Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 217   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Norwegian Royal News  (Read 878120 times)
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3120 on: November 29, 2021, 07:38:48 PM »

I think if I were a little kid in Norway, and King Harald gave me one of his smiles, I would run right up to him and either hug him around his knees or try to climb into his lap. He is the quintessential grandpa king.
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3121 on: November 29, 2021, 08:17:00 PM »

On december 6th the Queen and Crown Princess will attend the funeral service of Karen Christine  (Kim) Friele. She is burried on the expense of the state as only the seventh woman in Norway, and nrK will show the funeral live. Until 1972 sex between men were  crime, sex between woman was not mentioned, but Friele was instrumental in making it legal.

From wikipedia
Kim Friele, was a Norwegian gay rights and human rights activist, famous for being the first Norwegian to publicly acknowledge and advocate for her sexuality, in June 1965. She acted as the leader for the previously secret organization Forbundet av 1948 between 1966 and 1971, and as its secretary general until 1989.

Early life
Friele was born Karen-Christine Wilhelmsen in Fana in Bergen, Norway. She attended the University of Cambridge and was employed from 1958 to 1971 at the information office for insurance. She was briefly married to a childhood friend, Ole Friele, Jr., from 1959 to 1961.

She came out as a lesbian, around three years before the repeal (in 1972) of Section 213 of the Norwegian Penal Code; she was one of two openly gay persons in Norway, that were then known to the general public.[3]

Career
In Norway, Friele is credited with having influenced the decriminalisation of homosexual acts in 1972 and for declassifying homosexuality as a psychiatric condition in 1978. She and Wenche Lowzow, a noted politician in the Conservative Party, were among the first to formalize their partnership when same-sex unions were allowed in 1993. She wrote several books on gay and human rights, starting in 1972.[citation needed]

In 2000, she was appointed a Knight 1st Class of the Order of St. Olav. A bust of her was unveiled in front of the Oslo City Hall in 2005, and is now placed at the main branch of the Oslo Public Library.[citation needed]

In 2005 she was proclaimed the fourth most important Norwegian of the Century in a public vote through NRK.[4]

Friele was appointed a statsstipendiat ("government scholar") in 1989, and lived in the ski town of Geilo, Norway.[citation needed]

Death
She died in her home on 22 November 2021, aged 86. In a comment to the Norwegian public broadcasting company NRK, The Government Minister for culture and equality Anette Trettebergstuen praised Friele as one of the most important figures in the struggle for equality in Norway.[5]
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #3122 on: December 06, 2021, 02:45:54 PM »

Sonja and MM attended the funeral service of Kim Friele at Oslo Cathedral

Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3123 on: December 06, 2021, 09:29:21 PM »

King Harald in a official message and Cp Haakon in usa has today commented on the death of former prime minister from 1981-86 Kre Willoch who died at 1993. He will also get a funeral on the expense of the state with royal attendance.
https://www.regjeringen.n...ens-bekostning/id2891184/

https://www.vg.no/nyheter...r-gaar-til-hans-naermeste

Anotherfor er PM, Bondevik, tells a story about Willoch and princess Diana :

That was when Lady Diana was visiting Norway. This was in the mid-1980s, and she was quite young. It was a concert in the Concert Hall in Oslo. The government was the host, and Willoch was, of course, the main host.

Also present were the then Minister of Transport and Party Leader Johan J. Jakobsen for the Center Party, and KrF Party Leader and Minister of Church and Education Bondevik.

Willoch introduced Jacobsen and me to Lady Diana, and said: "Here is the Minister of Horizontal Communication". Horizontal communication, that Jacobsen. And then he said about me: "And here is the minister of vertical communication". The vertical, that is, the more spiritual. Since I was church minister, says Bondevik.

He remembers it as a funny line, he says.

- He joked with Lady Diana, but then of course he explained in more detail what he meant, that here was a Minister of Transport/roads and a Minister of Church Affairs
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 09:34:47 PM by Larzen » Logged
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3124 on: December 10, 2021, 08:01:54 AM »

Nobel peace prise for 2020 og 2021 will be handed out today
Russian Muratov and Filipino Ressa are both journalists, and the 2021 Peace Prize will emphasize the importance of the press and freedom of expression for democracy and peace, according to the Nobel Committee.

Audience at the Castle
On Friday, it all starts at 11 am with Save the Children's Peace Prize Party. Ressa and Muratov then meet children from Oslo who have made a performance in honor of this year's Peace Prize winners. It happens at the Nobel Peace Center. Crown Princess Mette-Marit is also present.

At the same time, last year's Peace Prize winner The World Food Program, represented by director David Beasley, has an audience at the Palace with the royal couple and Crown Prince Haakon.

Due to the corona pandemic, all ceremonies for 2020 were canceled, and the World Food Program will thus receive the award this year.

Ressa and Muratov have their audience at the Palace at 12.10.
Then, at 1 pm, the actual award ceremony starts in Oslo City Hall.

In addition to a number of artistic elements, the leader of the Nobel Committee, Berit Reiss-Andersen, will also speak for the winners. The prize winners, both Muratov, Ressa and the World Food Program, will receive a diploma and a gold medal, and then the prize winners will give their Nobel lectures.

Both Ressa and Muratov were asked about the content of the lecture when they landed in Oslo, but both were tight-lipped.

After the ceremony, Al Jazeera will interview the peace prize winners. It happens in front of the audience in the City Hall at 5 p.m.

An hour later, the traditional torchlight procession starts. The train leaves Jernbanetorget at 6 pm and ends in front of the Grand Hotel, where it is a tradition for the prize winners to wave to those present from the hotel's balcony.

The Nobel Banquet starts at 7 pm at the Grand Hotel. Public Norway is represented here. At the table with the peace prize winners are traditionally the King and Queen, the President of the Storting, the Prime Minister and the members of the Nobel Committee.

The Crown Prince and Crown Princess and members of the government and the Storting are also participating. This year there will be a smaller assembly than before due to the coronary restrictions. Only 20 guests are allowed to participate.
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3125 on: December 10, 2021, 11:15:08 AM »

Mette-MArit has a cold and is going to be tested for covid-19 and has to cancel the Nobel events today.

It seems noone in the family is going to the banquet after the number of guests were limited after the new covid restrictions this week.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #3126 on: December 10, 2021, 04:00:16 PM »

Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3127 on: December 22, 2021, 07:59:25 AM »

Christmas photosof the norwegian royals taken at Bygdy royal farm where the King an Queen will spend christmas. They will spend christmas eve with the cp couple at Skaugum.
We dont see Sverre Magnus often and he has really grown Blink Litle supprising Ingrid is not taller considering her tall parents, tall grandfathers and very tall half brother, but I guess she takes after her grandmothers who are both tiny and smaller than she is.

The CP family will attend service in Asker church on christmas eve
Fotoss from scanpix

https://www.vg.no/nyheter.../kongefamiliens-coronajul

Last year

« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 08:06:34 AM by Larzen » Logged
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #3128 on: December 22, 2021, 08:36:47 AM »

Lovely family photos as usual, as they seem to have strong bonds and lots of love!
I can't believe that this is SM, he has grown up so much, he looks so more mature than the last time I remember him in some kind of event!

loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3129 on: December 22, 2021, 09:16:30 AM »

IA is a true beauty and SM starts to look like the man he will become
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #3130 on: December 22, 2021, 09:22:11 AM »

SM has indeed become tall..I barely recognized him

Kemenate

Small Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #3131 on: December 22, 2021, 04:06:51 PM »

Nice to see IA wears one of MM sweaters.
Gemsheal

Big Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #3132 on: December 22, 2021, 06:51:07 PM »

SM has indeed become tall..I barely recognized him

Lovely photo and Ingrid is indeed a beautiful girl.   

When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.
~ Helen Keller
periwinkle

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3133 on: December 23, 2021, 03:22:07 AM »

The boy is growing out of his puppy fat and looks like a grown up for the first time. He is going to be handsome. I see Martha Louise in Ingrid here which is not a bad thing at all ML is very pretty. I get a lovely feeling from Harald and Sonja as grandparents that they are cute and funny and balance old school with modern without skipping a beat but like their comfortable habits too. Harald seems to have a sparkle in his eye.
Lord Gn

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #3134 on: December 23, 2021, 12:56:51 PM »

A good-looking family indeed.SM is going to be truly handsome. I like to see the NRF so close,loving and family-oriented.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 217   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: