Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish history, culture and miscellaneous thread  (Read 130537 times)
Miss_Denmark

Micro Member

Denmark Denmark

Sofia upgraded her tiara Marystyle

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: May 26, 2011, 11:06:43 PM »

Banana Idun, congratulations to your 2000 posts !!  Champagne Star Star Star Hug

Oh...I don't like the Snakegirl at all....I can't find the English word for her, but "Go' dag Yxskaft"- describes her very well. She dosen't knows how to behave and she isn't cleaver either. Try to start a conversation with her and you end up in nothing (or you can't even start a dialogue since the response is "Go' dag Yxskaft" (Idun, what is the English equivalence to Go' dag Yxskaft? 

Funny, in Denmark we say: "Goddag mand økseskaft" (Hello man axe handle!) for people talking jibberish or maybe the word is hogwash. It has the meaning, that you ask a person a question and they answer with the same dept and clarity as the sentence "Hello man axe handle" - which would be nill   Thumb up  - You say afterwards... "It was totally hello man....etc"
Rearden

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: May 26, 2011, 11:13:42 PM »

Banana jump Banana Congraaats Idun!!!! Banana  Banana jump

Hug

----

About the SG, I don't know how that is going to work, she is not clever, he isn't, it's going to be a big mess.  Crap

"You can never be too rich or too thin" - HRH The Duchess of Windsor Cambridge
Paddy1311

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: May 27, 2011, 01:04:14 AM »

Congrats on reaching 2000posts, Idun    Star Champagne

Banana Banana jump Banana Banana jump
Idun

Huge Member

Vatican City State Vatican City State

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: May 27, 2011, 08:41:53 PM »

Thank you Rearden, Paddy and my dear Joys Hug lets have some more nanas, you can never have enough of them Banana  Banana  Star

what is the English equivalence to Go' dag Yxskaft?

I'd say "What's up, doc?"

I wouldn't - unless Go' dag Yxskaft means something else in Swedish than it does in Danish Confused

It's the same in Danish  Yes I read somewhere that there's no proper British equivalent, but that "what has that got to do with the price of fish" was the closest saying.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 09:31:46 PM by Idun » Logged
MerryPeacock

Mini Member

Sweden Sweden

At the Vanity Fair: Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: May 27, 2011, 09:15:20 PM »

Thank you Rearden and Paddy Hug and some more nanas of course Banana  Banana  Star

what is the English equivalence to Go' dag Yxskaft?

I'd say "What's up, doc?"

I wouldn't - unless Go' dag Yxskaft means something else in Swedish than it does in Danish Confused

It's the same in Danish  Yes I read somewhere that there's no proper British equivalent, but that "what has that got to do with the price of fish" was the closest saying.

Many thanks Idun, Miss Denmark, Maria and Nappes_911  Hug Smiley Smiley

Snakegirl =  Blink

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.

Oscar Wilde
Idun

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: May 27, 2011, 09:28:51 PM »

Snakegirl =  Blink

Förlåt MP, jag glömde bort att tacka dig  Yikes  Blush så tack i efterhand...  Hug Star

Snake is a mystery to me, I think that she'll be succesful and marry CP. MP, do you know anything about her shenanigans in NY? I found some pics of her attending a party with rich and some famous persons, it wasn't really like her, so I guess she could have tried to climb the ladder for some time. Do you know if she reads RD? I have seen her friends defend her quite passionate on other sites  Secret
MerryPeacock

Mini Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: May 27, 2011, 09:44:33 PM »

Snakegirl =  Blink

Förlåt MP, jag glömde bort att tacka dig  Yikes  Blush så tack i efterhand...  Hug Star

Snake is a mystery to me, I think that she'll be succesful and marry CP. MP, do you know anything about her shenanigans in NY? I found some pics of her attending a party with rich and some famous persons, it wasn't really like her, so I guess she could have tried to climb the ladder for some time. Do you know if she reads RD? I have seen her friends defend her quite passionate on other sites  Secret

Du behöver inte tacka mig  Hug och svar ja på din fråga om Ormtjejen läser RD. Helt ärligt så förstår jag inte varför en del medlemmar här inte vill tro att (en del) kungliga och (en del av) deras bekanta faktiskt läser RD.

Snakegirl is a girl you never learn to really know (main reason, according to my opinion, is that she lacks depth in every sense). I agree with you. Snakegirl has a marvelous talent to find people who can help her to climb the social ladder, but she hasen't learned the social codes for the upper classes yet and many people dislike her because she simply dosen't knows how to behave. She is not a mean person, but she isn't the girl you want your son to marry either. I don't like to use the word "trash" about people, but she is..sorry, but true  Confused

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.

Oscar Wilde
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #172 on: May 27, 2011, 09:47:48 PM »

Du behöver inte tacka mig  Hug och svar ja på din fråga om Ormtjejen läser RD. Helt ärligt så förstår jag inte varför en del medlemmar här inte vill tro att (en del) kungliga och (en del av) deras bekanta faktiskt läser RD.

Snakegirl is a girl you never learn to really know (main reason, according to my opinion, is that she lacks depth in every sense). I agree with you. Snakegirl has a marvelous talent to find people who can help her to climb the social ladder, but she hasen't learned the social codes for the upper classes yet and many people dislike her because she simply dosen't knows how to behave. She is not a mean person, but she isn't the girl you want your son to marry either. I don't like to use the word "trash" about people, but she is..sorry, but true  Confused

Jeg troede bare ikke, at sitet er stort nok til, at nogen af dem har opdaget os Confused Men mange tak for dine insights - de er meget værdsatte Champagne
Idun

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: May 27, 2011, 10:09:26 PM »

Because what we write here, is meant for the other posters...  Then it is a strange feeling knowing that you may have insulted royals over and over again and they know it Tongue so I'm in total denial here Cute  Halo

I think it's a bit strange that SG cares about what others think about her, if she doesn't have any depth. Wanting to end up in magazines is one thing, but to read what we say, and care and learn from it? It just doesn't sound like something she'd do (at least not for me), but maybe the stake is so high she can't afford not to.

Regarding the codes for the nobility, correct me if I'm wrong, but I've always thought that there are nobles that are more conservative than the SRF. The nobles I've met ... well, I'm used to meeting persons from all over the world, that's how my life has always been. Yet I sometimes feel more estranged by nobles than foreigners. Even some of those nobles I know very well can really surprise me from time to time. They're all really, really charming persons with great personalities but they certainly have different codes, it's noticeable.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 10:44:12 PM by Idun » Logged
MerryPeacock

Mini Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: May 27, 2011, 10:23:38 PM »

Jeg troede bare ikke, at sitet er stort nok til, at nogen af dem har opdaget os Confused Men mange tak for dine insights - de er meget værdsatte Champagne

Maria, you, Thomas and RD are famous in those circles (a great achivement considering how huge internet is)  Champagne Champagne to you both  Smiley Compare RD to the Sugar Boards. The Sugarboards are full of nonsense and crap. This board is one of the few (the only one ?) where these people actually can read what other people think about them. I wouldn't read anything about myself, but people are different. Some love to read about themselvs or just keep themselvs updated (or whatever the reason is) so keep up the good work Maria, Thomas and all Dishers  Beer

Oscar Wilde
MerryPeacock

Mini Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: May 27, 2011, 10:48:48 PM »

Ok, jag låter som en tjurig 3-åring men det är som om de läser nån annans dagbok  Vi skriver till varandra, för varandra. Sen är det en märklig känsla att jag kanske lyckats toffla till den ena knugligheten efter den andra och att de vet det  Nerves I'm in total denial here Cute  Halo

I think it's a bit strange that SG cares about what others think about her, if she doesn't have any depth. Wanting to end up in magazines is one thing, but to read what we say, and care and learn from it? It just doesn't sound like something she'd do (at least not for me), but maybe the stake is so high she can't afford not to.

Regarding the codes for the nobility, correct me if I'm wrong, but I've always thought that there are nobles that are way more conservative than the SRF. The nobles I've met ... well, I'm used to meeting persons from all over the world, that's how my life has always been. Yet I sometimes feel more estranged by nobles than foreigners. Even some of those nobles I would call friends can really surprise me from time to time. The rest of the nobles I know are just really, really charming persons with great personalities but they certainly have different codes, it's noticeable.
Laugh bounce Laugh bounce "tjurig 3-åring"  Laugh bounce Snakegirl is, as many others, curious what is written about herself. She seeks attention. Also I think it's important for her to be somebody. Remember she hasen't achieved anything on her own...her "success" has allways been due to somebody else. And God forbid she and CP will get married !!  Nerves

Re the codes for the nobility. You are absolutly right. First of all many noble families in Sweden consider the SRF to be bourgeoisie due to Jean Baptiste Bernadotte's background and I know people who are annoyed that Karl (Charles) XIII's son died when he was still an infant. Thereafter the adopted son, the Danish prince Karl August (Kristian August) suddenly died. Both events paved the way for the "french commoners". It happened over 200 years ago, but to the noble families in Sweden it still matters. Unfortunatly many members of the Bernadotte House have had very poor judgement and not behaved as you expect from royalties. CG is far from being the only Bernadotte who lacks good ethics. And all that matters to the nobility.

Oscar Wilde
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: May 28, 2011, 12:46:03 PM »

Maria, you, Thomas and RD are famous in those circles (a great achivement considering how huge internet is)  Champagne Champagne to you both  Smiley Compare RD to the Sugar Boards. The Sugarboards are full of nonsense and crap. This board is one of the few (the only one ?) where these people actually can read what other people think about them. I wouldn't read anything about myself, but people are different. Some love to read about themselvs or just keep themselvs updated (or whatever the reason is) so keep up the good work Maria, Thomas and all Dishers  Beer

Sounds good  Smiley

Idun

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: May 31, 2011, 09:10:32 AM »

Terrorist attacks against IKEA  Shocked

Several explosions has taken place in different IKEA stores around Europe. In Eindhoven, Netherlands, a trash bin exploded, in Gent, Belgium, two pallets exploded in the store department, in Lille, France, an alarm clock exploded. The same explosives were found at the three sites  Secret

Holly Golightly

Gigantic Member

New Caledonia New Caledonia

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: May 31, 2011, 09:52:35 AM »

Terrorist attacks against IKEA  Shocked

Several explosions has taken place in different IKEA stores around Europe. In Eindhoven, Netherlands, a trash bin exploded, in Gent, Belgium, two pallets exploded in the store department, in Lille, France, an alarm clock exploded. The same explosives were found at the three sites  Secret

Shocked

That's terrible - I hope no one was injured or killed  No
Idun

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: May 31, 2011, 08:02:45 PM »

Shocked

That's terrible - I hope no one was injured or killed  No

No, but they've found several other bombs  Nerves and of course, everyone here is joking about that it's an angry customer who couldn't build his shelf....  Halo
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: