Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish history, culture and miscellaneous thread  (Read 112253 times)
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: July 20, 2021, 02:06:06 AM »

Newspaper illustration of the wedding between Princess Victoria of Baden and Crown Prince Gustav of Sweden in Karlsruhe in 1881       
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/645351821601595011

I wonder who the woman standing in the centre is? It looks like she is wearing the aquamarine kokoshnik, but I am unsure when that tiara was created, nor if the woman in question would have acces to it.

The Aquamarine Kokosnik came from the collection of Princess Margaret of Connaught, who married the future King Gustaf VI Adolf.

Thank you! So sadly not the tiara in this picture, but I'm sure it still dazzled!!

Also, a  Star to you CS for your impeccable posts  Hug

Did the Swedish Royal Family have a Kokosnik style tiara before 1881?   

SvenskaSarah, Thank you for your kind words!
SvenskaSarah

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: July 20, 2021, 10:27:50 AM »

Newspaper illustration of the wedding between Princess Victoria of Baden and Crown Prince Gustav of Sweden in Karlsruhe in 1881       
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/645351821601595011

I wonder who the woman standing in the centre is? It looks like she is wearing the aquamarine kokoshnik, but I am unsure when that tiara was created, nor if the woman in question would have acces to it.

The Aquamarine Kokosnik came from the collection of Princess Margaret of Connaught, who married the future King Gustaf VI Adolf.

Thank you! So sadly not the tiara in this picture, but I'm sure it still dazzled!!

Also, a  Star to you CS for your impeccable posts  Hug

Did the Swedish Royal Family have a Kokosnik style tiara before 1881?   

SvenskaSarah, Thank you for your kind words!

I'm really not sure, to be honest the woman in the picture may be from the bride's family as she's stood to the left of the bride. It was just the centre jewel that reminded me of the aquamarine  Smiley
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: July 22, 2021, 06:42:22 PM »

For some reason I thought the aquamarine kokoshnik (now with Princess Margrethe) was a wedding present to Sybilla from "uncle" Ferdinand, former tsar of Bulgaria.
SvenskaSarah

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: July 23, 2021, 05:50:07 PM »

For some reason I thought the aquamarine kokoshnik (now with Princess Margrethe) was a wedding present to Sybilla from "uncle" Ferdinand, former tsar of Bulgaria.

It more than probably is- I have a terrible memory so can't remember squiddle about anything! I shall have a Google now  Cool
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: July 24, 2021, 02:01:26 AM »

http://www.royalwatcherbl...4/30/swedish-royal-tiaras declared: Originating from Crown Princess Margaret of Sweden the Aquamarine Kokoshnik   
However, there is no mention of when the Princess received it.
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: July 24, 2021, 02:08:35 AM »

http://www.royalwatcherbl...4/30/swedish-royal-tiaras declared: Originating from Crown Princess Margaret of Sweden the Aquamarine Kokoshnik   

The Swedes really do have some interesting and beautiful tiaras. Thanks Cyril!  Star
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: July 25, 2021, 02:08:53 AM »

The Swedes really do have some interesting and beautiful tiaras. Thanks Cyril!  Star

anastasia, You are welcome!   Yes Yes
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: August 24, 2021, 02:09:25 AM »

After the meeting of parliament in Stockholm, Sweden in 1560, Eric XIV received the title of "hereditary king".
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: