Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alexandra, Countess of Fredensbourg  (Read 179821 times)
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #705 on: December 07, 2016, 06:32:38 PM »

I used to be a moderate fan of Princess Alexandra; I liked a lot her style, her elegance, her hard work and her royal demeanour in general. Their divorce did take me by surprise, but her marrying that gold digger Martin came even a bigger shock. I still do not quite understand what was she thinking about doing that...  Thinking good it's over now.

All the same, I've got somewhat conflicting feelings about her choice. I mean to give up a Princess title for ever, by your own deed, to turn down in fact the Queen's generosity just in a blink of an eye... well it begs some respect... I don't know... Can you imagine Mary - comes to that - giving up her title and marrying a commoner?   Neither do I...

I feel the same. I was very suprised that she married so quickly and as you said - the marriage only had disadvantages for her. She is exotic and not so "mainstream". What I really like about her is how well and mature she and Jokke manage to handle the kids since the divorce.

I don't like the fact that she is still milking the Danish taxpayer to the last (but then, it is also debatable, because it was a right granted to her). At times I found that she was rubbing it too much in people's faces (e.g. by having two holidays homes). I also did not like that she took out a mortgage for financing stuff like that.

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #706 on: December 09, 2016, 10:24:04 PM »

AFAIK both of Alex's sisters are married (still). I bet it'll be quite ok for her to spend the holdiays with her family for once. I very definitly don't get a whining tone from her when she talks to the press.
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #707 on: February 10, 2017, 04:15:07 PM »

any new news about Alex and how & what she has been doing?          Also, gossip about x-Martin
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #708 on: February 10, 2017, 04:18:01 PM »

Any news about Alex?    What& how she is doing since her move
what about x-Martin....he is always good for bad gossip
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #709 on: February 10, 2017, 04:31:22 PM »

I find it very difficult if any social welfare, be it for the poor or for the rich  Wink is counted against possible income generated thru work. In many cases this takes away the incentive of looking for work at all.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #710 on: February 13, 2017, 05:20:32 AM »

Like her or not, her marriages were not working and she had the guts to get out.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #711 on: February 15, 2017, 09:09:22 PM »

Like her or not, her marriages were not working and she had the guts to get out.

Nobody really knows if she broke up with Jokke or if it was the other way round. What I liked was that the split was amicable and focussed on the well-being of their two children.  Thumb up

With Martin, he cheated and it was just a matter of time before the stories hit the newspapers and magazines, so she needed to react.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: