Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Norwegian Royal News  (Read 863730 times)
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3195 on: May 18, 2022, 07:56:13 AM »

I noticed the too-short length of IA's bunad as well. And it doesn't look like one for which the hem could be let down. Probably over the years she will have several different bunad made for her, I suspect, so we can maybe cosndier this one to be a ``starter.''

Its not a starter Grin Its probably one of, if not the most expensive and high quality bunads in Norway and Im sure it will be her signature bunad trough the years. Its supposed to be a shorter model, and Im sure it can be taken down a bit, probably from the top (not from the hem). For the shirt you can remove the cuff with the intricate embroydere, put in a longer sleeve, and put the cuff back on.

A beautiful day, beautiful weather and record turn out, I think everyone was really happy to celebrate as normal again. Over 60.000 kids in the parade that took more than 3,5 hours.

LadyBunion

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3196 on: May 18, 2022, 08:24:04 AM »

^ I think that is right, seem to remember it was given to her by the King and Queen, presume something that fancy would have the means to be adjusted if needed
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3197 on: May 18, 2022, 08:34:00 AM »

I think Mette-Marit has a number of different bunads. And I suppose once she's queen, Ingrid Alexandra will, at various times, wear bunads representing a particular district in Norway.

Indeed they ARE so expensive. I think by the time you assemble all the accessories and silver for the bunad from our part of Norway, it can cost in excess of $5,000, and that was before the days of crazy inflation. And I think a lot of the bunads that are given at confirmation are made with more than ample seam allowances and deep hems so that they can be adjusted to be worn on a life-long basis.

One of the most fun days I can remember was the time I was in Norway on Syttende Mai -- Norway's national day -- and I saw people parading through the streets of Oslo in so many different bunads that it was like attending a bunad fashion show.
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3198 on: May 18, 2022, 10:38:16 AM »

Ingrid also has atleast three, in addition to the Telemark she wore yesterday she has the Asker bunad from where she lives, and when she was born she got Vest Agder bunads for life (From Mette-Marits home town)
It seems from laagendalsposten another bunad is comming her way also as a birthdaypresent, but not qute sure which one
https://www.laagendalspos...meg-bearet/s/5-64-1142938

King Harald never wears a bunad, but her has worn the sami outfit atleast once, some say not to who prefferance for different part of the country, but Im pretty sure we will see both Haakon and Ingrid continue to wear them when they become King and Queen...
https://www.dagbladet.no/...-skjer-det-aldri/76115156
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3199 on: June 03, 2022, 12:32:56 PM »

In the new national museum that will open next week with the NRF and CP Mary present some of the royal dresses are exhibited:
You can see info about the designer under the photo

Queen Sonja, including weddingdress and concecration dress
https://www.nasjonalmusee...erson=h.m.+dronning+sonja

Queen Maud
https://www.nasjonalmusee...person=h.m.+dronning+maud

Princess Astrid
https://www.nasjonalmusee...k/?query=Prinsesse+Astrid

CP Märtha, very litle left after her due to fire at Skaugum.
https://www.nasjonalmusee...esse+m%C3%A4rtha+av+norge

Mette-Marits Pucci dress she wore in the Luxembourg wedding is also part of the collection of Peter Dundas which also includes the weddingdress of Poppy Delvigne, and a dress for Kim Kardashian.
https://static.voguescand...exhibition_06cc72e585.jpg

In this video you can see Jenny Skavlan looking at many of the royal dresses and other things also (3:30 Queen Sonja and Maud, 5:30 Peter dundas). Gorgous dresses and nice to see the RF cooperates atleast about clothes, even if they dont do about jewels yet,
https://www.nasjonalmusee...in-samling/jenny-skavlan/
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 12:42:41 PM by Larzen » Logged
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #3200 on: June 03, 2022, 04:11:36 PM »

Looks like it would be a fun exhibition to see!  Queen Maud had some stunning dresses!
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #3201 on: June 10, 2022, 08:39:12 PM »

Sonja, Haakon, MM and Mary attended the official opening dinner of the new National Museum in Oslo

Gemsheal

Big Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #3202 on: June 10, 2022, 08:44:15 PM »

Sonja, Haakon, MM and Mary attended the official opening dinner of the new National Museum in Oslo

I love the color of Mary's gown, but I'm so OVER cape/half capes.

Mette-Marit is hopeless; she seems determined to choose unflattering styles of clothing (9x out of 10).   

“The spirit of the artist doesn't belong to one person or another.  It belongs to all of us.  Don't keep its playfulness and generosity buried." 
Gloria Vanderbilt - Woman to Woman
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #3203 on: June 10, 2022, 08:51:32 PM »

Mary is the only one who looks good to me.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3204 on: June 10, 2022, 08:54:07 PM »

Mary looks good. But why was she there?
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3205 on: June 10, 2022, 09:01:39 PM »

The director of the museum is danish, Karen Hindsboe
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 09:49:39 PM by Larzen » Logged
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #3206 on: June 10, 2022, 09:11:50 PM »

Is M-M's dress vintage? It looks like a 1960s craft project, sadly

Cool your jets, everyone
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3207 on: June 10, 2022, 09:16:47 PM »

I thought Mary had nothing to do with museums,  then I saw the beautiful gowns of Queen Maud. Sure Mary would love to see them  Grin.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3208 on: June 10, 2022, 09:17:03 PM »

Even if you are a guest, why are you walking in front of a queen?

She does know the royal protocol, does she?!

ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3209 on: June 10, 2022, 09:22:07 PM »

Gosh, that is some interesting fashion choices. I usually love Sonja's style even when it is far out and clashing colours but this really does look like a sack with ribbon tied around it. MM dress is meh - okay but not well fitted, too short, darts making extra nipples. Mary does look the best but lets herself down walking in front of a Queen, especially one who is her elder.
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: