Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alexandra, Countess of Fredensbourg  (Read 245065 times)
Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2012, 12:06:59 AM »

I think that it is right that the media should treat Alexandra with the same regard as they did before the divorce.
She worked hard and a divorce doesn't mean that she should be discarded onto a trash heap in terms of respect from the media.
Alexandra still has patronages and is a great mother to Nikolai and Felix.
She has not brought disrepute on the DRF by her behaviour so should be treated with due respect. 
Royals shouldn't use women as brood mares and then put them out to pasture as old nags. 

I was disappointed to read the information on Nikolai and Felix now on the official DRF website.
Information about Alexandra and her family has disappeared; the effect being that the family tree of Nikolai and Felix is no longer available.  Even the wedding date etc. of their parents is hard to find.
Marie's family background is rightly included - her parents names etc.  The public, therefore, has access to the family tree of Henrik and the new Petite Bon bon.
The children of Joachim are not all treated equally in terms of their family information.
I don't like it.
tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2012, 12:21:27 AM »

I think that it is right that the media should treat Alexandra with the same regard as they did before the divorce.
She worked hard and a divorce doesn't mean that she should be discarded onto a trash heap in terms of respect from the media.
She has not brought disrepute on the DRF by her behaviour so should be treated with due respect. 
Royals shouldn't use women as brood mares and then put them out to pasture as old nags. 

I was disappointed to read the information on Nikolai and Felix now on the official DRF website.
Information about Alexandra and her family has disappeared; the effect being that the family tree of Nikolai and Felix is no longer available.  Even the wedding date etc. of their parents is hard to find.
Marie's family background is rightly included - her parents names etc.  The public, therefore, has access to the family tree of Henrik and the new Petite Bon bon.
The children of Joachim are not all treated equally in terms of their family information.
I don't like it.

Alex got a great lifestyle on the back of being a baby mama, I think  she hooked up with Martin before the divorce and well played the media, she wants the royal trappings for herself and toyboy, and doesnt like when other dont agree, she is now holding onto Martin with dear life , giving him the upper hand in the relationship, which for someone who likes being in charge must be hard, I've always wondered the fact that Mary held on so long , that when Alex seen the writing on the wall that marraige was the end goal, went with her heart, and if Fred was single and she was still the de facto crown princess, would she had divorced.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2012, 12:40:22 AM »

I don't like it.

there is as much info on Nikolai & Felix as there is on lil' Henrik, or Izzy/Vince/Josie with the exeption that the latter three have the "PRESS RELEASE WAS ISSUED AFTER BIRTH" statement there.

What bothers me is that they haven't included BonBönchen. They could put the same stats on the website as with Henrik and add her name and an updated photo later.

Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2012, 01:15:54 AM »

I don't like it.

there is as much info on Nikolai & Felix as there is on lil' Henrik, or Izzy/Vince/Josie with the exeption that the latter three have the "PRESS RELEASE WAS ISSUED AFTER BIRTH" statement there.

What bothers me is that they haven't included BonBönchen. They could put the same stats on the website as with Henrik and add her name and an updated photo later.

Yes, they could include info about the new little girl.  Star

What alarms me is that in Joachim's life story there is not included the wedding date etc. of his first marriage.
Nikolai and Felix should be offended by this.  Thumb down
Also, given that Marie has her parents and brothers named (effectively Henrik's grandparents and uncles) I think that somewhere a mention should exist of the linage and close family of Nikolai and Felix.
This could have been included in Joachim's story but possibly more appropriately now it should be in the blurb of Nikolai and Felix themselves.  Their family genealogy remains the same regardless of whether their parents divorced.
They should not have their mother's ancestry (Chinese, British, Czech and Austrian) now excluded; it's integral to their identity.  They are just as close to their aunts etc. as Henrik is to his uncles.
This could have them question the exclusion or to feel that their family/mother is shameful and not worthy of inclusion.
Anyway, I preferred the old Danish Royal Family Website.
Stefanie

Large Member

Germany Germany

This was it, Fred - no way out now!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2012, 11:38:28 AM »

Completely agree, Cloaked  Star

\"Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out.\" (Václav Havel)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2012, 05:11:46 PM »

I don't like it.

What alarms me is that in Joachim's life story there is not included the wedding date etc. of his first marriage.
Also, given that Marie has her parents and brothers named (effectively Henrik's grandparents and uncles) I think that somewhere a mention should exist of the linage and close family of Nikolai and Felix.
This could have been included in Joachim's story but possibly more appropriately now it should be in the blurb of Nikolai and Felix themselves.  Their family genealogy remains the same regardless of whether their parents divorced.
They should not have their mother's ancestry (Chinese, British, Czech and Austrian) now excluded; it's integral to their identity.  They are just as close to their aunts etc. as Henrik is to his uncles.
This could have them question the exclusion or to feel that their family/mother is shameful and not worthy of inclusion.

that's what I thinkas well  Star

Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2012, 06:27:28 PM »

I don't like it.

Very well said Cloaked  Thumb up

Snow Queen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2012, 06:39:46 PM »

I don't like it.

I agree. Joachim, Marie and Alex appear to have a good relationship and want the best for the children so its odd that the official website in way acts like the first marriage didn't happen.
whimsicalwriter
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2012, 12:16:04 AM »

IMO she only hurts herself by having that short haircut.  I have always wondered if she thinks it makes her look younger than she is...but it doesn't help at all.  And ITA about the lack of photoshopping present in this photo.
What if the short hair does make her look younger?  Crap
tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2012, 12:18:23 AM »

IMO she only hurts herself by having that short haircut.  I have always wondered if she thinks it makes her look younger than she is...but it doesn't help at all.  And ITA about the lack of photoshopping present in this photo.

Star I'm nearly feeling sorry for Martin.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2012, 12:22:17 AM »

Star I'm nearly feeling sorry for Martin.

Martin certainly doesn't make her look younger Tongue Star 
tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2012, 12:27:32 AM »

Pixiecat , I'd say Joachim doesn't ever think "what If " no wonder he gets on so well with Martin , he can afford to be magnanimous  Tongue
thrilla

Gigantic Member

Desperately seeking one's kabuki makeup& Photoshop

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2012, 12:03:55 AM »

She insists on being adressed "Your excellency" and the very formal "De" instead of "du", which I find nauseating...

I've heard that, too and it is absolutely ridiculous. If I ever met her, I would address her as "du" and if she tried to correct me, I would laugh in her face
Fragrance78

Large Member

Malaysia Malaysia

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2012, 01:14:45 AM »

She insists on being adressed "Your excellency" and the very formal "De" instead of "du", which I find nauseating...

I've heard that, too and it is absolutely ridiculous. If I ever met her, I would address her as "du" and if she tried to correct me, I would laugh in her face

Hi thrilla, can u pls explain what de & du mean so I can know the difference? Thanks!!

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2012, 01:37:55 AM »

Hi thrilla, can u pls explain what de & du mean so I can know the difference? Thanks!!

I'm not thrilla, but in a lot of European countries you have two forms of "you" - the formal and the informal one.

The formal one you would use for strangers, or at a workplace, etc, until somebody offers you the informal "you".  It is used to show respect as well as to put a little bit of distance between you and the person you are addressing.

With friends, family, or young people amongst each other use the informal "you".

e.g.

Danmark > De (formal) - - - Du (informal)
Germany > Sie (formal) - - - Du (informal)
Spain >Ustedes (formal) - - Tú (informal)
Italian > Lei (formal) - - -  Tu (informal)
French > Vous (formal) - - Tu (informal)

If I remember correctly, "Vous" can be used also as a plural of the informal tu. And I bet there are much more examples.

I don't know for Denmark and thrills has to answer that, but I found it strange in the beginning when I moved to the US that everybody called me by my first name and you...it was a familiarity that I wasn't ready to give to everybody - especially at work. I always thought to myself  "I can not remember to have herded pigs with you for you call me by my first name". But then children of my friends had to call me Miss Pede (even thought I told the parents that it was okay to call me by my first name).

Crazy
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 02:02:04 AM by PeDe » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: