Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alexandra, Countess of Fredensbourg  (Read 231209 times)
ronda

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #675 on: April 10, 2016, 04:25:24 AM »

Getting out there working and starting a company is fine but her" financial aid" from
  the wonderful citizens of Denmark needs to be reassessed. Her home is up for sale
  for some millions and she will benefit there too. IMO

Having said this it makes sense to stay in Denmark, she is a danish citizen, and her
  boys live there. It has been home to her since her first marriage and quite honestly
  she would have more business opportunities in denmark where she is known. Not many
  other countries would have a clue who she is anyway.

Smiley...Knowledge is Power...Smiley
ralf103

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #676 on: April 10, 2016, 03:54:16 PM »

I think that a whole different issue from whether or not she should stay in Denmark or not. Its not Alexandra's fault if she was given an overly generous allowance. As much as I'd love her when both her children are 18 to say "thanks but I won't accept the allowance anymore" but in fairness who in their right mind would do that?
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #677 on: April 10, 2016, 06:36:16 PM »

I think the pre-divorce Alex was very well liked and respected. The majority of people expected foul play on Jokke's part. From the way she was acting and the dedication she had for the job it could be that Marge assumed she would have a few more charities and a bit more commitment.

Nobody saw that she would marry unwisely and that she would rub the money in people's faces by buying two holiday homes in Turkey ...
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #678 on: April 10, 2016, 09:29:30 PM »

She has had her missteps, mostly her farce of a second marriage, but I admire how much she loves Denmark and the respect she shows the country.
ralf103

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #679 on: April 11, 2016, 08:13:00 PM »

I've personally always hoped that now she's divorced Martin she would take on more charity work. I think when your a mother to two young boys and a wife you can understand her wanting to devote time to that but now she is single and her boys are older she has the time to devote to charities.  I think if she does start doing more work for charities now she can turn some of the negative press around.
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #680 on: April 16, 2016, 07:09:16 PM »

Thousands of BT readers have had enough. Take the money from Alexandra
Also in the article:

This autumn,  Enhedslisten(political party) is making a proposal in parliament that the countess's annual money must come with conditions.

"We propose thatit is counted against her performance when she has income from other sources," Sondergaard from Alliance to Ekstrabladet
http://www.bt.dk/royale/t...tag-pengene-fra-alexandra

If she is getting an income from other jobs, her apanage should be reduced or completely done away with.

What Enhedslisten is proposing will also impact Mary and Marie if they ever get divorced. They don't want them receiving alimony from the taxpayer Thumb up

Unfortunately, I don?t think the party's proposal will get much support in parliament Crap

Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #681 on: April 16, 2016, 07:14:15 PM »

It may not get a lot of support but I think it will be in tone with what the people feels like.

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #682 on: April 16, 2016, 07:52:55 PM »

I think most Danes feel it's wrong the she continues to get money, even when she earns money on her own and the children are growing up. I wish Alex would make the clever choice and decline the money, when Felix turn 18. Certainly there'll be no mood for giving Mary or Marie the same deal so that would be the best way of ending things.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #683 on: April 16, 2016, 09:05:36 PM »

I've personally always hoped that now she's divorced Martin she would take on more charity work. I think when your a mother to two young boys and a wife you can understand her wanting to devote time to that but now she is single and her boys are older she has the time to devote to charities.  I think if she does start doing more work for charities now she can turn some of the negative press around.

I think that road is blocked ... there are Jokke and Marie who are also full time royals now plus eight direct descendants. Jokke is seeminly happily married and it would be more than strange if she came back after this time. She has lost a lot of popularity and it was her own choice, running into her second marriage.

Also IMO it was very unwise to splurge out (e.g. buying TWO holiday homes at the same time) and use all the perks (e.g. Martin getting a diplomatic passport). Also I felt it was very unwise to mortgage the house. This all lead to the loss of popularity. She needs to live with that now.

temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #684 on: April 17, 2016, 02:52:55 PM »

I agree Miss Marple; she could have sold the house when her sons finished school and quietly 'retired' in Turkey if that was her wish. She didn't buy a modest home in Turkey, she bought two Villas and it was also with another partner (not Martin)...I think she is in over her head.
If she receives tax payers money, her income should be made public.
If she receives a private income, then she doesn't need the appanage.
If Joachim can afford alimony, he should step in to support the mother of his children and leave the Danish taxpayers out of his affairs.

ronda

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #685 on: April 17, 2016, 03:10:20 PM »

According to this article and my google translation she has sold her home in
   Copenhagen in just 55 days.
   http://www.bt.dk/royale/e...r-alexandra-styrtende-rig

Smiley...Knowledge is Power...Smiley
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #686 on: April 17, 2016, 05:57:51 PM »

I agree Miss Marple; she could have sold the house when her sons finished school and quietly 'retired' in Turkey if that was her wish. She didn't buy a modest home in Turkey, she bought two Villas and it was also with another partner (not Martin)...I think she is in over her head.
If Joachim can afford alimony, he should step in to support the mother of his children and leave the Danish taxpayers out of his affairs.

Why on earth should she retire to Turkey? Huh? She's a Danish citizen and her children live here. I fail to see what she has done since many seem to want her out of Denmark Huh? She bought two houses in Turkey, clearly as holiday houses. AFAIK at least one of them has been sold. She has no financial problems at all (clearly) at this point. I can't see how she's in over her head, at least not in a finacial sense. I think living with Martin was expensive. After the split, she has  "cleaned up" anything that relates to him and is preparing for the future, which is a smart move.
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #687 on: April 17, 2016, 10:35:36 PM »

According to this article and my google translation she has sold her home in
   Copenhagen in just 55 days.
   http://www.bt.dk/royale/efter-boligsalg-nu-er-alexandra-styrtende-rig

That looks like a very elegant old house. She doesn't need a 8-bedroom house. Is the price for real estate in CPH high right now? It is in the U.S. She should make a good profit out of it.
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #688 on: April 18, 2016, 01:22:52 AM »

Why on earth should she retire to Turkey? Huh? She's a Danish citizen and her children live here. I fail to see what she has done since many seem to want her out of Denmark Huh? She bought two houses in Turkey, clearly as holiday houses. AFAIK at least one of them has been sold. She has no financial problems at all (clearly) at this point. I can't see how she's in over her head, at least not in a finacial sense. I think living with Martin was expensive. After the split, she has  "cleaned up" anything that relates to him and is preparing for the future, which is a smart move.

My impression from an interview regarding the villa in Turkey was that she and Martin were planning to spend more time there in the future. I think its a perfectly reasonable assumption that this is her plan as a number of people choose to retire in countries like Turkey, Morocco or Spain because they can enjoy a warmer climate all year round and can live very well economically compared to other countries.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #689 on: November 30, 2016, 10:28:11 AM »

Through a  Mary & Fred topic (wedding anniversary) I made a trip down memory lane.......and Alexandra's wedding and time as a princess. It was one of the first major royal weddings for me (which I can consciously and lively remember). At that time it sounded and looked like a fairy tale to me.

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: