Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alexandra, Countess of Fredensbourg  (Read 190400 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #690 on: November 30, 2016, 10:37:55 AM »

« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 11:28:57 AM by Principessa » Logged
Ellie

Warned
Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #691 on: November 30, 2016, 10:44:00 AM »

They looked so happy.

Alexandra looked lovely, and I think when he was young before all the smoking wrinkles caught up to him Joachim was quite handsome.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #692 on: November 30, 2016, 11:28:37 AM »

They looked so happy.

Alexandra looked lovely, and I think when he was young before all the smoking wrinkles caught up to him Joachim was quite handsome.

They were indeed a beautiful (and beaming) couple then. Apparently something went sour along the way as it ended in a divorce. But when you see them today they kept it nice and civil.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #693 on: November 30, 2016, 11:36:33 AM »

At their engagement announcement

Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #694 on: November 30, 2016, 05:58:11 PM »

I looooooooove Alexandra's engagement look. It's terribly outdated, of course, but I love everything about it. Her shoes, clothes, jewelry, makeup and hair. Also, I had an Alexandra's engagement suit for my Barbie dolls when I was a kid. To me, this was the iconic princess look that Mosh didn't achieve on her engagement day. Alex and Joachim were young, beautiful and beamed with happiness.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #695 on: November 30, 2016, 07:02:55 PM »

This wedding remains my favorite royal wedding of all time (followed closely by Victoria's wedding).  I've never been a big Alex fan, but on that day, even with the weird hairstyle, there was just something so warm and gorgeous and dreamy about her gown, the flowers of the wedding, the location of the wedding, that tiara (my absolute favorite tiara ever), the way Jokke's cousins and brother all seemed to be having such a good time, the snow, the time of year, even Marge's dress all came together in a big, fairy-tale event.  I didn't discover Alex until after the divorce, so I've only seen that wedding knowing what happened to them later, but despite knowing the outcome, it's still just an absolutely beautiful royal event. 
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #696 on: November 30, 2016, 07:16:54 PM »

I just wish we also had some of the reception photos of Marie's weddidng, the dance, and some unstaged pics. Pity that there isn't even a whole video of their wedding out there...just clips.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #697 on: November 30, 2016, 07:44:22 PM »

I just wish we also had some of the reception photos of Marie's weddidng, the dance, and some unstaged pics. Pity that there isn't even a whole video of their wedding out there...just clips.

I do too.  I suspect that like Jokke and Alex's reception, Jokke and Marie's reception was also an enjoyable and warm event filled with family and friends who had a great time celebrating the bride and groom.
Tatini

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #698 on: November 30, 2016, 07:53:38 PM »

Alexandra's dress was perfect for her petite figure. Even if the fabric was thick (it was late November, I believe) and the dress was multilayered, it emphasized her beauty without swallowing her. Her exceptionally big updo, though outdated, looked good too. She radiated such happiness and enthusiasm that it pains to see her now, twice divorced.  Cry
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #699 on: November 30, 2016, 09:51:00 PM »

Alexandra's dress was perfect for her petite figure. Even if the fabric was thick (it was late November, I believe) and the dress was multilayered, it emphasized her beauty without swallowing her. Her exceptionally big updo, though outdated, looked good too. She radiated such happiness and enthusiasm that it pains to see her now, twice divorced.  Cry

Well, she rushed into both relationships. If she had a say in the engagement to Jokke or if she also fell for the idea of becoming a princess, who knows. The second relationship everyone kind of knew it would not work. She could have asked us.  Halo
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #700 on: November 30, 2016, 10:37:42 PM »

Beautiful wedding dress as well as wedding.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #701 on: November 30, 2016, 11:19:05 PM »

November 30
Alexandra inaugurates new DaneAge building
With the chairman of DaneAge Thomas Thomsen, and, the widow of the founder of the association in Hvidovre, Birthe Rieck, Alexandra inaugurated the new DaneAge building. The DaneAge Association is a Danish nonprofit membership organization that works for the protection of senior citizens' interests in the society. It was founded in 1986 and has about 650,000 members.

DaneAge has 217 local chapters across Denmark. Some 14,000 volunteers do voluntary social work, arrange local membership activities, local advocacy.

Alexandra lifted the veil on how her Christmas Eve will shape without children, when she opened the new DaneAge premises at Hvidovre center.

She said it was true that her sons would be with Joachim. And to the question of what she intended to do, she replied succinctly that Christmas for her is a family thing.

The 53-year-old single,  who last year divorced from Martin J?rgensen will spend Christmas with hers 83-year-old mother, Christa Maria Nowotny, who lives in Vienna, Austria. Alexandra also has two younger sisters, Martina Frances Manley and Nicola Maria Manley. So the Countess will let Christmas peace descend either by traveling to Austria or invite family visiting her new luxury flat on Store Kongensgade in Copenhagen, where she moved in a few months ago.

Alexandras 83-year-old mother is still going strong.

- "My mother is well, and she is admirably strong. She lives by herself and makes active use of her network of family and close friends. I hope that I have inherited her good genes", said the countess after the speech at the association.

- "There are so many lonely people - and that applies not only to old people. I have long wanted to work more for the elderly's welfare, and I have had the opportunity today", she said. Alexandra has been active as a visiting friend of an elderly man in a nursing home until he died last year".

- "In this context, I experienced how employees and volunteers took care of him. I was very impressed and I will in the future do even more, which I have already spoken with the President of DaneAge about", she revealed.

The Queen is also the patron of DaneAge and Alexandra expressed great pleasure in being able to help in this regard.

For a divorce parent, Eve seems enormously lonely when your children are not present. And so it will undoubtedly go for Alexandra, who have to do without sons Nikolai and Felix.

This year they will be spending Christmas with their father, Prince Joachim and their smaller half-siblings Henrik and Athena at Marselisborg Castle in Aarhus, where the Queen and much of the royal family will also be meeting.

--- interessante....interessante  

Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #702 on: December 01, 2016, 01:56:16 PM »

IMO there are two ways to read this:

(a) this is a pity story "I am so lonely" whine, whine ... (at least I am getting some headlines again  Secret)

(b) it is an account what she is doing now for Christmas without husband and children

I read it more in the first version. What do you think? Thanks for posting it.
jigmesjigga

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #703 on: December 07, 2016, 02:55:44 PM »

Or single and ready to mingle?

Well, if it's either of those, at least she got in a plug for a charity she works with, unlike some princesses we know.

I would guess her boys don't care either way - Christmas is for young 'uns and they probably like to spend it with their younger siblings who are definitely at that age where Christmas is super-exciting.

And it's definitely important for her to spend time with her elderly mother - as your parents get older, you definitely think about the time you're spending with them, more and more. If the kids are occupied in Denmark, then it gives her the freedom to go to Austria and see her. Neither of her sisters married?
Tulip of Nonsense

Large Member

Monaco Monaco

Je chante donc je suis...

Ignore
« Reply #704 on: December 07, 2016, 05:38:37 PM »

I used to be a moderate fan of Princess Alexandra; I liked a lot her style, her elegance, her hard work and her royal demeanour in general. Their divorce did take me by surprise, but her marrying that gold digger Martin came even a bigger shock. I still do not quite understand what was she thinking about doing that...  Thinking good it's over now.

All the same, I've got somewhat conflicting feelings about her choice. I mean to give up a Princess title for ever, by your own deed, to turn down in fact the Queen's generosity just in a blink of an eye... well it begs some respect... I don't know... Can you imagine Mary - comes to that - giving up her title and marrying a commoner?   Neither do I...

"I was given a degree by a college of unbeautiful nonsense... And I have kissed a prince in a land where men grind their wheat in the sky..."
Melville Davisson Post
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: