Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Ingrid Alexandras 18th birthday 21.01.2022  (Read 5321 times)
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2022, 02:39:40 PM »

To dagbladet in an article that speculates that Princess Ingrid Alexandra will get Princess Ragnhilds jewels for her 18th birthday the Guri Varpe at the palace says;

- It is a more than hundred-year-old tradition that members of the royal family in their lifetime have been allowed to have the sole use of certain objects / jewelry that belong to His Majesty the King. When the person has passed away, this is returned to His Majesty the King. This happened at the passing of Queen Maud, Crown Princess Märtha and Princess Ragnhild, Mrs. Lorentzen, the head of communications at the Royal Court, Guri Varpe, informs Dagbladet.

There is no further confirmation that Ingrid will have theese jewels, only speculation. It is also said that it is the jewels after Queen Maud that is returned, i.e not those that comes from Princess Ingeborg, which is what Princess Astrid also have said before. The court will not answer if it has been decided that the Princess should inherit a tiara for her 18th birthday. Other speculate a new tiara will be bought or made by a norwegian jewellery designer.

One could wish that the Norwegian royal court would be as open about the jewels as the swedish and danish couterparts and do an exhibition, a book or a TV program, especially whilst Princess Astrid is still alive, who is probably the one who knows the most, but it seems very difficult for them to share anything relating to the jewels. In Denmark there will be a whole exhbition about Magrethes private jewels as soon as covid allows.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2022, 07:16:11 PM »

I just had a birthday very far removed from the one Princess Ingrid Alexandra will have and I found myself thinking about how little I knew about anything when I turned 18. And how much I thought I knew.  I wonder about the princess' visits to the various government offices  to mark this day. What could possibly be inside that 18-year-old's head?

I do hope she gets a cool ``starter'' tiara from her grandparents, but also that she's able to stay out of the limelight for a few more years. If I'd had that much attention focused on me at that age, it would seriously have gone to my head. I made enough stupid mistakes at that age without social media or the rabid press to document and preserve the errors of my ways, thank goodness.
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2022, 11:13:34 AM »

She has given her first interview til NRK which will show on friday on her birthday.

In the very short clip released she says she looks forward to more freedom like travelling alone and driving a car ( from one who probabaly is never really alone, always with police😔)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYuThRbIImx/
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: