Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett is engaged  (Read 15116 times)
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: June 26, 2022, 02:36:45 PM »

They're not married yet.  There's still time for the blight to be taken care of ...
we used to say the same thing about Sofia of Sweden but we are pretty much stuck with her. I remember I was hoping that maybe something will happen/will leak even a day before the wedding and they won't get married.
At least, CP and Sof seem to have a lovely family and she's unsuitable but not that creepy (although many of her past actions are questionable)

Indeed she has been white washed

I will begrudgingly say that Sofia hasn't really put a foot wrong since becoming a member of the Swedish family.  Questionable fashion choices?  Sometimes.  Some questionable associations (her continued involvement with Project Playground/owning property in South Africa)?  Perhaps.  But nothing dramatic.  Nothing startling.  Sofia lives a quiet life which IMO is the optimal way for any royal (or any exceedingly rich/aristo) person to get along these days.  There's no drama.  I think Conman is one of those who thrives on drama.  And of course, "looker me!"

I have to agree. Harmless.

She and he are harmless with lots of photos and events that are meaningful for them and not for anyone else ....
Isabel

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: June 26, 2022, 02:44:30 PM »

I agree, as much as I don't like Sofia (no one changes that much - her previous actions tell us what she is really like IMO) she does at least get on with "royal life" relatively well and quietly.

Even if Derick was giving interview fair enough but it is possible to do so without courting drama and attention as he seems to love doing. He is trouble with a capital T.

Actually, I disagree with this.  It may not be the popular view in this forum but Sofia's previous professional life was her own and she lived her life as a single independent woman.  Durkek however has been exploiting his connection with Martha Louise in instagram and twitter, before, during and after being presented as part of the royal family.

Big difference.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #137 on: June 26, 2022, 03:18:08 PM »

I agree, as much as I don't like Sofia (no one changes that much - her previous actions tell us what she is really like IMO) she does at least get on with "royal life" relatively well and quietly.

Even if Derick was giving interview fair enough but it is possible to do so without courting drama and attention as he seems to love doing. He is trouble with a capital T.

Actually, I disagree with this.  It may not be the popular view in this forum but Sofia's previous professional life was her own and she lived her life as a single independent woman.  Durkek however has been exploiting his connection with Martha Louise in instagram and twitter, before, during and after being presented as part of the royal family.

Big difference.

It was not just her own professional life, when her lies about her past filters into her royal work. She’s also an official representative of Sweden and her children are in line to the throne. She was extremely unsuitable as a royal married-in but has suffered zero consequences of her behaviour.

Derek is awful but he won’t be a prince, an official representative of Norway and he won’t have children in line to the throne. Just like ML is in a less prominent position in the NRF than CP is in the SRF.
Isabel

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: June 26, 2022, 03:30:21 PM »

Big difference.

It was not just her own professional life, when her lies about her past filters into her royal work. She’s also an official representative of Sweden and her children are in line to the throne. She was extremely unsuitable as a royal married-in but has suffered zero consequences of her behaviour.

Derek is awful but he won’t be a prince, an official representative of Norway and he won’t have children in line to the throne. Just like ML is in a less prominent position in the NRF than CP is in the SRF.

Frankly, I have no idea about Sofia past filters into her royal work but with few exceptions all royal families do a PR clean up about those who are about to join them, and those who being already members of the royal family have behaviours less than exemplary (most of which, we plebs know little about until they explode anyway)

Durek is also a representative of Norway when he appears officially with the royal family in official celebrations. And he's exploiting the royal connection publicly and openly from the beginning of the relationship.   
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: June 26, 2022, 05:01:09 PM »

Big difference.

Frankly, I have no idea about Sofia past filters into her royal work but with few exceptions all royal families do a PR clean up about those who are about to join them, and those who being already members of the royal family have behaviours less than exemplary (most of which, we plebs know little about until they explode anyway)

Durek is also a representative of Norway when he appears officially with the royal family in official celebrations. And he's exploiting the royal connection publicly and openly from the beginning of the relationship.   

Such as...

from 2019, and the "Princess and the Shaman" tour

Cool your jets, everyone
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: June 26, 2022, 06:05:53 PM »

Blink Oj. She ist just ridiculous. No
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #141 on: June 26, 2022, 06:10:05 PM »

He won’t be Prince Derek. He won’t belong to the royal house. He’s a reflection of ML who, quite frankly, has been like this for many years. She earned money teaching people to speak to angles after all. IIRC this was what made her step back from her official work as princess because people thought she wasn’t acting as a princess should. I think most Norwegians will continue to think this of her and Derek.
periwinkle

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: June 26, 2022, 07:21:25 PM »

That picture is horrible she is reaching out for him and he is not recognizing her facing the camera dead on. Not good optics but tells us a story.
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: June 26, 2022, 07:29:35 PM »

That picture is horrible she is reaching out for him and he is not recognizing her facing the camera dead on. Not good optics but tells us a story.

Yep.

Cliche warning . . . a picture's worth a thousand words.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill
Lucille

Baby Member

Norway Norway

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: June 26, 2022, 09:02:20 PM »

He won’t be Prince Derek. He won’t belong to the royal house. He’s a reflection of ML who, quite frankly, has been like this for many years. She earned money teaching people to speak to angles after all. IIRC this was what made her step back from her official work as princess because people thought she wasn’t acting as a princess should. I think most Norwegians will continue to think this of her and Derek.

I don't think that is quite how it happened. She stopped using the HRH title in 2002, so she could be free to carry out commercial work. This was 5 years before the angels and all that nonsense. At that (2002)  time she worked with culture and Norwegia folklore. She continued to be known as princess after she stopped using the HRH. She didn't stop using the Princess title in connection with work until she started working with Derek, as a direct consequence of the massive critisicm she received for using her title in the marketing of the  Princess and the shaman-tour.
Nightowl

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: June 27, 2022, 09:16:18 AM »

Blink Oj. She ist just ridiculous. No

This is beyond ridiculous, it is disgusting period!
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: June 27, 2022, 04:42:05 PM »

Dead

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome à Paris - paraphrased)
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: June 27, 2022, 06:23:33 PM »

If anyone missed Martha Louise and Derek's incredible Vanity Fair article the first time round... https://www.vanityfair.co...e-princess-and-the-shaman

The interviewer has a session with Derek and... well...

Acupuncture team, he called into the otherwise empty room, stick a needle in the upper quadrant of the ear to release the frustration gates. Push more. Twist. Keep twisting. That’s right. Good, he said to the invisible acupuncture team and their needles. Download the medicine into the body, he urged. Go ahead and bring electrical shock pulses into her body. Shock her system with electricity. Shock her again. Shock her again. Shock her at four hundred. Okay, now eight hundred. Eleven hundred. Spirits, open up her bronchial tubes. Can we get a clamp? Keep the bronchial tubes open. (Is this sterile?) Spin your electrons even faster. Can you feel that buzzing? (No.) Download in her body the most amazing spa day, the energy from the ocean, and the wind that it blows on my body. (Sounds lovely.) Yawn out the poison. Cough it out, he implored throughout the session....

I had started to sweat lightly, because the room was not air-conditioned and it was the beginning of summer in Manhattan; and because I, a germophobe before it was pandemic-cool, had been on the floor of a hotel room for nearly an hour; and because I knew from the waiver that Durek’s manager asked me to sign (yes, the shaman has two managers, a P.R. spokeswoman, a coordinator, a lawyer, a chief operating officer, and a media manager) that this really could go anywhere.

The waiver had struck me as odd. There were instructions for what to avoid before my session (no meat, alcohol, or cigarettes 24 hours prior) and what I should do when I reached the hotel, and it all seemed fantastic. Gwyneth Paltrow’s shaman was dating the Princess of Norway, and together they were reading my energy and spirits—a service for which the shaman usually charges $1,000—in a suite overlooking Park Avenue. The fact that they were asking me to sign a waiver seemed like another fun little detail. I breezily skimmed it, as I do with all waivers before I carelessly sign them, and forwarded it to my dad for an afternoon chuckle and a glimpse of what I was working on. He called me within a minute.

“This waiver—” my dad said over the phone.

“—I know!” I interrupted. “How funny?”

“You can’t sign it,” he said. My dad is a lawyer. “Did you happen to get to paragraph five or six where it talks about entering your genitals?”

I hadn’t. The waiver seemed long and he was a shaman. I cringed and told him I had to go and scrolled down to those paragraphs...

or

Durek and Martha are rarely in the same room without being physically connected. In the handful of times I saw them in person over the last year, their fingers were linked or their ankles were touching or they were seated directly next to each other, heat passing between two bodies. The “babes” and “my loves” and “honeys” fly. Durek can be sharp toward an assistant bringing him a plate of food without a napkin or toward his P.R. person when she interrupts. But with Märtha, he’s mush. “Isn’t she so beautiful?” “Honey, you look beautiful.” “Can’t you see why I love her?”

I could, in fact, see. It’s not like Märtha hasn’t had people bowing to her since she was born. Fawning is part of princessdom. With Durek, the adoration felt earned. Both of them had been outsiders castigated for their spirituality. They knew loneliness and pain from the jump.

“There is an instant bond, a common one, when you can tap into your own vulnerability and their vulnerability,” Princess Märtha told me, speaking softly, her pinkie resting on Durek’s canvas pant legs in Malibu last summer. Durek, who had just inhaled a mountain of food on a plate delivered to him by his assistant—with a napkin this time—told her to speak up. So she did: “You always think, I’m alone with my pain. And the more, I think, we share, the more we can shift that energy and help others to realize who they are not because of their trauma, but actually who they are underneath….”

Good thing she’d been able to find him. When they met, he had no permanent home, a point of contention among the princess’s circle. “My Norwegian friends who know us, they’re like, ‘Why doesn’t he have a house? Warning! Warning!!’ Because we don’t have many nomads in Norway, so they get very skeptical.” The shaman says he “had the cars, and the beautiful house in the hills with the pool and firepit and guest rooms and artwork that I collected from Art Basel,” but to what end? “Is material more important than my relationship with God or with the divine?” he muses. “People have been programmed to believe they need to fill in space because they start to feel their own emp-tiness inside.”

or even...

By September, he and Märtha had not been able to stand near each other since March, when a few days before Norway had closed its borders, Märtha scooped up her daughters from school, without even a suitcase, and set off for Helsinki and then LAX, where she called Durek to let him know that they had all just landed.

“What do you mean?” Durek said into the phone, immediately starting to cry and scrambling with his nieces to change the sheets in the guest room. When he saw his guests pull up, he ran to the door—“like you see in the movies,” he remembers—so he could kiss her right away. They only stayed for two days, because Norway announced a lockdown and would not allow Durek or any foreigners into the country. He cried for days. “I screamed at the top of my lungs,” he explained. “I cried and cried and threw up and had diarrhea and then I meditated with spirits because you have to face the pain of how much it hurts to be away from her.”

Cool your jets, everyone
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: June 27, 2022, 09:07:46 PM »

That article makes me want to barf.  Dead

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: June 27, 2022, 11:27:48 PM »

Well if that article doesn't sound a warning bell I don't know what will Thinking Thinking

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: