 and the other from 1951. It was the same DNA on both of them, and the test confirmed that they didn't have a common maternal ancestor. His children doesn't want to talk about it, quite understandable. They seem to be in shock. Sadly, it's possible that Bergman himself found out about this. A letter was sent to him just 2 weeks before he died. He loved his mother, so I really hope he never read it  No

There are similarities alright Shocked

Holger Tillberg

joys54

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: May 26, 2011, 07:28:05 PM »

What a bizarre story Idun, and such a talented director he was!!  And for today CONGRATULATIONS on your fantastic milestone and all of your posts...you keep them coming sweetie! Hug Star Jumping
MerryPeacock

Mini Member

Sweden Sweden

At the Vanity Fair: Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: May 26, 2011, 09:18:04 PM »

Banana Idun, congratulations to your 2000 posts !!  Champagne Star Star Star Hug

Oh...I don't like the Snakegirl at all....I can't find the English word for her, but "Go' dag Yxskaft"- describes her very well. She dosen't knows how to behave and she isn't cleaver either. Try to start a conversation with her and you end up in nothing (or you can't even start a dialogue since the response is "Go' dag Yxskaft" (Idun, what is the English equivalence to Go' dag Yxskaft?  Confused  ). His former girlfriend, Emma, is a lovely girl ! She is intelligent, independent and very nice. Pity they choosed to end their relationship... But CP loves (or likes..you never know with him) the Snakegirl and perhaps that is whats count at the end of the day...Exactly what she feels for CP I don't know since I allways feel that she lacks depth (intellectually and emotionally) Thank the Good Lord that he isn't the Crown Prince anymore . Imagine Snakegirl as queen...  Crazy Whistle I hope they will not get married thou, but only live together

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.

Oscar Wilde
Nappes_911

Mini Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Nappe's 911

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: May 26, 2011, 09:45:43 PM »

what is the English equivalence to Go' dag Yxskaft?

I'd say "What's up, doc?"

I foudn this about the more literal meaning:

"Good day, axe-handles."

Notes: Usually said when someone says something that is totally off topic. The proverb originates from a story about a deaf man who used to sit outside his house, making axe-handles. Not hearing what people said he had learnt by heart the answers to what people usually asked him/said to him. Most people passing by would simply greet him and then ask him what he was making. But one day a stranger came along and asked him for the way to town, and so the answers turned into nonsense.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #164 on: May 26, 2011, 09:49:24 PM »

what is the English equivalence to Go' dag Yxskaft?

I'd say "What's up, doc?"

I wouldn't - unless Go' dag Yxskaft means something else in Swedish than it does in Danish Confused
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: