Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Norwegian Royal News  (Read 784318 times)
thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3105 on: October 29, 2021, 02:34:40 AM »

Was just about to share the same link! I love this tiara, it's so unique and Sonja looks fabulous every time she wears it. So excited to see it out again!

I bet you knew what it was without having to look it up, whereas if I hadn't seen it on "a tiara a day" on Instagram, I'd have had no idea! I really like it!!

Edit to add:   How much do you miss this website??   Cry  I long for it to be reactivated, but at least these old posts are still up!

I did know it but only because I got bored earlier this year and did a dream jewel vault board on Pinterest Whistle I’d seen it on her before but hadn’t read up on it much until then!

And yes, I miss that site so much! Great for history on things and she covered so many events. I feel bad that it became stressful instead of fun for the blogger.
LadyBunion

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3106 on: October 29, 2021, 08:14:48 AM »

It was such a lovely site - I still love looking at it and following assorted links to other pages within it - end up with a ridiculous number of tabs open  Laugh bounce
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #3107 on: November 02, 2021, 11:03:38 PM »

Harald and Sonja hosted a dinner tonight for the Norwegian Olympic and Paralympic team in Tokyo. Haakon, MM and ML attended as well

Cordelia Fitzgerald

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3108 on: November 02, 2021, 11:13:02 PM »

What a fun looking event!  Everyone looks so happy to be there, and the pictures the royal family chose to post aren't super-centered on THEM but rather the honorees.   Thumb up

And the burgundy velvet blazer in the first picture is 100% how a man should do a velvet jacket!  I'll take that over William's velvet jacket and turtleneck any day.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3109 on: November 02, 2021, 11:24:10 PM »

I loved the photo of the king at the table charming the socks off two sweet young things wearing bunads.
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3110 on: November 03, 2021, 11:19:02 AM »

I loved the photo of the king at the table charming the socks off two sweet young things wearing bunads.

I would say it is typically him. He could easily have placed himself next to the biggest star olympic champion and world record holder in 400- meter hurdles  Karsten Warholm (in the velvet tux) but instead he is sitting next to lesser known athletes incl paraolympic bronze medalist in table tennis.

Queen Sonja is wearing a Peter Dundas collection dress, he does not usually design for 80 year olds Whistle

It is positive that Mette-Marit has started to wear much more norwegian design, but Pia Tjeltas dresses are not  ideal for her, she is rather top heavy and dont seem to own a proper fitting brah... and then a closed neck with rouching and puff sleeves is less than ideal. I want to take a pair of scissors to most of her dresses and cut them open around the neck...

Martha Louise looks good, and I cant help to think what a pitty she prefers to do what she does, instead of beeing a much needed extra pair of hands in a royal family that is rather short on workers under 80 at he moment.
Celia

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3111 on: November 03, 2021, 03:27:28 PM »

I feel kind of sorry for the people who had to sit next to ML --did she ask them about their auras or whatever she's in to these days?
JessicaM

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #3112 on: November 04, 2021, 04:41:53 PM »

I love that some the young athletes are proudly wearing their traditional bunads Thumb up
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #3113 on: November 04, 2021, 09:18:53 PM »

Harald, Sonja and Haakon received German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier and his wife Elke Büdenbender who are on an official visit to Norway

Emac0914

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #3114 on: November 05, 2021, 12:39:44 AM »

OMG, he looks just like my grandfather - sorry, couldn’t help it!
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #3115 on: November 25, 2021, 08:01:52 PM »

Harald and Haakon attended the 100th anniversary of the Oslo Synagogue

thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #3116 on: November 26, 2021, 01:11:55 AM »

Harald and Haakon attended the 100th anniversary of the Oslo Synagogue

I really love this picture of the two of them - such genuine smiles.
Emac0914

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #3117 on: November 26, 2021, 12:55:56 PM »

👍👍
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3118 on: November 26, 2021, 04:11:57 PM »

The pro is that Hakoon seems a very nice and happy person -he is not entitled, he seems a very nice guy.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #3119 on: November 29, 2021, 05:25:07 PM »

https://www.kongehuset.no...?tid=199983&sek=26939
This afternoon, His Majesty the King and His Royal Highness the Crown Prince visited Akershus Fortress and an exhibition marking 30 years since King Harald became King of Norway.

The exhibition "King Harald V - his legacy and deeds" is built around several themes. The historical heritage shows the King's kinship with several other European royal houses. From Europe, the lines of King Haakon VII and Queen Maud and the legacy they left behind after coming to Norway as a royal couple in 1905 are drawn.

The last part of the exhibition deals with the King's deeds from 1991 until today - highlighted through the following three themes: Head of State; King of the People; Commander-in-Chief.

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: