Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles and Camilla news and photos II  (Read 669903 times)
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2715 on: June 29, 2022, 06:58:15 AM »

It is the Arab way. Many people I know from the middle east don't trust banks at all and prefer to deal only in cash. I have a couple of friends from the Middle East who, as soon as their pay hits the bank, immediately removes it so they have the cash. I don't know the reason but it isn't always something illegal but cultural.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #2716 on: June 29, 2022, 09:11:26 AM »

It may also be that the Qatari PM wanted to make sure that the money got to PoW directly and intact so that no underling on either side could embezzle especially cash going to charity.

I know of some people who are absolute psychopaths in business but when it comes to going to church/mosque and giving to charity are unimpeachable.

The dichotomy is incredibly jarring.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #2717 on: June 29, 2022, 10:50:29 AM »

It is the Arab way. Many people I know from the middle east don't trust banks at all and prefer to deal only in cash. I have a couple of friends from the Middle East who, as soon as their pay hits the bank, immediately removes it so they have the cash. I don't know the reason but it isn't always something illegal but cultural.

Indeed. Insisting on a bank might have insulted the giver. Oh and - a few million euros are pennies to the Sauds.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #2718 on: June 29, 2022, 11:20:21 AM »

Maybe then you just don't meet an Arab king completely in private then? Thinking

Itís my impression the RF are often used by the government(s) for soft diplomacy, especially in the Middle-east. I would think it impossible for Charles to not forge more private ties with various royals in such a situation. I would not think him the worst at soft diplomacy actually but obviously it sets high demands on his personal integrity.
Michelle0187

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2719 on: June 29, 2022, 07:28:13 PM »

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-61984112

This actually makes him look worse.
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2720 on: June 29, 2022, 10:08:28 PM »

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-61984112

This actually makes him look worse.

How - it is well known what happened and that it doesn't happen now.

This is old news remember. We knew about this in 2015.
ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2721 on: June 29, 2022, 11:22:58 PM »

Maybe then you just don't meet an Arab king completely in private then? Thinking

Itís my impression the RF are often used by the government(s) for soft diplomacy, especially in the Middle-east. I would think it impossible for Charles to not forge more private ties with various royals in such a situation. I would not think him the worst at soft diplomacy actually but obviously it sets high demands on his personal integrity.

True, certainly about "soft diplomacy" but the Queen is known to meet with members of her family with Private Secretaries about if it is anything "work" related. That contrasted against Charles meeting a foreign - middle east- royal completely alone is quite telling IMO. What surprises me most is that it happened three times - once is an accident okay, thrice? Should have been better prepared IMO.

Of course it isn't the end of the world as the money went to charity but it does expose Charles for being weak IMO.
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: