Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wessex Family  (Read 632077 times)
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2355 on: September 25, 2021, 11:48:33 AM »

What’s the point of his “stream lined monarchy” if the ultimate goal isn’t to reduce costs?

Well we’ve never been told what his plans are…it’s mostly been so called experts guessing…but still.  As the BRF is a masterpiece of mismanagement it will be interesting to see if Charles is able to accomplish anything that actually makes a difference.

I tend to agree with you though I switch SJP for KP as it and CH are attached.  But with people living in both it’s a touch complicated.  I also tend to think that the York Princesses should lose their HRH (don’t hate me) mostly because the press campaign against them if they don’t will be unreal (and they should have all the children of non-heirs on the same level). 

You could be HRH and not get any funding or official role. If Charles wants to make changes he can but it should not apply to the children of his siblings or previous generations.... I mean should the Kent’s or Gloucester’s be stripped of their status after 50 years of service? And if changes are to come and it is family of direct heir only then Charlotte should be able to get the same status for her children
Absolutely. Things can’t stay as they are. If George, Charlotte and Louis each have two children, Charlotte’s untitled offspring would be ahead of their HRH Uncle Louis and his two HRH children in the line of succession.

If Louise chooses not to take up her title on her birthday, despite being the male-line grandchild of the monarch, it’s going to make the foot stamping of other people look even more ridiculous than it looks already.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Airlie (not the Countess)

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2356 on: September 25, 2021, 12:01:38 PM »

I think there will be changes made and Louis children won't be HRH - we heard something about that from certain other family members.

I don't think it should be applied retroactively, I'm 100% opposed to stripping the Queen's cousins of their HRH after so many years of service.

That said most people don't know who is HRH and who isn't and what that means, I had someone ask me what Zara got from the civil list (which doesn't exist) and why her kids weren't Princesses and Prince.

I don't think even if they limited the HRH to William and George and everyone else became Mr/Ms/Miss Mountbatten-Windsor that it would clear everything up.

I truly don't believe Louise will chose to become an official princess on her 18th birthday for any number of reasons.
Kayzilla

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2357 on: September 25, 2021, 12:55:52 PM »

What’s the point of his “stream lined monarchy” if the ultimate goal isn’t to reduce costs?

Well we’ve never been told what his plans are…it’s mostly been so called experts guessing…but still.  As the BRF is a masterpiece of mismanagement it will be interesting to see if Charles is able to accomplish anything that actually makes a difference.

I tend to agree with you though I switch SJP for KP as it and CH are attached.  But with people living in both it’s a touch complicated.  I also tend to think that the York Princesses should lose their HRH (don’t hate me) mostly because the press campaign against them if they don’t will be unreal (and they should have all the children of non-heirs on the same level). 

I don't think Charles' intention is to reduce cost. I think he just wants to split the same amount of money among fewer people.
I also think it's cruel in some way to present Louise like this ("monarchy's secret weapon") when she is never ever (and was never ever) going to be a "working royal."
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2358 on: September 25, 2021, 01:56:30 PM »

I don't think Charles' intention is to reduce cost. I think he just wants to split the same amount of money among fewer people.
I also think it's cruel in some way to present Louise like this ("monarchy's secret weapon") when she is never ever (and was never ever) going to be a "working royal."

No none of the nieces or nephews will be .... he can keep Anne and Edward doing the lesser engagements.... but in time it will become “corporate” ... the small charities and lesser events won’t have a patron but I’m not sure it will make any real difference.... they will have professional fundraisers and not rely on someone turning up to the yearly event
Diogenes
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2359 on: September 25, 2021, 02:08:01 PM »

Is it worth opening a new general thread to debate the modern monarchy?  Any modern monarchy?  Purpose?  Constraints of tradition/history?  Steps to get there?  Is there any monarchy today that is heading in that direction (and isn’t just talking about it)?
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2360 on: September 25, 2021, 02:25:14 PM »

Is it worth opening a new general thread to debate the modern monarchy?  Any modern monarchy?  Purpose?  Constraints of tradition/history?  Steps to get there?  Is there any monarchy today that is heading in that direction (and isn’t just talking about it)?

Now that could be fun.
anneboleyn

Warned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2361 on: September 25, 2021, 02:57:18 PM »

Yes please! This thread has gotten a little OT but I do enjoy the discussion. A new thread would be great.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
dwi
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2362 on: September 25, 2021, 04:46:03 PM »

I have never seen any suggestion that Charles intends on reducing the costs of the royal family. He would need to ask the parliament to reduce the size of the Sovereign Grant for that to happen and that hasn't been suggested. All that has been suggested is that there will be a smaller royal family.

I would like them to do the following:

1. Restrict HRH Prince/Princess to the children of the heir apparent only in each generation but allow those who have held and used HRH since birth to keep it ... so no stripping of the Yorks but no HRH for the Wessex or Sussex children or for Louis' going forward.

2. Limit working royals to the heir apparent and spouse in each generation and make it clear that the younger siblings have to earn their own money so Charlotte and Louis won't have the same issues as Harry, Andrew and Margaret before them of not seeing a real purpose in life other than to shake hands and open things.

3. Ask the parliament to reduce the Sovereign Grant from 15% of the Crown Estate to 5%.

4. Open BP permanently to the public and not have it as the home of the monarch at all. Make it a museum. Limit the homes of the Crown Estate used by the royal family to KP, CH and Windsor. All the others to be returned, when the current leases expire, to the Crown Estate to be turned into museums and open to the public.

i agree!

hoping louise doesn't become a working royal so she can have a life.  also hoping that she flies the coop and spreads her wings away from the brf for college, etc.  i like her a lot, but her outfit in that special was awful!  she looked like an old lady.  how sophie could let her dress like that is beyond me.  she is too sheltered and i'm in fear it's going to stunt her growth as a person and woman.  she's needs to get from under the brf and go to school outside of the uk.

also, can she do something with her hair?  i mean condition it or something.  it always looks wild.  just don't understand it w/ their money.  she needs to get some cool, good girlfriends who can show her how to dress, and take care of her hair.  it's embarassing to see a royal her age looking the way she does.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 04:53:58 PM by dwi » Logged
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2363 on: September 26, 2021, 03:18:05 AM »

^Have you seen The Princess Royal's hair?
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2364 on: September 26, 2021, 05:17:31 AM »

I have never seen any suggestion that Charles intends on reducing the costs of the royal family. He would need to ask the parliament to reduce the size of the Sovereign Grant for that to happen and that hasn't been suggested. All that has been suggested is that there will be a smaller royal family.

I would like them to do the following:

1. Restrict HRH Prince/Princess to the children of the heir apparent only in each generation but allow those who have held and used HRH since birth to keep it ... so no stripping of the Yorks but no HRH for the Wessex or Sussex children or for Louis' going forward.

2. Limit working royals to the heir apparent and spouse in each generation and make it clear that the younger siblings have to earn their own money so Charlotte and Louis won't have the same issues as Harry, Andrew and Margaret before them of not seeing a real purpose in life other than to shake hands and open things.

3. Ask the parliament to reduce the Sovereign Grant from 15% of the Crown Estate to 5%.

4. Open BP permanently to the public and not have it as the home of the monarch at all. Make it a museum. Limit the homes of the Crown Estate used by the royal family to KP, CH and Windsor. All the others to be returned, when the current leases expire, to the Crown Estate to be turned into museums and open to the public.

i agree!

hoping louise doesn't become a working royal so she can have a life.  also hoping that she flies the coop and spreads her wings away from the brf for college, etc.  i like her a lot, but her outfit in that special was awful!  she looked like an old lady.  how sophie could let her dress like that is beyond me.  she is too sheltered and i'm in fear it's going to stunt her growth as a person and woman.  she's needs to get from under the brf and go to school outside of the uk.

also, can she do something with her hair?  i mean condition it or something.  it always looks wild.  just don't understand it w/ their money.  she needs to get some cool, good girlfriends who can show her how to dress, and take care of her hair.  it's embarassing to see a royal her age looking the way she does.

She is going to a very expensive girls' school and so would probably have many girl friends.

She won't be going to school outside the UK as she is already in her final year of school now. When she finishes school next June she will possibly take a gap year, like all her cousins, or go straight to university somewhere in the UK, depending on her final A levels and interests. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't go to somewhere like Exeter like Zara and study something to do with horses (Zara did equestrian physiotherapy for instance). Of course her interests may be more city based and so she may go into Art History, like Eugenie or something else.

I think she is simply a girl who likes the more conservative old-fashioned type of clothes rather than the let's show off everything we have type that so many young girls wear these days.

Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #2365 on: September 26, 2021, 06:23:15 AM »

Aristocrats let their young people be children. Call Louise frumpy all you like - better than being vulgar and showy and primped. Diana was raised similarly - she wore Sloane clothes and owned one long frock and no evening coat at 19.
Mariola

Mini Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #2366 on: September 26, 2021, 02:59:41 PM »

Aristocrats let their young people be children. Call Louise frumpy all you like - better than being vulgar and showy and primped. Diana was raised similarly - she wore Sloane clothes and owned one long frock and no evening coat at 19.

But, Hester, if I am correct it is more than 40 years since Diana was 19. Also there are many many stages between 'frumpy' and 'vulgar and showy and primped'. Simple, well-cut, age-appropriate clothes do not have to be expensive.

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2367 on: October 14, 2021, 10:37:34 PM »

While I agree with the second part of your post, I do not with the first part.
We have seen far too many aristobrats with more plastic surgery and make-up than a Sephora store...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: