Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sophie, The Countess of Wessex  (Read 822926 times)
Duchess of Suffolk

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3225 on: March 18, 2019, 01:18:09 AM »

March 11

This Commonwealth Day The Countess of Wessex has written a letter to the people of Malawi - congratulating them on removing the risk of trachoma

HRH is Vice-Patron of Diamond Jubilee Trust, which works across the Commonwealth to end avoidable blindness.

March 11

Interview with The Countess of Wessex on her work to champion the elimination of avoidable blindness across the Commonwealth

Visit to New York

March 12

The Countess of Wessex attended a Breakfast Meeting at the Residence of the United Kingdom Permanent Representative to the United Nations (Her Excellency Dame Karen Pierce) in New York City.

Meeting with a group of Stroud High School students at the UK Missìon – HRH spent 40 minutes with the students and they discussed a range of complex issues relating to gender inequality.

HRH attended the Opening Ceremony of Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) at the UN’s Headquarters in New York City.

The Countess of Wessex attended the United Kingdom’s Non-Governmental Organisation’s Reception given by the United Kingdom Permanent Representative to the United Nations at the United Kingdom Mission to the United Nations, One Dag Hammarskjold Plaza.

Her Royal Highness later received Ms Esther Dingemans (Director, the Dr Mukwege Foundation) and Ms Elizabeth Bohard (Co-Director, Nadia’s Initiative) at the Residence of the United Kingdom Permanent Representative to the United Nations.

HRH The Countess of Wessex met with survivors and advocates working to end the use of sexual violence as a weapon of war with Mukwege Foundation & Nadia’s Initiative – initiatives founded by Nobel Peace Prize winners Denis Mukwege and Nadia Murad.

The Countess of Wessex afterwards received Ms Pramila Patten (United Nations Special Representative of the Secretary-General on Sexual Violence in Conflict) at the United Nations Headquarters.

March 13

The Countess of Wessex (in the morning) attended a Breakfast Meeting on women, peace and security at the Residence of the United Kingdom Permanent Representative to the United Nations (Her Excellency Dame Karen Pierce) in New York City.

At the President of the General Assembly’s ‘Women in Power’ event, The Countess gave a speech on the challenges facing women’s participation and leadership, the role and responsibility of the UN & the Women, Peace and Security Agenda initiative, to help give women a voice.

The Countess of Wessex afterwards attended a Roundtable Discussion on the “Future of Women’s Leadership” at the UN Headquarters.

Her Royal Highness this afternoon attended a Lunch with the Baroness Hodgson of Abinger (Co-Chairman, All-Party Parliamentary Group on Women, Peace and Security) at the United Kingdom Mission to the United Nations, One Dag Hammarskjold Plaza, New York City.

The Countess of Wessex later attended a Meeting with the Dr Denis Mukwege Foundation at the United Nations Headquarters. The Countess met survivors, advocates and UN representatives to learn more about what is being done across the world to support women.

The Countess attended a panel discussion with Tatiana Mukanire from the Mukwege Foundation. “Survivors’ voices need to be at the heart of the global effort to end sexual violence in conflict.”

In the evening, The Countess attended a Commonwealth Day Reception to mark the 70th anniversary of modern Commonwealth. At the reception, The Countess spoke of having “huge pride in being a part of this incredible family of nations.”

Missing some photos. Sophie visit wasn’t covered at all by media. The coverage by Royal family is also very limited.

Lady Liebe

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3226 on: March 28, 2019, 04:41:11 PM »

sorry  - never mind
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3227 on: March 28, 2019, 05:58:31 PM »

Esther Dingemans.... sounds like a Dutch or Belgian (Flamish) origine...  Thinking
ElisaRose

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3228 on: March 29, 2019, 09:38:45 PM »

Love the Sophster, working hard, kind and relatively humble:
https://www.newmyroyals.c...-hosted-reception-at.html
no fan though of the Beckham dress-jacket combo... also not of the Grace Kelly updo... not swexxy Sophie! Nono

"I always had a dread of becoming a passenger in life.” HRH The Princess Margaret
Duchess of Suffolk

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3229 on: March 31, 2019, 01:24:01 AM »

March 22

Reception at Guildford Cathedral to celebrate the Centenary of the Women’s Royal Army Corps Association

March 27

The Countess of Wessex, Vice-Patron, The Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust, this morning attended the Commonwealth Eye Health Consortium Year Five Meeting

March 28

The Countess of Wessex this afternoon received Ms. Victoria Atkins MP (Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Crime, Safeguarding and Vulnerability

(no photos)

Her Royal Highness, Vice Patron, The Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust, later held the Commonwealth Eye Health Consortium at St. James's Palace.

The Countess of Wessex, Global Ambassador, International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness, this evening attended a Reception for Orbis UK at Barber-Surgeons' Hall

Peter Pilotto floral print dress £795.00

QueenE

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #3230 on: April 01, 2019, 08:16:06 PM »

I like that floral dress on her. Blue is her colour.  Thumb up
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #3231 on: May 02, 2019, 06:38:19 PM »

Sophie is visiting India from April 29 to May 3 to see how the Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust has helped tackle avoidable blindness in premature babies and also to view programmes launched by Queen's Young Leaders.

cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3232 on: May 02, 2019, 08:01:25 PM »

She definitely looks her age and she looks great!
I love this charity and the babies are so cute
Kayzilla

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #3233 on: May 02, 2019, 09:08:22 PM »

Awww Sophie’s loving gazes at those sweet teeny preemies!  I bet this is especially touching to her, with her own difficult deliveries.
Molly2101

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #3234 on: May 03, 2019, 12:29:24 PM »

Awww Sophie’s loving gazes at those sweet teeny preemies!   I bet this is especially touching to her, with her own difficult deliveries.

Sophie touched on this when she made a speech in New Dehli yesterday.

"High Commissioner, Honoured Guests;

This is the third time I have seen this film Life with Sight and each time I see it it makes me cry. My daughter, Louise, was born prematurely and so every time I see anything to do with premature babies it takes me back to those early days, the shock of her early arrival, and then the realisation that she had a sight issue, which we would have to manage."

I can imagine it all comes flooding back for her, even if Louise was never that small.  The noises of the machines beeping is something that I don't think anyone can forget.  I think it's great that Sophie has chosen something which means so much to her.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 12:34:27 PM by Molly2101 » Logged

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
Kayzilla

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #3235 on: May 03, 2019, 02:02:50 PM »

Awww Sophie’s loving gazes at those sweet teeny preemies!   I bet this is especially touching to her, with her own difficult deliveries.

Sophie touched on this when she made a speech in New Dehli yesterday.

"High Commissioner, Honoured Guests;

This is the third time I have seen this film Life with Sight and each time I see it it makes me cry. My daughter, Louise, was born prematurely and so every time I see anything to do with premature babies it takes me back to those early days, the shock of her early arrival, and then the realisation that she had a sight issue, which we would have to manage."

I can imagine it all comes flooding back for her, even if Louise was never that small.  The noises of the machines beeping is something that I don't think anyone can forget.  I think it's great that Sophie has chosen something which means so much to her.

I don’t know how she maintains her composure- I am tearing up just reading that and I don’t even have kids.
SvenskaSarah

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3236 on: May 03, 2019, 03:47:39 PM »

Ive said it before, and I'll say it again, Sophie is a wonderful asset to the royal family, and I only wish she was more senior within it. When she attends an engagement, the focus is on the engagement or the charity, not on what she wore or whether she closed a car door herself or not. Camila is similar in my opinion too, those two ladies would be a great double act. Sophie is one of the few married ins who didn't come with scandal or drama, she fitted in very well and continues to do so, and she always seems so earnest and caring.
luvcharles

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3237 on: May 04, 2019, 02:20:48 AM »

The only scandals around Sophie came early on - the fake sheikh (she and Princess Michael were also caught out by this 'reporter' who was finally unmasked after he caught out Fergie) and the non-payment of creditors by her PR company.

Since then she hasn't put a foot wrong.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3238 on: May 04, 2019, 04:40:40 AM »

He must have been pretty convincing because I don’t think Sophie is stupid.

Does Edward do much? I never see much about his charities
luvcharles

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3239 on: May 04, 2019, 05:08:15 AM »

Edward does a lot with the Duke of Edinburgh's Award. Last year he was the third hardest worker behind Anne and Charles although normally he is 4th behind Andrew as well. Last year he had an extra campaign with DoE in which he visited every Real Tennis Court in the world to raise money for the DoE.

When Charles and Camilla came to Australia last year for the Commonwealth Games they garnered a bit of coverage. Edward was here for the end of the games and for around 2 weeks in total but the only coverage was for the closing of the games themselves. Andrew gets even less coverage but they both do a lot of engagements.
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: