Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greek Royal Family: Past, Present and Future  (Read 63702 times)
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: November 17, 2020, 09:54:39 AM »

I thank both of you!
I don't know many things about royal families, not even greek royal family, and I'm happy to contribute whenever I can!  Smiley

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #151 on: November 18, 2020, 11:57:59 AM »

Genetics is an ugly argument that is a little too close to Final Solution nonsense. The history of the world is one of movement and immigration. Constantine surely is Greek. Is there any word on him or are they just at their house all the time since he is older and having health issues?

ITA.

I will also say that culture plays a big part in who you are and in no way or shape instead Constantine or the children Danish. Certainly their mother is but she clearly brought up her children aligned with her husbandís cultural background and it shows. They have Danish ancestry obviously but they arenít Danish.

Itís a bit like people calling Charles a German because he speaks German in Germany.
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: November 30, 2020, 12:10:49 AM »

King George I of Greece and Tsar Ferdinand of Bulgaria at Saloniki     
http://www.alamy.com/stoc...at-saloniki-55058300.html
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: December 27, 2020, 11:12:45 PM »

In 1832 Prince Otto of Bavaria was chosen King of Greece by the Three Protecting Powers of England, France, and Russia. They chose outside of their own families to try and avoid conflict between each other.
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: February 10, 2021, 12:35:01 AM »

In 1862 King Otto and Queen Amalia took refuge on a British warship. They returned to Bavaria. They took with them the Greek royal regalia which had been brought from Bavaria in 1832.
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: February 14, 2021, 11:46:23 AM »

Athens, circa 1887.
Royal family photograph.

Shot taken by the photographer Petros Moraitis, born in Tinos island. He gained access in the royal family through his marriage with the daughter of the German baroness Perl.

It seems that it's been signed by some of the members of the royal family.
We can read, from left to right, the names: Nikolaos (Νικόλαος), Maria (Μαρία), Olga (Όλγα), Konstantinos (Κωνσταντίνος), Alexandra (Αλεξάνδρα), George (Γεώργιος)

anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: February 14, 2021, 05:17:17 PM »

Very nice photo of people I donít know very much about.

Thank you Onar!  Star
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: February 14, 2021, 06:51:40 PM »

Very nice photo of people I donít know very much about.

Thank you Onar!  Star
You're very welcome!

CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: July 03, 2021, 01:40:53 AM »

Queen Olga was the only member of the Greek Royal Family to be given a pension by the Republican government during the Royal Family's exile.
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: July 03, 2021, 11:26:28 AM »

Queen Olga was the only member of the Greek Royal Family to be given a pension by the Republican government during the Royal Family's exile.
Shocked
Realy?
I didn't know!

A few years back, in my uni's library, I had noticed a book about Queen Olga. I don't remember details as I haven't read it thoghouly but she was described as a very kind and very generous person. Of course, it was written years back, during the 50s', if I remember correctly, by a woman who had benefited from her.

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: July 03, 2021, 11:47:03 AM »

Shocked
Realy?
I didn't know!

A few years back, in my uni's library, I had noticed a book about Queen Olga. I don't remember details as I haven't read it thoghouly but she was described as a very kind and very generous person. Of course, it was written years back, during the 50s', if I remember correctly, by a woman who had benefited from her.

Wasn't she also the only one allowed to stay in the country (and was made regent once?)?
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: July 03, 2021, 01:31:36 PM »

Shocked
Realy?
I didn't know!

Wasn't she also the only one allowed to stay in the country (and was made regent once?)?
Honestly, I have no knowledge on monarchy in Greece, only general information. Maybe Cyril knows more on this matter.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: July 03, 2021, 01:43:05 PM »

https://en.m.wikipedia.or..._Constantinovna_of_Russia

Apparently she was loved and popular in Greece, a.o. due to her charity work.

When reading info about her I think she married a bit young but was a very likeable, loving person. Wasn't she also the favorite sister in law of Alexandra, Dagmar and Thyra?
Gemsheal

Large Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: July 03, 2021, 02:31:50 PM »

Shocked
Realy?
I didn't know!

Yes, after the tragic sudden death of King Alexander, Queen Olga was made Regent until King Constantine I could come home from his exile in Switzerland.  The Greek government had a lot of respect for Olga. 

How quick come the reasons for approving what we like!

- Jane Austen
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: August 13, 2021, 01:36:36 AM »

The royal wedding in Belgrade of Prince and Princess Nicholas of Greece: October 25, 1923   
http://www.alamy.com/the-...grade-image359836588.html
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: