Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alexandra, Countess of Fredensbourg  (Read 245090 times)
Fragrance78

Large Member

Malaysia Malaysia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2012, 06:18:39 AM »

Gosh, thanks Pede...as usual, you are a walking encyclopaedia  Laugh bounce

Mille

Gigantic Member

Denmark Denmark

Meary at the beach

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2012, 06:54:59 AM »

Encyclo-PeDe-a

"She isn´t wearing ANYTHING", said a young child

The empress shuddered, for she knew that they were right, but she thought, "The procession must go on!" She carried herself even more proudly, and the chamberlains walked along behind carrying the train that wasn't there.

H.C. Andersen
Mille

Gigantic Member

Denmark Denmark

Meary at the beach

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2012, 07:28:02 AM »

She insists on being adressed "Your excellency" and the very formal "De" instead of "du", which I find nauseating...

I've heard that, too and it is absolutely ridiculous. If I ever met her, I would address her as "du" and if she tried to correct me, I would laugh in her face

Congrats on you 1000  Star...And here is one more for your well deserved collection Hug

The empress shuddered, for she knew that they were right, but she thought, "The procession must go on!" She carried herself even more proudly, and the chamberlains walked along behind carrying the train that wasn't there.

H.C. Andersen
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2012, 10:27:58 AM »

Alex was a very nice looking, stylish and clever young woman with ambitions when she met Jokke, the perfect DIL, no gold digger, nice to look at, she always had something intelligent to say. My guess is that the DRF thought that she was a bit too popular - they should not have axted her completely from their website (but then there was a lot of criticism a couple of years back that Marius, MM's son was never mentioned, either).

I always wondered if she was really happy in Schnackenborg she seems a true city girl to me. She did a lovely job being a princess, learned Danish very fast and in all the pictures she is definitely the center, even if Jokke or other members of the DRF are in it. Plus she was the first princess and people got excited, waited for babies etc. Because of her personality and intelligence she could be naturally in the limelight without coming across as an attention seeker (which she isn't or wasn't).

But lately I have gotten some different vibes. I think she thought she would be more the center of attention after the divorce than she actually is and insisting being called with her royal titel she might try to keep that connection. IMHO she is seeking the limelight a bit too much (like the picture release for her birthday) at some points. Also insisting on her title (she grew up without a title, didn't she?). I guess it was hard for her to see how much the public attention shifted to Jokke and his new wife and the baby, to Yrma and the children after the divorce ...

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2012, 02:21:22 PM »

you are most welcome Fragrance  Hug

Encyclo-PeDe-a

Laugh bounce Millleeeeeee  Star

tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2012, 02:22:38 PM »

Encyclo-PeDe-a

Star brilliant 
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2012, 04:30:47 PM »

Alex was a very nice looking, stylish and clever young woman with ambitions when she met Jokke, the perfect DIL, no gold digger, nice to look at, she always had something intelligent to say. My guess is that the DRF thought that she was a bit too popular - they should not have axted her completely from their website (but then there was a lot of criticism a couple of years back that Marius, MM's son was never mentioned, either).

I always wondered if she was really happy in Schnackenborg she seems a true city girl to me. She did a lovely job being a princess, learned Danish very fast and in all the pictures she is definitely the center, even if Jokke or other members of the DRF are in it. Plus she was the first princess and people got excited, waited for babies etc. Because of her personality and intelligence she could be naturally in the limelight without coming across as an attention seeker (which she isn't or wasn't).

But lately I have gotten some different vibes. I think she thought she would be more the center of attention after the divorce than she actually is and insisting being called with her royal titel she might try to keep that connection. IMHO she is seeking the limelight a bit too much (like the picture release for her birthday) at some points. Also insisting on her title (she grew up without a title, didn't she?). I guess it was hard for her to see how much the public attention shifted to Jokke and his new wife and the baby, to Yrma and the children after the divorce ...

I think you're right Star  I think that losing the royal perks has been hard for her, even though she no longer wanted to stay married to Jokke. 
abs

Humongous Member

Svalbard and Jan Mayen Svalbard and Jan Mayen

Illegal substances? MOI???!!!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2012, 04:51:48 PM »

I have always seen her differently, because I saw a golddigger all along.
She was rather idolized by the press, and I think she played them to her advantage and the disadvantage of Jokke.
I think she is extremely difficult to live with. Jokkster looked increasingly awful during their marriage. Look at him now, he looks much better and much, much happier. Look at Martin Jørgensen now. Compare it with how he looked before he married Alexandra. He is not that old and shouldn´t look as terrible as he does now. I tink Alexandra is a piece of work. That said, she must be a good mother, because her boys seem so  well raised and happy.

SEXY,SEXY!!!
Mille

Gigantic Member

Denmark Denmark

Meary at the beach

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2012, 04:56:58 PM »

I have always seen her differently, because I saw a golddigger all along.
She was rather idolized by the press, and I think she played them to her advantage and the disadvantage of Jokke.
I think she is extremely difficult to live with. Jokkster looked increasingly awful during their marriage. Look at him now, he looks much better and much, much happier. Look at Martin Jørgensen now. Compare it with how he looked before he married Alexandra. He is not that old and shouldn´t look as terrible as he does now. I tink Alexandra is a piece of work. That said, she must be a good mother, because her boys seem so  well raised and happy.

ITA Star...

H.C. Andersen
abs

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2012, 05:03:04 PM »

TU and one back!

SEXY,SEXY!!!
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2012, 05:53:54 PM »

Does anyone else remember hearing about how Alex was very cruel to the staff at Schackenborg? Thinking  I can't remember where I read it, but there was some report about how she was just a huge beeeyotch to the people who cleaned and kept her house.
abs

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2012, 05:54:56 PM »

Does anyone else remember hearing about how Alex was very cruel to the staff at Schackenborg? Thinking  I can't remember where I read it, but there was some report about how she was just a huge beeeyotch to the people who cleaned and kept her house.

They called her the Chinese dragon...

SEXY,SEXY!!!
joys54

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2012, 09:21:51 PM »

I've gotta say that I really loved all of your posts tigerben, Miss Marple, and abs...I think you three really are spot on in your opinions! Star Yes  I think Alexandra did a good job as a Danish princess but IMO she really loved having the title and the lifestyle, just like Yrma does, but she just wasn't as classless as Yrma is about
showing it and relishing in it.  I just wonder how much of the fault for things going badly was with Joachim; she seems like she enjoys being the strong-willed one so maybe it was more than he could take.
tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2012, 09:33:54 PM »

Star hiya joys54  Curtsey
joys54

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2012, 09:36:53 PM »