Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greek Royal Family: Past, Present and Future  (Read 63188 times)
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: November 10, 2020, 08:54:38 AM »

Portrait of king George the 1st

https://www.facebook.com/...art/posts/759975461267277

desertrose

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: November 15, 2020, 09:00:32 PM »

http://www.aparchive.com/...ccc17069cf0672a5a7d1498ed
Watching this old video, I wondered what Pavlos and MC would have done if Constantine had been awarded the family properties instead of compensation?
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: November 16, 2020, 08:52:34 AM »

Watching this old video, I wondered what Pavlos and MC would have done if Constantine had been awarded the family properties instead of compensation?
What do you mean? If they would prefer to live in Greece in a palace? I don't think that would be enough for them, because our palaces (Tatoi in particular, since the 1st Palace is now our Parliament) are not big and they want to show off, they want all the luxury in the world, they want bigger, they want the most expesnive things they can buy. So, imo, the family home wouldn't be enough for them. They would live their lives abroad and they would visit Pavlos' parents during summers - which is what they do now.

Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: November 16, 2020, 11:04:02 AM »

What do you mean? If they would prefer to live in Greece in a palace? I don't think that would be enough for them, because our palaces (Tatoi in particular, since the 1st Palace is now our Parliament) are not big and they want to show off, they want all the luxury in the world, they want bigger, they want the most expesnive things they can buy. So, imo, the family home wouldn't be enough for them. They would live their lives abroad and they would visit Pavlos' parents during summers - which is what they do now.

MC's family apparently came to a financial arrangement to fund the Ex RF of Greece and after that the engagement was announced. Her father is super wealthy and she has a huge income from trusts but I suspect that the properties are not owned by her. If they were to split the false CP would get next to nothing as there would be so many exclusions on who could benefit.

Look to the next brother who married into money to an older woman of 10 years (apparently) and another who is also dating money. This family trades extinct titles for $$$$$.

The ex Greek King is no more Greek than I am - he is Danish and German genetically with other Euro links ....
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: November 16, 2020, 11:12:06 AM »

MC's family apparently came to a financial arrangement to fund the Ex RF of Greece and after that the engagement was announced. Her father is super wealthy and she has a huge income from trusts but I suspect that the properties are not owned by her. If they were to split the false CP would get next to nothing as there would be so many exclusions on who could benefit.

Look to the next brother who married into money to an older woman of 10 years (apparently) and another who is also dating money. This family trades extinct titles for $$$$$.

The ex Greek King is no more Greek than I am - he is Danish and German genetically with other Euro links ....
For the bold part, my opinion is that if he conciders himself Greek, and adding up to that the fact he was born here, his father was born here, he attended greek school etc, he is greek. Genetics are important but there are other factors as well.

Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: November 16, 2020, 11:57:28 AM »

For the bold part, my opinion is that if he conciders himself Greek, and adding up to that the fact he was born here, his father was born here, he attended greek school etc, he is greek. Genetics are important but there are other factors as well.

Onar I understand your perspective. And with any other family I would agree. But IMO ex royals present themselves in what best image they can. If not for the money of MC they would be back in Denmark or elsewhere a long time ago. They brokered a deal
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: November 16, 2020, 12:02:50 PM »

Onar I understand your perspective. And with any other family I would agree. But IMO ex royals present themselves in what best image they can. If not for the money of MC they would be back in Denmark or elsewhere a long time ago. They brokered a deal

I don't disagree with this. MC's money played crucial role for their survival, undoubtly.

scarlett123

Baby Member

Philippines Philippines

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: November 16, 2020, 01:23:15 PM »

Are Tatiana and her husband popular in Greece? They seem to live there full-time and work with a lot of charities.
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: November 16, 2020, 03:31:13 PM »

Are Tatiana and her husband popular in Greece? They seem to live there full-time and work with a lot of charities.
Occasionaly, there are pics of them in Hello - greek version.
I don't think they're popular like celebrities are, gossip shows do not mention them. Before Covid, they were invited in some events but their cover from the media was limited, simple refernces, nothing more. The GRF is not popular, mainly fanatic monarchists are positive to them.

LongMaySheReign

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: November 16, 2020, 06:36:29 PM »

Star

I agree with this. Genetics don't make everything, if they did no immigrant will ever be considered to be part of the nation they live in. Constantine may be an entitled douche but he is very much Greek.
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: November 16, 2020, 06:46:13 PM »

Look to the next brother who married into money to an older woman of 10 years
(apparently) and another who is also dating money. This family trades extinct titles for $$$$$.

I do remember when Tatiana's first came into the royal scene and her birthdate then was a bit different from the currrent one  Wink Not ten years though.
It's still there on her wikipedia page in the old versions...

periwinkle

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: November 16, 2020, 07:18:10 PM »

Genetics is an ugly argument that is a little too close to Final Solution nonsense. The history of the world is one of movement and immigration. Constantine surely is Greek. Is there any word on him or are they just at their house all the time since he is older and having health issues?
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: November 16, 2020, 07:48:41 PM »

Genetics is an ugly argument that is a little too close to Final Solution nonsense. The history of the world is one of movement and immigration. Constantine surely is Greek. Is there any word on him or are they just at their house all the time since he is older and having health issues?
Konstantinos and AM used to be seen in Kolonaki area, in the centre of Athens until a few years ago. Since we saw Konstantinos in a weelchair, their walks in the centre had stopped.
Their house is very far from Athens, in Porto Heli area, so I guess it's a lot harder for them to go anywhere.

periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: November 17, 2020, 12:02:11 AM »

Thank you onar you are always so gracious with your replies to my inquiries. I wish them both well if it's that place with the great lawn and covered porch then they are at least comfortable and safe. In spite of his mobility issues he may be around for quite a while.
thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: November 17, 2020, 02:22:13 AM »

Thank you onar you are always so gracious with your replies to my inquiries. I wish them both well if it's that place with the great lawn and covered porch then they are at least comfortable and safe. In spite of his mobility issues he may be around for quite a while.

Yes, thank you onar Star I really enjoy your insights and appreciate you sharing them!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: