Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 209   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Norwegian Royal News  (Read 785411 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3060 on: September 19, 2021, 03:00:18 AM »

September 18
Norwegian and Swedish royal family members got together on Gotland
Swedish Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel, Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar spent some late summer days on Gotland in the Baltic Sea together with Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Princess Ingrid Alexandra. The Scandinavian heirs to the throne keep in close contact with each other. The Swedish Crown Princess family enjoyed spending time with their Norwegian friends and relatives, as well as showing them this unique part of Sweden.

Paulina

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3061 on: September 19, 2021, 06:47:39 AM »

Adorable!
M-M is very tall.
Kemenate

Small Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #3062 on: September 19, 2021, 10:37:59 AM »

I am unsure about her real height. When i met her she was about my height which is 5'9. ...but she is also a really bad posture and is slouching lot.
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #3063 on: September 19, 2021, 11:02:08 AM »

I don’t know MM’s height but it’s my understanding that neither Victoria or Daniel are particularly tall.

Gemsheal

Large Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #3064 on: September 19, 2021, 02:36:22 PM »

September 18
Norwegian and Swedish royal family members got together on Gotland
Swedish Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel, Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar spent some late summer days on Gotland in the Baltic Sea together with Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Princess Ingrid Alexandra. The Scandinavian heirs to the throne keep in close contact with each other. The Swedish Crown Princess family enjoyed spending time with their Norwegian friends and relatives, as well as showing them this unique part of Sweden.

Oh wow, how nice this is.  I can almost stomach MM in this context! 

“Because to take away a man's freedom of choice, even his freedom to make the wrong choice, is to manipulate him as though he were a puppet and not a person.”

― Madeline L'Engle
Mariola

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #3065 on: September 19, 2021, 06:52:29 PM »

A reason I always like Mette-Marit is because others (royals, dignitaries, 'civilian') seem very confortable around her. Mathilde of Belgium has this same quality.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3066 on: September 19, 2021, 08:03:01 PM »

I am unsure about her real height. When i met her she was about my height which is 5'9. ...but she is also a really bad posture and is slouching lot.

What is the story behind you meeting her?  I'd be interested to hear how/why and what she was like!  (If you've already posted that before I joined the board, I won't be offended if you just direct me to the thread!)
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #3067 on: September 19, 2021, 08:59:40 PM »

A reason I always like Mette-Marit is because others (royals, dignitaries, 'civilian') seem very confortable around her. Mathilde of Belgium has this same quality.

MM may be a failure as a Crownprincess, but she's a good mother and I think a fun person to go out together.

Sometimes I believe she's very unsure of herself and doesn't really know what to do with her role. I think she doesn't like being in the spotlight and would prefer reading stories to children instead of going to a state dinner.
Piper

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #3068 on: September 19, 2021, 11:30:49 PM »

Quote from: Kristallinchen
MM may be a failure as a Crownprincess, but she's a good mother and I think a fun person to go out together.

Sometimes I believe she's very unsure of herself and doesn't really know what to do with her role. I think she doesn't like being in the spotlight and would prefer reading stories to children instead of going to a state dinner.

Sorry but if she doesn’t like being in the spotlight, she shouldn’t have married a prince, more so a “crown prince”. She knew what she was getting herself into.

I would say though that I believe it’s not the Royal status per se that she was attracted to but the “life of leisure” marrying a wealthy person would bring. After all wasn’t she a struggling single mother waitress when she met Haakon the 2nd time?
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3069 on: September 20, 2021, 08:53:20 AM »

Ingrid really is in that age when the phone is permanently glued to her hand Tongue Only 4 months until her 18th... wonder how they will mark it, and what privacy she is afforded...considering her mother is hardly public, I suppose the press cant wait for a young and pretty royal to fill the more shallow parts of royal life (what she is wearing, who she is seeing etc)

Gotland really dont need a filter, it such a beautiful place.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3070 on: September 20, 2021, 09:26:14 AM »

As MM has no problem with private massive events once she is interested in the topic and she can jet around the world to attend them I would say that shyness is not her (main) problem, but work shyness. She seems to be nice enough privately but sadly she seems to be self-centered as well (she lets her 80+ year old in-laws down as well as her husband).

She is very lucky that ML is her sister-in-law and not someone ambitious like Sofia in Sweden, because then the contrast would be very visibile. At the moment Harald and Sonia are doing a fantastic job with good approval rates, her problems will start when she is acutally Queen and part of running the show.

In today's society less and less people will be happy with the concept that the highest position in a country is determined by birth rather than open to everyone. As a monarch you can prevent these line of thoughts a bit when you are doing a great job and you are likeable. But that involves work. Turning up in little house in the parie wardrobe twice a year will not be sufficient to keep the Norwegians happy and she might be ill, but is never ill enough to do fun events she is interested in, so that excuse is lame, too.

Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #3071 on: September 20, 2021, 09:35:34 AM »

MM strikes me as someone who might suffer from major depression and anxiety.
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3072 on: September 20, 2021, 09:40:21 AM »

IA is a true beauty  Smiley
SnorkMaiden

Baby Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #3073 on: September 20, 2021, 11:04:13 AM »

As MM has no problem with private massive events once she is interested in the topic and she can jet around the world to attend them I would say that shyness is not her (main) problem, but work shyness. She seems to be nice enough privately but sadly she seems to be self-centered as well (she lets her 80+ year old in-laws down as well as her husband).

She is very lucky that ML is her sister-in-law and not someone ambitious like Sofia in Sweden, because then the contrast would be very visibile. At the moment Harald and Sonia are doing a fantastic job with good approval rates, her problems will start when she is acutally Queen and part of running the show.

In today's society less and less people will be happy with the concept that the highest position in a country is determined by birth rather than open to everyone. As a monarch you can prevent these line of thoughts a bit when you are doing a great job and you are likeable. But that involves work. Turning up in little house in the parie wardrobe twice a year will not be sufficient to keep the Norwegians happy and she might be ill, but is never ill enough to do fun events she is interested in, so that excuse is lame, too.

I have a chronic illness and haven't unfortunately been able to work for 11 years now. When I have the energy and I'm feeling well, I do all kinds of fun stuff. In between those moments I'm at home feeling unwell but no one rarely sees that.
So for the outside world it might seem that I'm lazy, just slouching at home watching movies and then (occasionally) taking short trips somewhere or going shopping, going for a coffee etc.
Just because I don't work and probably never will be able to do that anymore, I hope no one wants to take my fun days away from me. The mental energy I get from them, is the strenght that carries me over the bad periods, even though the fun days often drain me too.

I know MM wasn't working to her full potential even before she got ill but the situation is different now. I don't think she should have to give up everything, just because she can't work like she "should".
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3074 on: September 20, 2021, 11:30:42 AM »

MM never really worked before, often being caught in her lies to excuse her behavior /absence. Why people expect she works now...

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 209   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: